Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #76
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaasan View Post
I've actually never had cable, so I wasn't even introduced to anime until I was in college >.< I do like a few series, though, no "bashing" intended! I'm really sorry if I came across that way....~
Darn I knew I shouldn't have written "hey", sorry about that. Out of the list you put down I think I like Star Wars the best.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
Ruby Rose/Blake Belladonna - RWBY 10%

Petra Ral (angel ver.)- AoT
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill

Vergil(genderbent): DMC:5

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-26-2012 at 02:03 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #77
magiccosplay01

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Tulipe Noire View Post
Woo Tuxedo mask~ I'm working on a Sailor Venus cosplay myself. :]

@Link: What kinda sleeves are you making. o:

@animenerd: Well, I HAVE crossplayed, yes. o_O
Yup i hope to see both you and link at a con soon :O like San Diego Comic Con ! this year ^-^ id love to have more sailor senshi's to hang around with ^^
magiccosplay01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #78
ayaasan

No worries! I LOVE Star Wars! I actually influenced that as being the theme for the Halloween party at work two years ago XD I just need to take some more pics of my Boushh Bounty Hunter and I'll be ready to submit for the 501st.

I'm also obsessed with Doctor Who, Disney, Tim Burton (although I really didn't care for the Alice movie), Iron Man, Adventure Time, The Venture Bros, The Flash, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony, Homestuck, Indiana Jones, classic Power Rangers, Harry Potter, The Addams Family, BBC Sherlock, The Kingkiller Chronicles...just to name a few, lol.

I actually self draft now, but I still use a pattern for the sleeves, since they're a royal pain. Hoods are super easy, though! I pretty much just draft the pattern on newspaper, and resize the two pieces of fabric via pinning and cutting according to how large I want it. Then do it again with the lining color so you don't have to deal with the raw edges inside and "sandwich" the hood onto the cape or bodice neckline and either machine or hand-stitch
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #79
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccosplay01 View Post
Yup i hope to see both you and link at a con soon :O like San Diego Comic Con ! this year ^-^ id love to have more sailor senshi's to hang around with ^^
Haha I remember last year I saw a Tuxedo Mask for the first time ever I, sadly, had a fangirl moment. I didn't glomp him or anything but i was like "oh my gosh look it's tuxedo mask!!"

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 05-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #80
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
No worries! I LOVE Star Wars! I actually influenced that as being the theme for the Halloween party at work two years ago XD I just need to take some more pics of my Boushh Bounty Hunter and I'll be ready to submit for the 501st.

I'm also obsessed with Doctor Who, Disney, Tim Burton (although I really didn't care for the Alice movie), Iron Man, Adventure Time, The Venture Bros, The Flash, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, My Little Pony, Homestuck, Indiana Jones, classic Power Rangers, Harry Potter, The Addams Family, BBC Sherlock, The Kingkiller Chronicles...just to name a few, lol.

I actually self draft now, but I still use a pattern for the sleeves, since they're a royal pain. Hoods are super easy, though! I pretty much just draft the pattern on newspaper, and resize the two pieces of fabric via pinning and cutting according to how large I want it. Then do it again with the lining color so you don't have to deal with the raw edges inside and "sandwich" the hood onto the cape or bodice neckline and either machine or hand-stitch
Wow! You have a Boushh Bounty Hunter! :O That's so cool!

I like almost all of those that you listed, except for homestruck, The Venture Bros, The Kingkiller Chronicles. Only because I have never seen them before. xD

My mom sews a lot so when I see her make something usually makes her own patterns from it and when I ask she also says to make my own patterns since patterns are so expensive to buy.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 05-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #81
ayaasan

Have you ever taken advantage of the $1 pattern sales at Joanns? A couple of base patterns to modify, and you're set. Once you've gotten more advanced, self drafting is actually fun!~ I was sooo proud when I made my USO Girl completely from the promo shots from the Marvel website. I also think it's funny when I follow a pattern, hate the result, and re-draft and love it.

The Venture Bros actually surprised me! It's a bit raunchy, but I found myself loving the plots/character development and laughing out loud so often that before I knew it I'd seen all of the first season...and I already finished the second and am eagerly awaiting the third. This series will actually result in three costumes--I already finished Dr. Girlfriend, want to work on Dr. Mrs the Monarch, and my first crossplay in a LONG time, Pete White, the Albino quiz/radio show host who wears a white blazer and hot pink tights with white loafers with gold buckles :P
Unread 05-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #82
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Have you ever taken advantage of the $1 pattern sales at Joanns? A couple of base patterns to modify, and you're set. Once you've gotten more advanced, self drafting is actually fun!~ I was sooo proud when I made my USO Girl completely from the promo shots from the Marvel website. I also think it's funny when I follow a pattern, hate the result, and re-draft and love it.

