Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 06-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #196
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
Love this idea!
Is there also any way possible to maybe have at least 1 table of water outside??
Noted I'll bring it up.

They should be able to get the TCC to do that. Or the TCC can sell cold water bottles outside. Or maybe Dr. Pepper can show up.

Hell, maybe i can get Nestle waters to show up, i live right by the damn place. They owe me for taking all the ground water here!

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #197
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Noted I'll bring it up.

They should be able to get the TCC to do that. Or the TCC can sell cold water bottles outside. Or maybe Dr. Pepper can show up.

Hell, maybe i can get Nestle waters to show up, i live right by the damn place. They owe me for taking all the ground water here!
there were selling cold water bottles, but you had to go to them... perhaps they should walk up and down the lines...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #198
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
there were selling cold water bottles, but you had to go to them... perhaps they should walk up and down the lines...
That would be better. Especially with how convoluted the line ended up on Friday.

Unread 06-02-2012, 02:18 AM   #199
iXeres
Travelling Boobward.

*reads the entire topic*

Alright! Nothing wrong with the Sheraton, then? I'll just pat myself on the back and be on my way, then.

I will make one complaint, though. On Saturday, I drove to the TCC and noticed that the handicapped parking spaces were chained off, and I was told I would have to park at the back. That is not legal, and had I been in a litigious mood, I could have had the TCC fined for breaking the Accessibility Act. The TCC staff member I spoke to didn't seem to care about the violation, and it was rather frustrating.
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #200
tatsumi_kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attentea View Post
I found the panels to be really great this year. I did appreciate how the panel staff in the hallway were keeping everything very orderly, but at the same time that came back to bite me when I was denied a seat in a panel I really wanted to attend because I didn't realize there was already a line up for it. The panels definitely need bigger rooms. There were so many I wanted to go to but couldn't get it because I attended a different panel right before it and the line was already full for the next one.

Also, on the topics of panels, this one panelist, Michelle, who did both the Kingdom Hearts panel and the Legend of Zelda panel on saturday (dressed as link), she was AMAZING! I only wish I wrote down what her full name was (she mentioned it) because I'd love to find her on facebook talk to her more about KH and zelda stuff. If she's doing any panels next year I will be there.
wow thanks a bunch for the kind words about my panels. (this is Michelle) if you would like to talk find me on fb by searching michirure kage or Michelle Flannigan.
tatsumi_kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #201
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by iXeres View Post
*reads the entire topic*

Alright! Nothing wrong with the Sheraton, then? I'll just pat myself on the back and be on my way, then.

I will make one complaint, though. On Saturday, I drove to the TCC and noticed that the handicapped parking spaces were chained off, and I was told I would have to park at the back. That is not legal, and had I been in a litigious mood, I could have had the TCC fined for breaking the Accessibility Act. The TCC staff member I spoke to didn't seem to care about the violation, and it was rather frustrating.
Sheraton is always a pretty good hotel.

As for the parking, there always was handicapped parking next to the ummmm... well the entrance for registration/dealers room etc last year. They also had a 'waiting zone' for people picking up/dropping off. What spot exactly was chained off?

Unread 06-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #202
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

The photo shoot locations should be better. In the shoots that I took pictures of some of the shoots and the backgrounds are AWFUL! There are cars and people in the background just awful. And there should be a legit Photographer taking care of the locations so they know what photographers are going through with the backgrounds of the photo shoots.

Just a thought.

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #203
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiilove View Post
The photo shoot locations should be better. In the shoots that I took pictures of some of the shoots and the backgrounds are AWFUL! There are cars and people in the background just awful. And there should be a legit Photographer taking care of the locations so they know what photographers are going through with the backgrounds of the photo shoots.

Just a thought.
You still haven't managed to come up with anything useful to contribute.

"Photoshoot locations should be better" is a useless statement. Absolutely useless. Try actually contributing something to the discussion such as "I found a location here that should work better." - so people can actually discuss it. Or is that too much work for you?

