Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #676
AkitoSohma123

I'm always getting made fun of for my religeon (I'm jewish) but after reading this thread I'm feeling a bit more confident.
AkitoSohma123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #677
Adorima

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoSohma123 View Post
I'm always getting made fun of for my religeon (I'm jewish) but after reading this thread I'm feeling a bit more confident.
Good job thread! Good job!

+*+*+

NDK 2012/13:
Yori Wakaba - Vampire Knight 25%
Wang Yao (China) - Axis Powers Hetalia
Adorima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #678
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

They showed a pretty good video at my church Sunday, What is the Bible Basically About?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNa6tLWrqk
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #679
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

I've kinder of been exposed to alot of religions in my life time. I'm married to a Catholic but she doesn't really follow the religion much anymore, at school I had several hindu friends - I was 'forced' to attend my local Catholic school when I was young but quickly rebelled against it so my parents back then didn't really push since I consider myself totally Atheist but tolerant provided people don't use religion or its ideals to hurt other people.

Lately, as part of my Japanese studies I've been learning about Shinto ~ it is pretty interesting to learn and surprisingly complex .

~Future Cosplays~
Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Misaki Ayuzawa (Maid Sama)

Facebook - Slice of Life Anime Club
My Gaming/Anime Livestream
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #680
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Hiiragi View Post
I consider myself totally Atheist but tolerant
So are the rest of the Atheists intolerant?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #681
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
So are the rest of the Atheists intolerant?
No, you took that out of context or misread me Lithium :3 But I can see your point though! I guess it really stems from peoples points of view, however that been said I've seen some pretty intolerant people in my time - religion is just one of those touchy subjects after all.

~Future Cosplays~
Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Misaki Ayuzawa (Maid Sama)

Facebook - Slice of Life Anime Club
My Gaming/Anime Livestream
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #682
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

It appears someone dug this thread up and let it get struck by lightening. Oh well, here's a story;

A while ago I was browsing the YKTTW on TV Tropes (basically the part of the site where people get help writing pages). I had a brief argument over the title of a proto-trope and the correct definition of "secular"; one poster, let's just call them "Mittens" to protect the innocent, insisted that a secular society was one which "enforced atheism" (paraphrased) and no amount of citation could convince Mittens otherwise. After a while, the argument died down (the prototrope in question was later salvaged and launched).

Some time later, I once again encountered Mittens, this time soapboxing over how "it's apparently 'cool' to make fun of [faith]" (which one isn't relevant to this anecdote). For want of anything better to do, I wondered what Mittens did outside of the YKTTW on the wiki and (to no great surprise) found that they'd made a lot of edits on the religion related "Useful Notes" pages, nitpicking at how particular works of fiction resemble (or don't) [faith] and complaining that they didn't match up to their interpritation of [faith]. I didn't want to start another argument or get involved in an edit war, so I decided I was just paranoid and ignored them.

Last month someone brought it up, a few other people shared the same concerns and the mods suspended Mittens (on TVT a suspension is usually just to get someone's attention rather than a punishment). In the ensuing conversation with them it turned out that Mittens both tried to get around the suspension and did indeed have an agenda (or rather, went mysteriously quiet when asked to explain themselves), which lead to a permanent ban. The moral of the story; If you already know someone turns into an arse around a subject and you suspect that they're being an arse when the subject's at hand they are probably an arse.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #683
IenzoRenaNipah

I'm Christian, but I don't mind it if others aren't. It's just when you start shoving your beliefs down my throat, I'll punch you in the balls or boobs. Seriously. I don't do it to you, so don't do it to me.

I don't really care about the big bang/evolution thing taught in school, because I actually have Christian teachers who are pretty much forced to teach it.

Also, the WBC scares me. They give Christians a wrong name.
IenzoRenaNipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #684
Khorrupt

I'm Agnostic, but I'm completely tolerant, i.e. I don't care if you think there's a little pink guy living on Jupiter, it's cool with me. But like...why can't some other people be tolerant as well? -.-"

I'm not bashing Christians, but I've had four ADULTS in CLASS within the last two weeks tell me that I "need more Jesus in my life."

What...
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #685
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

Pick and choose. I. Hate. That.

I hate when people say "z0mg you're doing this/not doing this you're going to a horrible place that has a different name based on my religion". But then if you read that religions holy book, you see that "Hey, you're also not supposed to do this, or this, or that.." and they just conveniently ignore that.. If you're going to come at me for something, then live your holy book 100%, not what you deem convenient and inconvenient.

