Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #46
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Adding a new prize to the main post - we just heard from SteamPixie and they're donating $15 certificates for Best in Class Novice and Best in Class Journeyman. They specialize in masks and steampunk inspired jewelry and trinkets.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #47
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

wow, this con is loaded with prizes! so generous!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #48
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

And I just came back to update again - CostumeCon32 organizers decided to donate a Membership for Best in Show!

Crazy!

Also - This is MY LAST POST BEFORE THE CONVENTION. I'll just be *way* too busy with con duties and real life stuff that's happening at the same time to update. If you have any questions about the Masquerade while at the convention, drop by the Masq Office (Doubletree South Lobby Coat Check) and ask there - someone will likely know the answer.

See you all at the con!

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #49
AxelDemyxXigbar

This is the first year I've considered entering the Masquerade, and I'm slightly terrified. I want to enter in my Four Aces Dave Strider cosplay, but I'm not sure whether I would even qualify to be in Novice or if I should go with being in the Out of Competition segment... I bought a suit and modified it, a long with making the props, but I'm too afraid that this would be classified as bought and would be null(is that the right word to use?) if I entered in the Novice category.

Master: Say my name, Doctor. Doctor: Master... Master: I love it when you say my name.

-curls up in corner of darkness with Dennis the box- shhhh they'll never find us.... we're in darkness... they can't... won't find us..
AxelDemyxXigbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #50
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelDemyxXigbar View Post
This is the first year I've considered entering the Masquerade, and I'm slightly terrified. I want to enter in my Four Aces Dave Strider cosplay, but I'm not sure whether I would even qualify to be in Novice or if I should go with being in the Out of Competition segment... I bought a suit and modified it, a long with making the props, but I'm too afraid that this would be classified as bought and would be null(is that the right word to use?) if I entered in the Novice category.
I'm pretty sure your costume wouldn't qualify, but if you made all the props, you can go in with just having your props judged...
Unread 05-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #51
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Yes, ask at the masq desk to be sure, but it might be ok if you specify clearly that only the props are being judged.

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
shinigami714
Illustrator

Just curious, if anyone is still around....can you bring a friend with you into the green room if they aren't actually going on stage with you? To hang out, help you get ready, makeup touch-ups etc.
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #53
section8
Madness, I say

Yes, support staff are allowed (they have been in the past for me). They need to have Anime North passes though
section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #54
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'll apologies here as there was an error (or lack of check mark) for what category I was in on my sheet. I printed mine out so that it would be legible (I'm a horrible speller) so I just checked the file to see that it was indeed left that area blank.

I was so focused on the info, it slipped my mind and when I passed it in at the registration desk the man only skimmed the sheet as well as he was by himself and did not add anything to it or asked about it. Someone when sorting must has filled it in as Novice latter on.

So when I was waiting of for the Artisan judging just before 8pm I was sorely confused why my group name and number wasn't on the list but also thinking I might have goofed and put us down and Journeyman. It wasn't until we were on stage that I heard NOVICE! We were group 36 (Foxy Ladies) and we were slotted into the Novice category (to the horror of our den probably as I was tiring to reassure them that we were not in their class all night).

I feel bad because we won in Novice as well ... That's not fair to the other contestants and I'd rather have not won anything in my category instead if it would have been the case.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 05-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:32 AM   #55
UndeadHoneyCake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I'll apologies here as there was an error (or lack of check mark) for what category I was in on my sheet. I printed mine out so that it would be legible (I'm a horrible speller) so i just checked the file to see that it was indeed blank.

I was so focused on the info, is slipped my mind and when I passed it in at the registration desk the man only skimmed the sheet as well as he was by himself.

So when I was waiting of for the Artisan judging just before 8pm I was sorely confused why my group name and number wasn't on the list but also thinking I might have goofed and put us down and Journeyman. it wasn't until we were on stage that I heard NOVICE! We were group 36 (Foxy Ladies) and we were slotted into the Novice category (to the horror of our den as I was tiring to reassure them that we were not in their class all night probably).

I feel bad because we won in Novice as well ... That's not fair to the other contestants and I'd rather have not won anything in my category instead if it would have been the case.
do you know if there is anywhere online i can find the winner's? I just want to see who won

Cons and Cosplays

Anime North [x]

Rin (Vocaloid) Kimono Verison [x]
Sakura, (Tsubasa) Ball gown [x]
Shiro (Deadman Wonderland) [x]

ConBravo [x]
Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2) [ ]
Fuu Hououji (Magical Knights Rayearth) [ ]
Laila (Queens Blade) [ ]

UndeadHoneyCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #56
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I found out Sunday myself but they will post them latter on on here once the people running them gets organized after the craziness of the weekend (most of the staff are still at the DT today.)

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #57
UndeadHoneyCake

oh ok thank you so much, didn't know ^.^

Cons and Cosplays

Anime North [x]

Rin (Vocaloid) Kimono Verison [x]
Sakura, (Tsubasa) Ball gown [x]
Shiro (Deadman Wonderland) [x]

ConBravo [x]
Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2) [ ]
Fuu Hououji (Magical Knights Rayearth) [ ]
Laila (Queens Blade) [ ]

UndeadHoneyCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #58
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I'll apologies here as there was an error (or lack of check mark) for what category I was in on my sheet. I printed mine out so that it would be legible (I'm a horrible speller) so I just checked the file to see that it was indeed left that area blank.

I was so focused on the info, is slipped my mind and when I passed it in at the registration desk the man only skimmed the sheet as well as he was by himself and did not add anything to it or asked about it. Someonewhen sorting must has filled in in as Novice latter on.

So when I was waiting of for the Artisan judging just before 8pm I was sorely confused why my group name and number wasn't on the list but also thinking I might have goofed and put us down and Journeyman. it wasn't until we were on stage that I heard NOVICE! We were group 36 (Foxy Ladies) and we were slotted into the Novice category (to the horror of our den as I was tiring to reassure them that we were not in their class all night probably).

yeah, I remember you saying that, and then when I saw the list of awards on Sunday I was like... man they really judged them as Novice! Does anyone know if they can do anything about this? I mean, I was in Novice and I'm not trying to bump you up so I get something or anything, but it almost seems more unfair to YOU then anyone else... If you're Artisan, then you want your awards at that level...
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #59
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Awards listings are in the Official Anime North Forums here: http://teahouseofthemaplemoon.yuku.com/topic/4068

Ani_BEE I'll suspect it was simply a clerical error of some kind.
I'll have a look at your sheet tomorrow and let you know.

I don't think anybody would think you'd sandbag and I still maintain
your costumes were lovely on stage and awardable.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #60
section8
Madness, I say

Could contact info be provided for the photographer that took photos after each entry was onstage? We didn't receive a card from them, and are interested in getting some of the shots taken.

Thanks
section8 is offline   Reply With Quote