Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

View Poll Results: Which day(s) are you planning to attend the photoshoot? (can chose more than one)
Friday 12 36.36%
Saturday 29 87.88%
Sunday 12 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #46
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Ahhh now I don't know... do I want to use feathers or not.... gah...

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #47
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

Sounds like we're going to have some great FF cosplays and some great photo shoots. Can't wait
LiquidArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #48
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Can't bring anything big next year, will be traveling a lot~ Though I want to bring a little love to Crystal Chronicles, and all it's quirks. XD I'll be cosplaying a Clavat, and my friend will be a Selkie (she was the other Kuja this year~ ) Not sure which days yet, but count us in!

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #49
killaflip

Hey guys I was wondering if I could host the ffphotoshoot maybe on saturday or whatever is free. I might be cosplaying as gladiolus with a ffv13 group again if the game comes out by then (unlikely lol...still praying). Otherwise I will be berserker from fate zero. Can I still host it even though I'm wearing another costume? Gotta warn u guys though I'm quite sketchy and slightly unconventional for photo/vid poses.
killaflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #50
Nefer
Silver fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaflip View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if I could host the ffphotoshoot maybe on saturday or whatever is free. I might be cosplaying as gladiolus with a ffv13 group again if the game comes out by then (unlikely lol...still praying). Otherwise I will be berserker from fate zero. Can I still host it even though I'm wearing another costume? Gotta warn u guys though I'm quite sketchy and slightly unconventional for photo/vid poses.
Sounds good, and it doesn't matter what cosplay you'll be wearing ^^ As long as you don't mind co-hosts, because it probably was the best idea we had for the 2012 one, it helps a LOT in case someone can't come in time and more importantly with pose ideas. I know MDA wanted to help with the hosting saturday, and Liliana offered her help since her and I knows pretty much all FF (well some I never played and vice versa, but we know most of them including the older ones). So ya, if you don't mind having those two helping you out I can put you down as the saturday host ^_^ I may need your email etc later on (in 2013) to send to DireKitty when the photoshoots reserving starts, but otherwise it should be perfectly fine

...and now to update the list again xD ...and to resist making a CERTAIN character before we're 100% sure we can do it *looks at Liliana*

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #51
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianKnight View Post
Can't bring anything big next year, will be traveling a lot~ Though I want to bring a little love to Crystal Chronicles, and all it's quirks. XD I'll be cosplaying a Clavat, and my friend will be a Selkie (she was the other Kuja this year~ ) Not sure which days yet, but count us in!
Crystal Chronicles~!!!! *finally got to reading up on the other FFs (aka like Crystal Chronicles and Tactics)* You'd make a great Clavat

Quote:
Originally Posted by killaflip View Post
*instantly notices mention of Fate/Zero Berserker* You'd have a happy fangirl if you made that (as in I'm in love with Fate/) If you do host for Saturday you'll have me and Liliana helping out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
Sounds good, and it doesn't matter what cosplay you'll be wearing ^^ As long as you don't mind co-hosts, because it probably was the best idea we had for the 2012 one, it helps a LOT in case someone can't come in time and more importantly with pose ideas. I know MDA wanted to help with the hosting saturday, and Liliana offered her help since her and I knows pretty much all FF (well some I never played and vice versa, but we know most of them including the older ones). So ya, if you don't mind having those two helping you out I can put you down as the saturday host ^_^ I may need your email etc later on (in 2013) to send to DireKitty when the photoshoots reserving starts, but otherwise it should be perfectly fine

...and now to update the list again xD ...and to resist making a CERTAIN character before we're 100% sure we can do it *looks at Liliana*
I love helping to host I do have a lot of pose ideas bouncing around in my head, not sure if I should mention them or not atm since they're still a bit rough - and most of them are for VI, VIII, and IX. God I can't stop loving IX x3 And yet I'm not cosplaying it next year... unless I make Beatrix or Ruby for the summer...
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #52
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

I'll do whatever pose someone wants me to do, I mean frankly I treat it like acting and it'll be a lot of fun. Just nothing to crazy, I mean its one thing for several of us to hold a pose or make a face, its another to be in an uncomfortable position while people take pictures. :P But yeah should be fun :3 or as Squall would say "Whatever."
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #53
killaflip

Quote:

kool, I don't mind co-hosting. just let me know when you want the info. We'll discuss our ideas for poses and stuff in the near future, to make sure ideas don't crash on one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post

*instantly notices mention of Fate/Zero Berserker* You'd have a happy fangirl if you made that (as in I'm in love with Fate/) If you do host for Saturday you'll have me and Liliana helping out.

I love helping to host I do have a lot of pose ideas bouncing around in my head, not sure if I should mention them or not atm since they're still a bit rough - and most of them are for VI, VIII, and IX. God I can't stop loving IX x3 And yet I'm not cosplaying it next year... unless I make Beatrix or Ruby for the summer...
haha I'll try my best to make that gruesomely cool but a pain to make armor. I'll be happy to work with you two. Let's discuss our ideas in the near future maybe in skype or something perhaps.
killaflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #54
MDA
Destiny Productions

So I have some ideas for poses:

All FFs:
Heroes VS Villains (can be done for each individual game, or all the games combined like in 2011 Sunday)
Family
Battle poses

VIII specifically:
The three sorceresses (Nefer, you shoulda figured this one was coming xD)
Adel and Rinoa
Seifer and Edea
Ultimecia VS Squall specifically
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #55
LiquidArea
Gamer Extrordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
So I have some ideas for poses:

All FFs:
Heroes VS Villains (can be done for each individual game, or all the games combined like in 2011 Sunday)
Family
Battle poses

VIII specifically:
The three sorceresses (Nefer, you shoulda figured this one was coming xD)
Adel and Rinoa
Seifer and Edea
Ultimecia VS Squall specifically
I love those pose ideas. I'd love to have Seifer and Squall face off in a pose as well. Like in the intro when they are fighting each other, causing each other to have their faces cut up :P

Of course, if we had Rinoa or a Tifa or even an Aerith, I could do a romantic hold or a couple pose as Cloud or Squall. Lol.

I can't wait to do some poses with you guys though and make new friends and of course have all the fan girls squeeing at my costume ^_~
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #56
Nefer
Silver fox

There posing ideas added. I've added the general ones from the old thread first then the specific ones you guys asked (pretty much ff8 as the other ones were already listed in the old thread).

@killaflip: More than likely just in 2013, since the photoshoots location reserving only start nearer AN, and people will be more sure about what they'll do by then anyway, plans tend to change a lot throughout the year so ^^;.

@SuperBee: Featherssss O.O Perhaps you can mix it? Like use feathers on the top layer but foam on the bottom one? Will cost less that way, and less danger for the feathers to unglue since you'll be able to glue part of them on the foam for extra security

Otherwise, if we get some more FF cosplayers from the older games and we have so far only one princess (Garnet), what about all the older FF 'warriors of light' protecting the princess? Older FF need more love afterall, and they're pretty much all set in the 'medieval type' theme with queens, kings etc background so ^^

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #57
Fallen Sephiros
Sephiroth Fanboy

So I have one Final Fantasy cosplay confirmed for next year. Day? Not sure at the moment.

My wife and I will be paying tribute to the game that started it for us. The ORIGINAL Final Fantasy.
So I will be making a Red Mage for myself, and she will be a White Mage. Our daughter we might dress up as baby Princess Serah.

Con-G, Anime Detour, Anime Boston, and Anime North were awesome! Ad-Astra is iffy...

*Cutting back on cons for 2012 to have more proper family time*
Fallen Sephiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #58
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
@SuperBee: Featherssss O.O Perhaps you can mix it? Like use feathers on the top layer but foam on the bottom one? Will cost less that way, and less danger for the feathers to unglue since you'll be able to glue part of them on the foam for extra security
I'm now thinking of doing a mix of foam and felt.... Though I don't trust foam entirely... it can tear easily from my experience.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #59
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

If I do end up going next year, I can't really see myself making a new cosplay after 2012's binge that I need to make, so if anything I'll be wearing Noel and I do plan on revamping Fang after that lance disaster this year and my sari is worn out.

I have no promises, I know how I am.

Commander Shepard (ME3 - Sentinel) Progress:80%
Commander Shepard (ME - Infiltrator) Progress:15%

Shouri no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #60
chexlleim
I am CANADIAN!

Possibly Kain and a Rosa from FF 4.

chexlleim is offline   Reply With Quote