Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photography Chat

Unread 05-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Photoshoot concerns

So I like a lot of the changes to the site so far but I do have one concern regarding the submitted photoshoots. Now when you click to view a member's submitted photoshoot, it takes you to a page where you get to see nearly full size previews of the images. My concern is these previews will suffice for most people and they'll never actually click on the image to view the actual image.

Why is this important? I'll tell you why. Views is one of the most important things I use this site for. It's all data and information, and seeing how many times an image is viewed allows me to get an idea how successful an image is received by this community. If one image from a set has more views than others, I can then analyze what might have been more alluring about that particular image. It helps in understanding which poses were successful, what type of post editing was successful, which angles were successful, etc. Maybe I just overlooked it, but with this new setup it seems this information is no longer attainable. I know the individual images still contain view information, but just in terms of submitting a gallery as a photoshoot, I'm worried that a lot of that viewer data is going to be lost since people no longer will have an incentive to click on the images within the photoshoot. Anyone else have any thoughts about this?
TykeJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #2
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

On photoshoots, each photo on the page receives a view, it's always been like that so nothing has changed in that regard.

We're adding additional features to these, it's best to wait till they come out first. For example, users will be able to comment on the photoshoots themselves.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
TykeJack
envisageu.deviantart.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
On photoshoots, each photo on the page receives a view, it's always been like that so nothing has changed in that regard.

We're adding additional features to these, it's best to wait till they come out first. For example, users will be able to comment on the photoshoots themselves.
My apologies then. I thought pictures only recorded views when the thumbnail was actually clicked and the person actually went to the image page. I thought that this was the reason for discrepancies between view counts for specific images, but after further review those discrepancies are smaller than I remember.
TykeJack is offline   Reply With Quote