Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #1366
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I also need to go grocery shopping, and don't really want to. I just had some really good danish, though. I don't even like danish, but this was really moist and nice, and one kind had chocolate AND cheese in it. GOOD STUFF.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #1367
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I had spaghetti bolognese for dinner today! Made from scratch and everything! It wasn't really that flavoursome though, I need more spices.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #1368
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I had spaghetti bolognese for dinner today! Made from scratch and everything! It wasn't really that flavoursome though, I need more spices.
What do you think it needed more of? The recipes for bolognese I've seen don't usually call for much in the way of spices.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #1369
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
What do you think it needed more of? The recipes for bolognese I've seen don't usually call for much in the way of spices.
Yeah, unfortunatly I was out of bayleaf, so I had to leave it out and I didn't have much red wine so I had to just use more beef stock. The mixed herbs I used were cheap ones as well, so they were mostly just thyme.

Unread 05-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #1370
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Delicious Vietnamese food for dinner. Mmmmm.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1371
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Yeah, unfortunatly I was out of bayleaf, so I had to leave it out and I didn't have much red wine so I had to just use more beef stock. The mixed herbs I used were cheap ones as well, so they were mostly just thyme.
For the most part, thyme, a bay leaf or two, and some wine will do the trick, but even those aren't essential; I wouldn't worry about adding too much else. Most of the flavor should be coming from the vegetables, meats, and tomato. Garlic's more important than the herbs, anyway.
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #1372
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

True, but as I said; I was out of bayleaf and didn't have much wine (only a little bit at the end of the bottle).

Also, I've finally had a bit of my bakewell!

Unread 05-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #1373
harmonyisarine

I harvested a TON of oregano and mint that managed to winter amazingly well (I knew the mint would, that oregano could was news to me!). Now I'm just waiting for our chickens to mature. If we have a rooster, it's getting cooked with garden oregano, thyme, and basil. I practiced with a store-chicken last night, and it came out gloriously flavored and juicy.

Is it horrible of me to look at my father's new chickens and just see future dinners?
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #1374
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Tonight, it's Chinese. Huh. Wonder if it'll be Japanese tomorrow, with how this is going? (And I'll be getting my fill of the stuff at Anime North next weekend...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #1375
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Tonight, it's Chinese. Huh. Wonder if it'll be Japanese tomorrow, with how this is going? (And I'll be getting my fill of the stuff at Anime North next weekend...)
We had Chinese too. What did you get?

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #1376
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My usual combo plate from the takeout place I order from. Fried rice, chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce, I had a bit of the chop suey from Dad's plate, and it comes with an egg roll, but I rarely eat it before the next day since I get so full on everything else.
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #1377
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

I had the orange chicken combo with steamed rice, an egg roll and wonton soup.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #1378
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

oooh, sounds good. I love wonton soup, especially with lots of shallots. I also love this almond chicken dish I trie one time in a more authentic Chinese restaurant. It was sooooo yummy.
Unread 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #1379
browncoatnaruto
Found My Fight

I'm eating Kraft Dinner with fried tomatoes and garlic. Om nom nom nom nom. ^__^

http://browncoatnaruto.deviantart.com/ -My Deviant Art
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brown...64647923641311 -My Facebook Page
http://twitter.com/BrownCoatNaruto -My Twitter
browncoatnaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #1380
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyisarine View Post
Is it horrible of me to look at my father's new chickens and just see future dinners?
Not at all. My Mom bought a black angus steer several years ago for the express purpose of fattening it up to later butcher and eat. The few occasions I got close up to him (he certainly wasn't a "pet" cow) I went both "oooh, you're handsome" and "Oooh, you look yummy". And he was very yummy. And the beef and offal we got from him lasted Mom for over a year.