Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 973 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #11371
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post
Furie- What pretty wings! I've never heard of polypro sheets for wings, but they seem to work great. Is there a tutorial out there for them?
I think polypro is the shortened name for the sheets but i dont know the full name lol. I didn't use a tutorial and crafted up my own way of constructed them, but I did make a tutorial on my FB on how I made mine ^___^

I finished my wings!!! But they flop down and out sideways BIG TIME! *weep* Really gotta think of something to keep them erect

Unread 05-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #11372
myiuu
LadyCakes

@ Furie omg I love your wings! I'm sure you'll find a way to keep them up

I had to stop on my cosplay stuff for a bit (renovating kitchen fdslhfds D but I started on a few of Merida's props!
I finished the Quiver and I've got everything to start the arrows. It was such a pain in the butt to find any HD photo of her quiver D: bit I'm really happy with how it turned out.

COSPLAY 2012
Sakura Kinomoto - CardCaptor Sakura Movie
Hiccup - How To Train Your Dragon
Princess Merida - Brave
myiuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #11373
LKD
Is a princess!!

Ooo you guys are amazing at props! I'm not so good XD

I'm working on Ariels historical dress. I have sleeves poofs and all three skirt layers..minus trims and waistband.

Did I mention this is for tomorrow?
Unread 05-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #11374
Aurora's Heart

Furie- OMG!!! So jelly of your wings. I hope you find a solution so they stay upright. I've done wings before and that is the hardest part in my opinion. Good luck.

Myiuu- Love your quiver!!!!!! Makes me wish I knew how to work with leather. can't wait to see your arrows.
Unread 05-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #11375
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- Thanks- I'll look for it when I start making wings again. As for the flopping, perhaps you could make them a little more stable/secure at the base? It would prevent them from moving around as much.

myiuu- That is a lovely quiver! I really like the Celtic braiding pattern on the edges of it! It has such an authentic look too~

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Last edited by Benihime78 : 05-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #11376
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Gahh thanks guysssss!!!!! I'm super proud of these wings as its a first for me making anything like that! I've been suggested using some wire in between the wings near the top to keep them upright and out of people's way (and so they dont annoy me lol) so it looks like I'll be heading to the nearest homeware store buy some wire lol. I did also wonder if any of the spare polypro that I have would work.. if i rolled a small bit up, clingfilmed it together then somehow attached it in between the two wings about half way up to make them stay in place... but dont know what i'd use to attach the home made tube lol

Beni- I would, but their super stable at the base- its literally the tops of the wings that flop down and out... (will have to take a photo of what i mean) but you know in great fairy rescue when Vidia's wings get wet and they flop right over on themselves at the top?? They basically do that but sideways

myiuu- OMG I love your quiver!!! Its soooooooo well made!!

LKD- EEP! Good luck on finishing her historic dress in time!!!
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #11377
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- In that case, I was about to ask about putting wire in them, but it looks like you found a solution(after looking at your fb).

Also, is anyone else here having trouble figuring out the site's new layout big time? I used to be able to find my old posts through my profile, but now can't even find my profile. I'm thinking about changing my bookmarks until I do.
*Didn't check the help forum before asking*

I also just realized something after looking at myiuu's quiver- I'm going to need to enlist my mom to help me with mine! Not for the leather part, but for the details. She's been drawing Celtic lacing/braiding patterns for as long as I can remember, so she'd probably be willing to help me if I don't buy one of those Merida toy archery sets.

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #11378
itsjustsloane
i am a princess

I reaaalllllyyy wanna cosplay Ariel in her big pink dress, but idk if I can pull it off.. the bangs looks hard to style lol. I may need to commission a wig if I do decide to cosplay her, which means it will cost a tooooon.
itsjustsloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #11379
kojirojames2004
Happy Heinz-O-Ween!

Okay, guys and gals, I just got the dates for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at WDW's Magic Kingdom as follows:

September 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28 and 30
October 4, 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30 and 31
November 2

Check the web site for more details. Tickets are on sale now. I'll have the California dates at a later time.
Unread 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #11380
myiuu
LadyCakes

Thanks for all the feedback on the quiver!
Started on the feathers. I tea dyed a few of them a pale cream color and the rest I painted with acrylics. I think they turned out pretty well

COSPLAY 2012
Princess Merida - Brave
Unread 05-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #11381
kiggi

parties booked! thanks for the update kojiro!

anyone going to colossalcon? i am! will be punzel and flynn pascal is too tall and doesnt fit in his costume anymore, and will be having a nice saturday with nana and papa while me and the husband go to our first con! just bought tix today (since it was the last day for pre reg.
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 05:11 AM   #11382
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustsloane View Post
I reaaalllllyyy wanna cosplay Ariel in her big pink dress, but idk if I can pull it off.. the bangs looks hard to style lol. I may need to commission a wig if I do decide to cosplay her, which means it will cost a tooooon.
Ariel's bangs are not hard to style actually! I used this awesome simple video tutorial when I re did mine and they came fantastic!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AapuYIoDFA4 But it really is all about teasing the hair back and up, then over, really simple! This is how mine came out using this tutorial as a guide:

Kojiro- I'll be buying my WDW MNSHP tickets when we pay off some of our general holiday probably. Get the tickets added to the rest of the price that needs to paid XP
Unread 05-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #11383
TopHatDown
wantstomakeallthecosplays

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggi View Post
parties booked! thanks for the update kojiro!

anyone going to colossalcon? i am! will be punzel and flynn pascal is too tall and doesnt fit in his costume anymore, and will be having a nice saturday with nana and papa while me and the husband go to our first con! just bought tix today (since it was the last day for pre reg.
I am Kiggi. Are you going to the photoshoot? Hopefully it will happen an hour before the formal ball on Friday. :3 I'm going to wear Relly to it.
Unread 05-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #11384
myiuu
LadyCakes

Finished my arrows for my Merida cosplay! Ahhh they turned out so well, I might make 2-3 more just to fill out the quiver a bit more.

COSPLAY 2012
Princess Merida - Brave
Unread 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #11385
Holli

WELL! haven't been around here for a while! need to go back some pages, have a look at all the progress! Just posting to show you my new sleeping Beauty wig, i haven't been focusing on any costuming for a while; so it was really nice to get back into it with my Sleeping Beauty Costume ! The costume was a commission, but i have always enjoyed styling wigs, so i thought i would give this one a go

What do you think? I was thinking of opening for commissions
Holli x

Last edited by Holli : 05-13-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Holli is offline   Reply With Quote