Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
itsjustsloane
i am a princess

Pinkie Pie Makeup

Okay so I need some suggestions. I am cosplaying Pinkie Pie for Animazement, and I want some suggestions on what to do for makeup or even some tutorials. I want something bright and fun, and that will go good with Pinkie's blue eyes, but I lack creativity and whenever I sit down with my makeup in front of me I have no idea what to do. Help?
itsjustsloane is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

after looking at her design im thinking that you should do two different things. one is a pink eye shadow since her skin is tech pink itll draw it in more and itll offset her blue eyes. Also wear false lashes as her eye lashes are huge! Itll create a more dolly look so dont make them too big. THen one one eye slightly to the bottom on the outside do the balloon design that she has near her tail. Im not near my stuff but i can pm u a sketch later.
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
itsjustsloane
i am a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
after looking at her design im thinking that you should do two different things. one is a pink eye shadow since her skin is tech pink itll draw it in more and itll offset her blue eyes. Also wear false lashes as her eye lashes are huge! Itll create a more dolly look so dont make them too big. THen one one eye slightly to the bottom on the outside do the balloon design that she has near her tail. Im not near my stuff but i can pm u a sketch later.
Thank you so much for the advice! I was already planning on wearing flase eyelashes, and I have 3 pairs right now actually. When I wear just one pair, there's hardly a difference. Should I wear two pairs? I've seen that done. And a sketch sounds great

(I hope I'm understandable, I'm using my phone right now haha)
itsjustsloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
rebel-cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustsloane View Post
Thank you so much for the advice! I was already planning on wearing flase eyelashes, and I have 3 pairs right now actually. When I wear just one pair, there's hardly a difference. Should I wear two pairs? I've seen that done. And a sketch sounds great

(I hope I'm understandable, I'm using my phone right now haha)
Wear all three haha.

Do two pairs overlapping each other on the top and stick the third on the bottom in combo with something like this make-up technique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHVOxhEpjp0&feature=plcp (Hers is the only tutorial I can remember right now haha)

As for the make up itself, I would do *lots* of pink eye shadow, as was recommended above and a light yellow for the inner corners of your lids. I would also add turquoise eye liner in addition to or instead of black to bring in the bright ridiculousness of Pinkie.
rebel-cosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Here are some suggestions for the pink eyeshadow if you want something simple

Use Milani Wet-To-Dry shadow (apply wet) for a dramatic hot pink look. Get one in hot pink, and then a darker hot pink. Hot pink on lids, darker hot pink on side of lids.

You could put the balloons on your face with acrylic paint (I did this for my Pikachu cheeks) but I think it'd be better to just accent those on the costume itself

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Stitches

http://giaxp.deviantart.com/art/Pink...keup-265604178

I really like this look. It's fun and light, and would definitely go with the false lashes, they make a huuuge difference in photos. The white eyeliner will brighten them up even more too.

The only thing I'm not sure about are the balloons. Ohh! Maybe you could use blue and yellow little jewels on the corners of your eyes? It would be a little more glamorous but still fun like Pinkie and would give you a little twinkle in person too. You can get small round colored jewels at JoAnn or probably Michaels in the jewelry section and they would probably stay nicely with eyelash glue or spirit gum. I hope this helped a little, I'm sure you'll look cute no matter what you decide on though. >u<

Last edited by Stitches : 05-09-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote