Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #2581
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM HunteR View Post
Beautiful Sakura

I also finished my Amaterasu and uploaded some photos today, it's version from #15 volume cover (deluxe edition) - http://www.cosplay.com/costume/417965/
I hope you'll like it ^^'
O: this is gorgeous!

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #2582
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywuzhere View Post
Oh, wow! That's really beautiful!
side note: I noticed the other day that CLAMP's Amaterasu is also a past character from RG Veda, right down to the shoulder pads/wing thingys. But I've forgotten the character's name...
Kendappa :3
The design of armor in TRC is similar to the one from RG Veda, the sword is almost the same so I had more references :P

Mehdia and benihime, thank you!

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #2583
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I finally have some progress pictures to share! I've almost completed the Watanuki costume for my brother's girlfriend for our group. Hope fully I will have more work on the other three to show off soon. I have some things to fix and then all that gold to sew down, but it's the most complete of all the costumes. Yuuko should be nearing completion tomorrow.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #2584
crazywuzhere
................poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I finally have some progress pictures to share! I've almost completed the Watanuki costume for my brother's girlfriend for our group. Hope fully I will have more work on the other three to show off soon. I have some things to fix and then all that gold to sew down, but it's the most complete of all the costumes. Yuuko should be nearing completion tomorrow.
That Watanuki costume looks exquisite!
crazywuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #2585
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Thanks! These costumes have been some headaches, but if they turn out like I think they will, they will be awesome.
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #2586
CianFionn

Watanuki looks lovely Mehdia! The gold detailing is fabulous.

DreaM HunteR, your Amaterasu is stunning. You got some great shots of it!

Gah, I just want to take pictures with you all! ^_^
CianFionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #2587
OdetteKuri

I'm not exactly doing one (please don't yell at me!) but I had a comment, so for Marus wig.... THEY ALWAYS GET IT WRONG!!! Her hair is past the floor and they do it to her waist (usually) so yeah... I love XXXHOLiC! I started reading the manga and finished the first season.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=maru+...9,r:6,s:0,i:86

-Souda Kazuichi - Super Dangan Ronpa 2
-Madoka Kaname (Ante up parody) - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
-Rei Ayanami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
OdetteKuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #2588
benihime
Kimono Queen

only problem is though that it's hard to wear a wig that long because it's so heavy...most cosplayers have to compensate so it doesn't pull their wig down or hurt their head really badly. Believe me, I have a friend that cosplays her so I know.

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 05-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #2589
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdetteKuri View Post
I'm not exactly doing one (please don't yell at me!) but I had a comment, so for Marus wig.... THEY ALWAYS GET IT WRONG!!! Her hair is past the floor and they do it to her waist (usually) so yeah... I love XXXHOLiC! I started reading the manga and finished the first season.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=maru+...9,r:6,s:0,i:86
I Understand you XD I was going to cosplay her 2 years ago, but after all my group decided not to make those costumes and when I was thinking about her I had big problem with wig for her. I found then this cosplayer: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1658740/ and I think it looks nice~ Because it's kinda impossible to have curly hair for example 170cm long...

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #2590
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM HunteR View Post
I Understand you XD I was going to cosplay her 2 years ago, but after all my group decided not to make those costumes and when I was thinking about her I had big problem with wig for her. I found then this cosplayer: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1658740/ and I think it looks nice~ Because it's kinda impossible to have curly hair for example 170cm long...
Agreed. Every cosplayer is different. You have to consider accuracy against feeling comfortable (and also if you're willing to risk having your wig dirty and tangled on the floor). I'm a big xxxHOLIC fan too, BUT I am not willing to risk my wig being tangled. Maybe for photoshoots. ;D But that Maru cosplayer had the right idea! LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's not too short or too long. <3

Sorry for just jumping into the conversation. 8D I've been lurking in this thread once and a while and saw the comments. Just had to say my opinion on it.

btw, people's (progress) pictures so far looks great. :3 Can't wait to show my Tomoyo-Hime cosplay.... when I start it. Needs to be done by June for a con. 83 BUT I have no more school so I should be fine to make her cosplay. Haha.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #2591
usuyukisou

In her official standard outfit, Miku also has hair longer than she is tall while up in twintails. Even fan videos rarely make her hair go past her knees. 100 cm twintail vances or whatnot is long enough for anyone to understand that "the character has LONG hair 1!!1ELEVENTYONE!1"

Just as you may have to sacrifice a little colour accuracy in the wig to translate it into real life against the clothing and your complexion, sometimes it just *looks* better to not have it identical to what is in the reference image.

Not to mention all the reasons mentioned above of inconvenience.
Unread 05-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #2592
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post

btw, people's (progress) pictures so far looks great. :3 Can't wait to show my Tomoyo-Hime cosplay.... when I start it. Needs to be done by June for a con. 83 BUT I have no more school so I should be fine to make her cosplay. Haha.
TOMOYO NEEDS MORE LOVE!!!!!!
I hope to do another one of her outfits next year, if I go to fanime and meet up with another clamp fanatic

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 05-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #2593
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by benihime View Post
TOMOYO NEEDS MORE LOVE!!!!!!
I hope to do another one of her outfits next year, if I go to fanime and meet up with another clamp fanatic
Omg, YES. Totally agreed! <333333 I love your cosplay of Tomoyo-hime! <333 I hope I do her some justice. 83 You should totally do it! The outfit I'm going with is a manga art of her and Kurogane together, shielding off a volley of arrows. 83 (I actually just really want her bell prop because it looks mighty cool to be carrying around! hahaha)
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #2594
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Got another picture of progress for my xxxholic group that will be debuting at A-kon next weekend. I'm knocking out Himwari tomorrow, but for now, I will share the jacket piece for my brother's Doumeki costume. It needs the hand stitching of the gold, a few other details, and it's ready. It fits him perfectly, and he's got the natural shape of a CLAMP guy: broad shoulders and then tapers down to a thinner waist and he's pretty tall. So perfect Doumeki. He doesn't even need a wig because he has naturally dark hair that he keeps cut short.
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #2595
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

okay, so I'm making a Sakura costume (the same one CianFionn made) but I'm not having much luck on finding good tutorials on how to style the wig to look anything like Sakura's hair. Does anyone have some helpful tips, maybe?