Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #46
ioniafreak
Geek.

i just wanted to pop in a say that Arda wigs has a new wig :'D
http://arda-wigs.com/Benny.html
the wig name made me fangirl XD

Last edited by ioniafreak : 05-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.
ioniafreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #47
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioniafreak View Post
i just wanted to pop in a say that Arda wigs has a new wig :'D
http://arda-wigs.com/Benny.html
the wig name made me fangirl XD
-wishes I didn't already buy a wig-

I wish they warned us too! I didn't see it on any list or previews or anything! I find their dark brown still a tad bit too light for my liking, but I'm definitely going to get a close up look at it at Colossalcon and perhaps buy it if I like it enough.

The style is actually pretty good though! They even have the wave at the top of the head, instead of just being curly.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #48
ioniafreak
Geek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
-wishes I didn't already buy a wig-

I wish they warned us too! I didn't see it on any list or previews or anything! I find their dark brown still a tad bit too light for my liking, but I'm definitely going to get a close up look at it at Colossalcon and perhaps buy it if I like it enough.

The style is actually pretty good though! They even have the wave at the top of the head, instead of just being curly.
i still really like the curly-ness though. its very hard to find a nice curly wig without it being too over or under curled. Makes me even want to do a Sherlock cosplay XD Nah, i am more of a john cosplayer <3
ioniafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #49
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

Jeran - I went ahead and got the Marilyn wig in that dark black brown shade, and I am so pleased with it! Good call! The Arda wig was not loading for me last night; they were doing updates, it seems. But I feel worlds better about my cosplay now! I'll have pictures in a few weeks after the convention.

Simon Blackquill - Ace Attorney (100%)
Chief Prosecutor Edgeworth - Ace Attorney (100%)
Tsunami - Tenchi Muyo! (100%)
Luke Skywalker 2.0 (A New Hope) - Star Wars (100%)
Sailor Moon - Sailor Moon (50%)
Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Planned)
Tuxedo Mask - Sailor Moon (10%)
Mama Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #50
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Austria View Post
Jeran - I went ahead and got the Marilyn wig in that dark black brown shade, and I am so pleased with it! Good call! The Arda wig was not loading for me last night; they were doing updates, it seems. But I feel worlds better about my cosplay now! I'll have pictures in a few weeks after the convention.
Awesome. I can't wait to see pictures of yours (and I can't wait to style mine in a few weeks!).

I'm thinking I might plan on doing other version of Sherlock, other than the purple shirt and coat. Like the bloodied-harpoon scene, and the Vicar. Technically, they'd both be pretty easy since they're just different shirts and such. I love normal-clothes cosplays just as much as the crazy-out-of-this-world ones!

Any suggestions for making a harpoon? I was thinking about fitting a PVC pipe into another, bigger one and painting them. The bottom piece wouldn't look like wood (just brown), but I don't have woodworking tools to actually make it out of wood.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #51
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

You might be able to use a large wooden curtain rod or the like for the harpoon, if you wanted it to be made of wood.

Unread 06-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #52
Pawprint29

So I'm working on my own Sherlock for SDCC and got Arda's Benny wig. Somewhat disappointed in it though. Mine doesn't want to curl and style in the same way that they show on their website. It has a bit too much volume on the sides and not in the back. I'm gonna have to work on.The dark brown was sold out, so I got the natural black. Which actually seems pretty good color-wise.
Pawprint29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #53
nyachyan
The Hero

I'm a tad late to the game in this thread, but I've been working on both canon and genderbent versions of John and it's great to see some fellow fans cosplaying from this amazing series~

John WIP

Fem!John WIP

My next step is styling John's wig a bit more and making his hunter style jacket.
Fem!John H. Watson [BBC Sherlock]
Korra [Avatar: LoK]
Son Goku [Saiyuki Reload Blast]
"Winter Wrap Up" Applejack [MLP:FiM]
Dolorosa [Homestuck]
Stature [Young Avengers]
Chess America [Hetalia]
Femerica [Hetalia]
nyachyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #54
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

Hokay. I am waiting for the high res quality photos from the convention of my Sherlock cosplay, but here's one I have in the wings.

I'll link some more later when I get them. You know with the whole coat and scarf as well.

Unread 06-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #55
Pawprint29

Some photos from my own Sherlock cosplay. Was meant to wear it as this years SDCC, but not able to go anymore. So tried to take some photos using my phone (so quality and lighting isn't great). Didn't really go with either femme or crossplay, so I'm sort of a gender ambiguous Sherlock from these angles.

Unread 06-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #56
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1339959171

Here's my Sherlock wig that is #2 Marilyn from Amphigory. It was incredibly easy to cut and turned out well. I do love it!

Also, my John in the pic wears the super short in cool ash blonde from cosplay.com's store.

Unread 06-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #57
UmmS

Hello! I've decided to do a BBC Sherlock as my first foray into cosplay (if you don't count the thrown together closet jedi I wore to my first con). I'm sewing skills are uber beginner, so I thought I'd try to make a costume with clothes I can find at Goodwill. Sherlock seemed like a good bet, but not just any Sherlock - Harpoon Sherlock! The Con I'm attending is 2 weeks away, and I'm starting to get everything in line now.

I got my wig from Adra today - Benny in Natural Black. I was a bit disappointed that the dark brown was out, but this color isn't half bad. It's a bit on the fluffy side (forgive the picture, the wig is directly out of the bag and I'm attempting a sherlock-esque pose while holding my iphone with one hand), but I should find some way to style it a bit. This is my first wig, and I'm a bit afraid of ruining it :/

Other costume to dos:

1. Harpoon - I'm getting the pieces this weekend. I figure something like a broom handle, a metal rod, and some rope, topped with a paper mache tip.

2. Blue shirt - Goodwill

3. Fake blood - am going to consult with my theater friends to see what homemade blood works best, doesn't stain the skin and will last through a few days of con going

4. Blue contacts - debating this. I normally wear glasses, but don't know if I will have the time to visit my eye doctor

5. My favorite step - watch Sherlock over and over again and practice acting Sherlock-esque.
UmmS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #58
Pawprint29

Mine is the Benny natural black too; I think it's actually closer to Sherlock's hair color than the brown (although I haven't seen any photos of anyone wearing the brown). Yours seems fluffier than mine though. I just messed with the bangs a little and didn't want to touch the rest.
Unread 06-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #59
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Don't do the contacts. It's frustrating. I'm still going to the opticians for mine.

I should get my friend that wig.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
Mama Austria
AKA Charlemagne

I love this thread; I love seeing everyone's work and how everyone does things differently.

http://papa-austria.tumblr.com/post/...anime-at-a-kon

Sorry for the OMG PINK tumblr, I am still figuring out that place. Here are a few shots from the nighttime urban photoshoot we did at A-Kon.