Just a thought.

Unread 06-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #204
thychi

Suggestion: Cosplay workstation/repair room

It would just be a room with a few tables/ chairs/ mirrors with available sockets for hot glue guns/ etc. It would be up to the cosplayer to bring all supplies. The washroom layouts for the TCC and Doubletree pretty much seem to be, a small outer room (for the TCC a corner like area) and the main washrooms themselves. Especially for Saturday, the TCC and Doubletree washrooms had cosplayers practically filling up the entire outer room with cosplay supplies either doing last minute sewing or repairs.

I don't know about others but when wearing bulky costumes (ie hoop skirts) I like to remove them in the outer room temporarily so I can use the washroom stalls. There was no room for this with all the cosplay supplies set up everywhere.
thychi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #205
Rock nam Lee
Saiyan Photographer

Quote:
You still haven't managed to come up with anything useful to contribute.

"Photoshoot locations should be better" is a useless statement. Absolutely useless. Try actually contributing something to the discussion such as "I found a location here that should work better." - so people can actually discuss it. Or is that too much work for you?

Just a thought.
I think we should all carry giant green fabric rolls so we can easily edit out the background ; )
Or just lenses at 1.4 aperture to really blur out the background, but also frame that there's only grass/trees in the background!

It honestly is challenging to get group shots at AN, hence why I try to do individual shots instead. If you're going to do group shots, you need to prepare for it in whatever way you the photographer/cosplayer think necessary, don't expect other people to figure out your problems for you unfortunately.
Rock nam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #206
mokulen22
The Ducktape Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by thychi View Post
Suggestion: Cosplay workstation/repair room

It would just be a room with a few tables/ chairs/ mirrors with available sockets for hot glue guns/ etc. It would be up to the cosplayer to bring all supplies. The washroom layouts for the TCC and Doubletree pretty much seem to be, a small outer room (for the TCC a corner like area) and the main washrooms themselves. Especially for Saturday, the TCC and Doubletree washrooms had cosplayers practically filling up the entire outer room with cosplay supplies either doing last minute sewing or repairs.

I don't know about others but when wearing bulky costumes (ie hoop skirts) I like to remove them in the outer room temporarily so I can use the washroom stalls. There was no room for this with all the cosplay supplies set up everywhere.
I thought they did have this. It was in the Double Tree.
Unread 06-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #207
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock nam Lee View Post
I think we should all carry giant green fabric rolls so we can easily edit out the background ; )
Or just lenses at 1.4 aperture to really blur out the background, but also frame that there's only grass/trees in the background!

It honestly is challenging to get group shots at AN, hence why I try to do individual shots instead. If you're going to do group shots, you need to prepare for it in whatever way you the photographer/cosplayer think necessary, don't expect other people to figure out your problems for you unfortunately.
It's all about the bokeh and clever realistic editing. Yeah I got mad skillz yo.
Do you ever do private photoshoots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokulen22 View Post
I thought they did have this. It was in the Double Tree.
Was that the one in the green room?

Unread 06-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #208
Rock nam Lee
Saiyan Photographer

Quote:
It's all about the bokeh and clever realistic editing. Yeah I got mad skillz yo.
Do you ever do private photoshoots?

Was that the one in the green room?
I'm open to, yah mon!
Rock nam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #209
Nagii
Number Eleven

I just remembered. AN needs to have designated SMOKING zones. Because I didn't like getting second hand smoke while I'm waiting in line, or when at the doors walking inside, or watching events outside. People just didn't have the common curtsey to butt out around other people.

Friday: Chromia
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday:

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Chromia
Fan Expo - Duchess Swan
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #210
rosie44442003
Just call me Rosie

I read in the program guild that there were designated smoking areas but they were not shown or marked anywhere at least that I could see maybe if they were included on the map? It could show photoshoot spots and smoking spots.
Saturday-Leafa from Sword Art Online
Sunday-More Steampunk
rosie44442003 is offline   Reply With Quote