Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Elaborate cosplay...those are fun! ...ok perhaps it's only me and Liana who are crazy about those xD
O.O
It's her wedding dress when she marries Seymour in FFX ^^
http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...ymour_1024.jpg
Crazy is good....

If I can get my hands on a lot of feathers... might try to do that one or make it similar... but I need straps because.... I don't trust strapless dresses... -.-
We shall see....

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly

Last edited by SuperBee : 05-29-2012 at 11:58 AM.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #17
Grimmjow99

Maybe going as Lightning again. Hopefully this time I can display my gunblade instead of keeping it in the case. it was like shattered into five different pieces at the end of the con so now I have to make a new one for next year.
Grimmjow99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

Even if you've never played many of the FF games it doesn't really matter. Anyone can portray anyone. Don't let anyone bring you down either. You're going to be awesome and when you're hanging with us and we have a huge group for a photo shoot and hundreds of people are asking to take you're picture it's not going to matter. In fact the smile on you're face won't leave.
LiquidArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@SuperBee: Oh goodess!! Don't you EVER quit just cause some people were being jerks to you!! D: I really like your Yuna cosplay! ... There will always be mean people out there, and haters. I even get them myself! Haters gonna hate... But don't let them get to you... for every 1 meanie you get there will always be 10 more people out there that will love your cosplay and back you up. Like us!~ Besides, most jerks say mean stuff either because they are jealous, or hurting inside.... or, they just are naturally plain old jerks that have a vocabulary smaller than a 3 year old child because they cannot even learn how to say nice things. Sad huh? Aren't you glad your mother taught you how to speak proper english, and you studied it in school? So yeah... don't let them get to you.... Because that is exactly what they want. Keep on cosplaying to show that you have thicker skin than them.

Ohh! that'd be epic if you made that wedding dress! I'm dying to make it too, and that pic is not helping my temptation lol. XD You can use invisible straps for the dress!~ I use them a lot for my cosplays, as I don't trust strapless dresses myself. XD

@LiquidArea: Amen!
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
MDA
Destiny Productions

@SuperBee : Hey, don't worry about X-2 being the only one you've played, I've really only played IX myself xD So don't let lack of playing stop you! Or those idiots who tell you their very rude opinions.

-In relation to about only playing one FF : Despite only playing IX, I've made Sephy, and am making CoD, Kefka, Rydia, and Ulty soon. And Bartz in two years-
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

Okay so as far as costumes goes, I've narrowed my choices down to Cloud from FF VII, Squall FF VIII, Snow FF XIII, Balthier FF XII, Tidus FF X or Vincent from FF VII but I'd have to get red contacts and normally I hate putting contacts in my eyes haha.
Unread 05-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

Alright I've decided. I will be going to AN 2013 as Cloud from FFVII, Squall from FFVIII and Snow from FFXIII

There ya go :P Means I have to make the buster sword and gunblade...(oh boy lol)
Should be lots of fun. Hopefully I get to see lots of my 7, 8 and 13 people lol.

As for what days I am doing them I have no idea. That will be determined later.
Unread 05-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #23
MDA
Destiny Productions

SQUALL~~~!!! Loving all the love for VIII 8D

I need to make sure to get the stretch velvet for Ultimecia... curse you velvet, I love you and I hate you xD
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Ok ok ok ok ..... I try the dress......

Might need help....

Although when I found the picture it said it was from something... um dissia?

-Giant Gastly
Unread 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #25
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

For those asking and those that need to know what I am doing when and where:

Friday: Cloud
Saturday: Squall
Sunday: Snow

There ya go :3 Figured since everyone's doing ff8 on saturday I should too xD
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #26
Liliana

@SuperBee: You most likely found a pic of the wedding dress from Dissidia Duodecim, which is Yuna's alternate outfit in the game.

@LiquidArea: I LOVE your cosplay choices!~ Especially Squall. Looks like Saturday is a big FF VIII day so far!
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@SuperBee: You most likely found a pic of the wedding dress from Dissidia Duodecim, which is Yuna's alternate outfit in the game.
Looks the same to me... minus the vale.....

Mark me down for that one. I will try it.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #28
Cyrennia
In ur FF, casting Protect

@SuperBee: Wow, I can't wait to see your take on Yuna's wedding outfit! I thought your Dark Mage was just beautiful! And the Nirvana is a tricky staff to take on, and it looked great!

I'm excited about next year (possibly joining on the FFVIII theme, thanks guys!) but not ready to cement my plans yet... 5 year olds change their minds, and they also grow a mile a minute, so I'll likely wait until Jan to know for sure what I'm making for her. At the moment she's completely smitten with HylianKnight's Zidane from the Sunday photoshoot. She's going around the house making me pretend to be a photographer who asks for her picture, and then she does a cool Zidane fighting pose. So we'll see!

On that note, is anyone interested in gathering a giant FFIV group? Just throwing ideas around. I'm also still intrigued by the idea of making Gau from FFVI.

One thing next year is I'm DEFINITELY going in the masquerade again. This year I opted out to explore the con, and I regret it like crazy. I missed going on stage so much! ;_;

Does anyone feel hopeful they'll announce FFXV next week at E3? I'm kind of hoping for some new chars!
Sunday: Princess Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron)
--
Author of INK, YA series set in Japan: www.AmandaSunBooks.com

Last edited by Cyrennia : 05-29-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Cyrennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrennia View Post
@SuperBee: Wow, I can't wait to see your take on Yuna's wedding outfit! I thought your Dark Mage was just beautiful! And the Nirvana is a tricky staff to take on, and it looked great!
Aww thanks so much That dark mage was a little tricky but I am so glad everyone liked it... well.... almost everyone....

This may sound funny but if I can take apart the cosplay in my head then I can make it. It doesn't seem that bad as I take it apart in different elements... certainly manageable.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
Liliana

@SuperBee: Yep! It is pretty much the same! That'll be really cool if you make it, not a lot of people make that pretty dress!~

@Cyrennia: Oh! me! me! me! I wanna do a FF IV group!!! It's one of my fav FF's!!! I'll be anyone too, but I'd mostly love to be either my Cecil cosplay or my Edward cosplay that I will be making for 2013 for Con-G.