Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5258 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #18061
kikamontanez
Registered User
 
kikamontanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 101
Taking my first shot at this. I'm short (but I mean, who cares, right?) and I'm shaped kind of like an upside down ice cream cone or something. I'm thin, but I have wide hips and thighs so nothing bikini-esque please. I'm only looking for non-anime characters (Comic Con costume) so super heroes or something like that would be much appreciated. I'm willing to do wigs or female versions of a character, but no crossplay. My child-bearing hips forbid crossplay.

Pics (oh lord, I'm sweating already!)

me in general (no makeup): http://www.flickr.com/photos/4483391...in/photostream

me with makeup: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4483391...in/photostream and (my Drusilla cosplay) http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3086711/

me upclose (in 1/2 Claire Bennet attire, for your reassurance): http://www.flickr.com/photos/44833915@N03/7299368260/

me in swimwear (just so you have an idea of my body image): http://www.flickr.com/photos/4483391...in/photostream

Like I said, I'm looking for non-anime stuff, and anything comic book related or something that would be appropiate for Comic Con (and I know anime is, but I'm just not interested) Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39622_1492457026905_1098390107_1648057_7561246_n.jpg (29.5 KB, 0 views)
kikamontanez is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #18062
Binkky
Registered User
 
Binkky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by spifferniffer View Post
Binkky: I think you'd make an adorable Maka, from Soul Eater. Misa (Death Note) comes to mind, too.
Thanks! :]
Binkky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #18063
Rinkia
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by annatbee View Post
hi this is gonna be my first time cosplaying and was wondering if anyone could recommend anything
Eyes: dark brown
Height: around 5'10
Hair: currently red but willing to dye or wear wigs
will wear anything as long as it covers my stomach
http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMAG0002.jpg
Kagome Higurashi from Inuyasha, easy for beginner
Lucy Heartphilia from Fairy Tail
Rinkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #18064
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikamontanez View Post
Taking my first shot at this. I'm short (but I mean, who cares, right?) and I'm shaped kind of like an upside down ice cream cone or something. I'm thin, but I have wide hips and thighs so nothing bikini-esque please. I'm only looking for non-anime characters (Comic Con costume) so super heroes or something like that would be much appreciated. I'm willing to do wigs or female versions of a character, but no crossplay. My child-bearing hips forbid crossplay.

Pics (oh lord, I'm sweating already!)

me in general (no makeup): http://www.flickr.com/photos/4483391...in/photostream

me with makeup: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4483391...in/photostream and (my Drusilla cosplay) http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3086711/

me upclose (in 1/2 Claire Bennet attire, for your reassurance): http://www.flickr.com/photos/44833915@N03/7299368260/

me in swimwear (just so you have an idea of my body image): http://www.flickr.com/photos/4483391...in/photostream

Like I said, I'm looking for non-anime stuff, and anything comic book related or something that would be appropiate for Comic Con (and I know anime is, but I'm just not interested) Thanks!
You could go as black widow, oh and maybe enchantress! I haven't seen one at comic-con at all
__________________

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #18065
Lydialulu
lydialulu
 
Lydialulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 807
@annatbee: i think youd make a lovely madam red from kuroshitsuji, saber from fate stay night, or rinslet from black cat

@ midna phobia:
Id love to see you as suki from avatar the last airbender, or milfeulle from galaxy angel!
__________________
Inoue Orihime (Heuco Mundo)

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?


Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #18066
Lydialulu
lydialulu
 
Lydialulu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 807
Here i go
16
5'3
110
Green eyes, light brown hair
wigs yes, contacts no
I love happier or sweeter characters but dont mind the more serious either.

Pic on my profile/ forum avatar
Thank you!
__________________
Inoue Orihime (Heuco Mundo)

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?


Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #18067
annatbee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydialulu View Post
Here i go
16
5'3
110
Green eyes, light brown hair
wigs yes, contacts no
I love happier or sweeter characters but dont mind the more serious either.

Pic on my profile/ forum avatar
Thank you!
hey you look like you would be perfect for sakura from cardcaptor sakura or tsubasa resevoir chronicles
annatbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #18068
noblecrow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Guess I'm not really suited for cosplay then. :/
noblecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #18069
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblecrow View Post
Guess I'm not really suited for cosplay then. :/
Nonsense. I'll figure out someone for you in a bit.
__________________

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #18070
Barbapappa
Ppeogigayo.
 
Barbapappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Age: 18
Height: ~168 cm
Eyes: Green/grey-ish
Hair: Long, black, naturally wavy.

Pic here: http://alexdesu.blogg.se/images/2012..._204659621.jpg

I don't want to crossplay, but I don't mind wearing wigs. ^^
Thanks for helping ~
Barbapappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #18071
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbapappa View Post
Age: 18
Height: ~168 cm
Eyes: Green/grey-ish
Hair: Long, black, naturally wavy.

Pic here: http://alexdesu.blogg.se/images/2012..._204659621.jpg

I don't want to crossplay, but I don't mind wearing wigs. ^^
Thanks for helping ~
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/t...Q/Morte011.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/t...Q/Morte011.jpg
http://www.animecharactersdatabase.c...er.php?id=9968
http://www.animecharactersdatabase.c...r.php?id=19724
__________________

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #18072
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblecrow View Post
Guess I'm not really suited for cosplay then. :/

http://www.animecharactersdatabase.c...er.php?id=9970
http://www.animecharactersdatabase.c...er.php?id=8755
__________________

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #18073
spifferniffer
avoiding important things
 
spifferniffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbapappa View Post
Age: 18
Height: ~168 cm
Eyes: Green/grey-ish
Hair: Long, black, naturally wavy.

Pic here: http://alexdesu.blogg.se/images/2012..._204659621.jpg

I don't want to crossplay, but I don't mind wearing wigs. ^^
Thanks for helping ~
Dear lord, your hair is gorgeous.
How about Lust from FMA? Or Asami (Korra), Lulu (Final Fantasy X), Yuko (xxxHolic)
__________________
oh god i'm back
spifferniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #18074
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face
 
LinkPwnsGanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8,923
Any suggestions? Willing to wear wigs and crossplay (if I can :P)
I have medium dark brown/black hair. Brown eyes. I'm 5'6. I wear glasses but I can take them off for pictures and stuff. I will try to get prescription contacts.
__________________

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #18075
Naiya-sama
Auth
 
Naiya-sama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblecrow View Post
Guess I'm not really suited for cosplay then. :/

Sorry yours was supposed to be on the last set of suggestions I posted
I think you could pull off a good Germany or Russia from Hetalia
__________________
AnimeNEXT 2013

WIPS
Pokemon Gen 6 Trainer
Emmy Altava (Professor Layton)
Fionna(maybe)(AT)
Naiya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.