Also when people act as if me not following their religion or doing something against their religious beliefs impacts their lives in any way, shape, or form. I'm not Christian? I MUST BE RUINING THEIR LIFE. I'm not Jewish? RUINING YOUR LIFE. I'm not Catholic? HERE I GO, RUINING YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. Like srsly. My beliefs have literally zero impact on your life. Stahp.

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #686
Ilafatyu
That guy

My dad was educated by nuns and my mom ran away from a strict Catholic house. Needless to say there's a lot of religion-bashing in my house. The first time I really heard religion talked about in a positive manner was by my friend's father, who got a lot of support from the church while he was overcoming some issues. Whatever works for everyone, I figure they should go for it as long as it doesn't encroach onto anyone else's life.

In the meantime, I debate with myself on the meaning of following a religion based around guilt and trying to overcome the original sin, and the only way to be saved is to throw yourself into the arms of a power you can't understand. I'll find my way eventually, whatever it is. My religion is the same as my major: undecided.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #687
Pastaloving Me~
PASTA rules the World!!

Im Christian but alot of my friends arent. I dont mind if others dont have the same belief, but looking at the bible...yeah, the it does say you will go to hell if you dont change your ways by the end of your life, but I would never say that....personally, I just hope that they'll change one day before they die. But its part of our religion to think that and try and get everyone we can to become a christain. Please dont see this as us shoving our religion in your face, we are simpily trying to be nice, but I know it can sometimes be very annoying. But please dont be offended!!

Story: I have a friend that believes in Hindu. I meet her when I was in 4th grade. Since she was my first friend that wasnt christian, i tried to shove get her to believe it, alot! But then she told me how I was kinda slapping her around with my trying. So when I saw what I was doing from others perspective, I simply backed off. Some people probaly have not had others show them how it feels to get slapped around by others religion, so thats probaly another reason why we people try to get others to believe in different things all the time.
What Im saying is, there are lots of religions out there, but usually people are trying to do what they believe is right. If you were to tell everyone in the world that a certain religion is right, with proof and everything, there would probaly be a war, and others still wouldnt believe it. You can always try to do reasearch if your not sure what to believe of whats right. Im pretty sure you'll find something that suits you!!

(lol wow thats the most Ive ever wrote!! Well I hope this helped someone!! Peace!)
Pastaloving Me~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #688
Hetaliacosplay∞

I'm really strong in my religon, but why so much hate? Just because I believe in a different thing than you doesn't make it okay to say"Oh you don't believe in god, your going straight to hell" I hated it when this girl at my school decided to start pushing me."I know you love god just say it! Here, you and your family can come to my church on sunday and i'll see you there!" Finally I snapped and said no matter how hard she tried, I wouldn't listen to her. Then she just looked at me and said in my face "Your going to hell. I hope you burn and be tortured." And it's been that way for as long as I can remember. I can understand everyone has different beliefs and want friends like that, but that doesn't mean push and push and PUSH! I consider myself a Native gem because I can tell people about native stuff that they don't know about. The reason my family never gave in to the Christians that were going around taking away the Native kids was because both of my grandparents escaped. We kept our heads held high and didn't care. What i'm trying to tell you people who are being pressured is you need to not be pressured by others just because they say that something awfuls gonna happen to you just because you don't believe in their religion. You need to stand up and say "This is what I believe in and nothings going to change that"
Witch Miku Halloween
Fem! Ciel Phantomhive (Dress)
Len Kagamine

>w< Weird >-< Crazy >u< Fun
>o< Just too Lovable 2 be Hated

Ciel's REAL Fiancé
Mrs.Cynnia Phantomhive
Hetaliacosplay∞ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #689
HardcoreNamine

I'm a Christian, but I don't understand why anyone would try to force their beliefs on other people or threaten them in order to get them to convert. There's hardly anything more motivating than defiance.
Sailor Chibi Moon 5%
HardcoreNamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #690
Felidae Pounce
Nyan! =^w^=

I'm not particularly religious and I don't mind having friends who are religious, but it becomes a problem when one starts saying that my actions are something that will "make me end up in hell" or anything along those lines. I don't mind learning about someone's religion, but don't go out of your way to try and force me to have the same beliefs as you. It will only end up in a terminated friendship.
Instagram: felidaepounce
World of Warcraft: Tinykitten (Echo Isles)
Rangerboard: Felidaepounce
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Felidaepounce
Felidae Pounce is offline   Reply With Quote