Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 05-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #1
MikuEuphemia
Rainbow Vomit!

Exclamation Cosplay Base Boots

For the life of me I can't find the boots I need for my cosplay! I have been to Ebay, Shoebuy.com and all kinds of other sites looking. The ones I do find are too expensive for me to purchase. All I need are plain, over the knee white boots since I will be putting boot covers over them, but I need to get them ASAP and I have a very limited budget. Suggestions from anyone on where I could find some would be greatly appreciated.

For the record, yes I know I could use heels or flats, but the character wears boots and I want to be authentic if I can at all. If anyone could give me suggestions, it would be appreciated. I had this post in another area, which apparently was the wrong one, so hopefully it's in the right place now. Help, anyone??
MikuEuphemia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Zil

Mens boots or womens boots? Plain or lace up? What's your budget? I've seen white womens 'gogo boots' on Amazon for about $30. If you answer those questions maybe someone will be able to dig something up for you. If you have a time crunch, I'd say go out to the local thrift stores, Payless, and discount stores like Marshalls or TJ Max. Even if you can find a boot in a light color you can paint it white. Search "painting shoes" on the forums and plenty of results will come up.
Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
MikuEuphemia
Rainbow Vomit!

I need female boots and would prefer it if they zipped rather than laced up. And I would like to pay not over $75 with shipping included. I had a pair picked out in the Cosplay.com store, but since they took their footwear section down, I'm now in a panic.
MikuEuphemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Valentinestate

Like Zil said, Go Go Boots are probably what you want to search.
http://www.amazon.com/Rubies-Costume...sr=1-1-catcorr
Most Halloween/party/costume stores have them...actually I've never been to one that hasn't.
Valentinestate is offline   Reply With Quote