The Venture Bros actually surprised me! It's a bit raunchy, but I found myself loving the plots/character development and laughing out loud so often that before I knew it I'd seen all of the first season...and I already finished the second and am eagerly awaiting the third. This series will actually result in three costumes--I already finished Dr. Girlfriend, want to work on Dr. Mrs the Monarch, and my first crossplay in a LONG time, Pete White, the Albino quiz/radio show host who wears a white blazer and hot pink tights with white loafers with gold buckles :P
*sigh* sadly I don't get to visit Joanns as much as I'd like to. I usual go when my sister need to get like fabric or something. I should plan ahead on things I should buy the next time I go
Hmm I should watch an episode sometime to see how it is.

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 05-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #83
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Quote:

I'm actually thinking of joining the 501st. A friend of mine is currently in the 501st and he invited me to their next event just so I can get a feel of things.
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:29 AM   #84
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: Ahaha. I crossplayed all the time. To the point where my mother would ask "Are you a girl this time?" I think she's pleased I'm trying some more 'girly' cosplays, but I hate to see what will happen when I go back to males. xD

@Magic: Ah well, I should have my entire inner group at AX and maybe one or two of us at CC~ We'll see. Depends on how many tickets I get. ;]

@Ayaasan: I was told to watch Game of Thrones but I can't find it anywhere online for free. >I And I don't have Netflix or anything.

I totally want to do something from Lord of the Rings. D: But no one else seems to want to. And now my friend wants to be all of the 'background' girls from the Marvel movies. Not so sure about those Ironettes. >_>
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #85
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
@Link: Ahaha. I crossplayed all the time. To the point where my mother would ask "Are you a girl this time?" I think she's pleased I'm trying some more 'girly' cosplays, but I hate to see what will happen when I go back to males. xD
hahaha! My mom wishes that I would dress more girly like. But I tend to avoid dresses, skirts, and even shorts as much as I can. xD

Quote:
@Ayaasan: I was told to watch Game of Thrones but I can't find it anywhere online for free. >I And I don't have Netflix or anything.
You can watch it on watchseries(dot)eu. That's where I mostly go to catch up on shows It gives you a list of websites to watch it on, I recommend choosing putlocker or gorillavid to watch the episodes on

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-26-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #86
ayaasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Kitty View Post
I'm actually thinking of joining the 501st. A friend of mine is currently in the 501st and he invited me to their next event just so I can get a feel of things.
Oooh! Can you let me know how things turn out? I've been kind of nervous since it's--from what I've seen at least-- massively dominated by guys. I did run into a friendly Scout Trooper at Comic Con last year, though
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #87
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: I KNOW my mother would prefer I was more girlie. xD I think she's concerned about my crossdressing, but I haven't don't that in a while. I should work on that. Though it doesn't help that my friends have been focusing on shoujo things rather than anything else. And they are so stuck on anime they don't really branch out. I think just Harry Potter was our real difference.
Oo~ Thanks I'll totally check it out later. It'll give me something to do. :]
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 05-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #88
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

@Tulipe Haha when my older sister started dressing up more like a girl I was like "who are you?! o.O" people said the same thing about me when I'm forced to wear a dress xD My interest in things spread out into a tree with a bunch of branches haha!
I watch a lot of shows on there like Doctor Who, Supernatural, Once Upon A Time, The Walking Dead, Psych and others!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 65%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%

Planned:

Unread 05-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #89
Psycho_Kitty
It flies, it dies

Quote:
Oooh! Can you let me know how things turn out? I've been kind of nervous since it's--from what I've seen at least-- massively dominated by guys. I did run into a friendly Scout Trooper at Comic Con last year, though
Yeah sure
SDCC '14
Currently working on:
Season 1 Jon Snow
Upcoming:
Original Character- Assassin
Sniper ODST

Psycho_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #90
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: That's always good. We mustn't limit ourselves. xD I think the worst thing about being 'girly' is the shoes. Those things hurt like hell.
I checked it out, but haven't watched anything yet. I'll probably get that done today. :]

Is it a sad thing that this year hasn't happened yet and my group is already planning next year? D8
X-23[]
Agent 13 []
Polaris []

My Tumblr