Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #46
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Lord-- if you fell asleep in the bathtub, the water would get cold and give you a cold when you woke up :x yikes!

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #47
~ashe~ffxii
Lady Ashe

...I am now scared to sleep in hotel/dorm rooms even more now. XD Especially since the "hotel" I stay at for one con are dorms in the summer.

Even when I moved for college, I went and saw the dorm rooms and was like "No! I need my own bed" cause they had like these nasty, cheap yellow matresses in them that have probably been there a good twenty years or more. O.O Luckily I didn't have to stay in them.
Saturday- Female Alto Saotome / Leo (Dance- Meiko/Sheryl Nome)
Sunday- Daenerys / Elie

http://o0ladyashe0o.deviantart.com/
~ashe~ffxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #48
Pocketfightr
Merc who grants wishes

Ugh, I am so glad my roommates for cons haven't fooled around in the hotel room... that I'm aware of. Better off not knowing.

Normally if I'm in the room, I'm sleeping, eating, changing out of cosplay or helping others with their cosplay. At night after I've retreated to the room, its usually shower, maybe listen to music I'm waiting on others for some reason and then fall asleep. I've tried playing games on my laptop but I haven't had too many hotels with free Wiifii in the room and the particular game I wanted to play required Steam.
Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) -eventually?

2014 Cons:
Detour
Acen
Dragon*Con
Nebraskon
Pocketfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #49
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Finn View Post
Note to anybody ever in the history of anything... please don't have sex in the room when you think your friends are sleeping. They are always awake and they will HATE YOU FOR IT.

I wouldn't mind being asked to step out for an hour or two, it's quite understandable. Being woken up by angry sex noises and smells however, is not. Traumatized forever.
Oh god that sounds awful. At worst Ive walked in on a con rookies getting down without warning, and while I didn't mind that she did it, I was peeved at being sexiled from the room that I booked in my name, that she stayed in at minimal cost because I'm generous to good friends, at 2am when I was drunk as skunk and just wanted to lie down.

Everyone learn from our mistakes. Lay out any boundaries you have before getting to the room. And then feel free to chew out anyone who doesn't respect them.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #50
kAZbear

To the overseas cons I shall be bringing my PSP and DS with me to play of a night after the con, assuming I don't make friends and go out with them at night. Local cons on the other hand, I just bludge around in the hotel room annoying my roommates > But then they got their revenge by keeping me up with their snoring TT.TT

Costumes in progress

Ness (Earthbound)
Iwamine Shuu (Hatoful Boyfriend)
kAZbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #51
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Passing time in the hotel? Well first off I take advantage of what the hotel has to offer. Well, if they offer it. I had one hotel room that claimed free wifi but we never got a signal and neither did anyone else on our floor. But mostly it's eat, bathe, sleep, and change. Though their is some goofing around with friends and the occasional room party (someone elses room). Boring and mundane I know, but if I paid for a convention I better enjoy it.

BTW if you have a room on a floor with a lot of off shooting hallways the greatest way to annoy everyone on your floor is to play ghost in the grave yard. No matter how quiet you may be the padder of feet, and supressed screams/giggles will wake people up.

I don't see how poeple can have roomates at a con and then go and do the nasty in that room. Most rooms I've stayed at were just simply to busy for any of that to happen.
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #52
Kyomi
SO ZETTA SLOW

Mahjong; we're that Asian.

Otherwise it's just chilling/gossiping with the people in the room with a couple drinks and/or food before the lineup for the shower.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #53
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
Mahjong; we're that Asian.

Otherwise it's just chilling/gossiping with the people in the room with a couple drinks and/or food before the lineup for the shower.
It's not only asians that play mahjong you know, but so had to find someone to play with.

Though forgot, in our room there is always at some point a random uno battle.
Unread 05-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #54
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

For Anime North that just ended? I was largely just in my room for changing, showering, droping things off and sleeping. Had one room party in someone else's room,and some browsing on the ipad on occasion.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
Kyomi
SO ZETTA SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
It's not only asians that play mahjong you know, but so had to find someone to play with.

Though forgot, in our room there is always at some point a random uno battle.
Oh, I know. It's just that all the people I know that were at the con and came over to play were Asian (except one!), albeit in different languages - we had the majority play in Chinese (though one of those players was Filipino), one in Japanese and one who just took tiles because we just taught him how to play.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #56
thecount

Hmm nothing lol usually im at the con to long well if i am doing something its eating or relaxing and looking through the goodies I scored : )
thecount is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #57
yellowkaiq
Man vs. Food

People drink at conventions? Do cosplayers actually go into bars dressed up, or is it more of a hotel room thing ?
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #58
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq View Post
People drink at conventions? Do cosplayers actually go into bars dressed up, or is it more of a hotel room thing ?

Yes poeple drink a conventons, and yes if the bar is in the hotel, and I would say it's more of a hotel room thing. Just in case, no, not everyone drinks responsibly at a convention.
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #59
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Sleep, veg out on the tv for a little, or change costumes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Finn View Post
Note to anybody ever in the history of anything... please don't have sex in the room when you think your friends are sleeping. They are always awake and they will HATE YOU FOR IT.

I wouldn't mind being asked to step out for an hour or two, it's quite understandable. Being woken up by angry sex noises and smells however, is not. Traumatized forever.
It's easier said than done except in stages of extreme sleep deprivation, I'd join in to make them stop. Luckily, I haven't been put in that position, in every sense of the word.
---
Planned Cosplay 2014 - Winged Armor Year: Tentative
Pegasus God Cloth - Silver [Saint Seiya]
ACen?: Sat?
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #60
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq View Post
Depends on the con. At sci fi cons room parties are part of the evening activities can either be public or private. Some people show up in costume others do not. The cons I attend tend to be more literary, so it's not uncommon for writers and aspiring writers to congregate at the bar to do business. They hit the parties after the hotel bar closes.

When I do get some free time at a con, I take a nap or read. Between the parties, fan table, and volunteering I pretty much have to carve out some alone time in the room each day. I find a 2 hr block turn off the phone and read or sleep.