Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 06-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #46
Viveeh
necrocarnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hee-Hee View Post
This this this.

I work hard to be super organized in my albums, but it's so difficult to GET to albums now. And the images you see when clicking another aren't from the same album, they're just in order that they've been uploaded. This makes all the trouble of organizing things pointless, because most users aren't going to want to go through the trouble of clicking over and over to get to your different galleries. Just a Photo Albums link on the main profiles page would be a big help! I'd hate to try and look at one particular costume by browsing through pages and pages on All Photos!
Amen. I hope they change this.

I wonder what's up though, the update is two weeks late?
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #47
anime_wench

What's up with the featured photoshoots??? Are those not being updated anymore???
Wendy from Peter Pan
Kagome from Inuyasha

anime_wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #48
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
This this this.

I work hard to be super organized in my albums, but it's so difficult to GET to albums now. And the images you see when clicking another aren't from the same album, they're just in order that they've been uploaded. This makes all the trouble of organizing things pointless, because most users aren't going to want to go through the trouble of clicking over and over to get to your different galleries. Just a Photo Albums link on the main profiles page would be a big help! I'd hate to try and look at one particular costume by browsing through pages and pages on All Photos!
Click any of your photos. See the description in the box at the right column of the website and choose "gallery" from the character (you have the album there). Now you're in the gallery you selected and you can access the other galleries you've done in the right column.

Another option: go to photos, album administration and bam, you have all the galleries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_wench View Post
What's up with the featured photoshoots??? Are those not being updated anymore???
I suppose nobody has uploaded a new one that has received approval then? The last one can be seen here http://www.cosplay.com/shoots/

Last edited by RydiaValentine : 06-06-2012 at 12:28 PM.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #49
PuyoDa
killer of tofu

We've already mentioned that we know how to get to the gallery list, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get to, and it may not be obvious to people who visit our profile page.

For example, I see that several users went to the same con I did. I want to see if they have a gallery for it. Does it really make sense that for every profile I visit, I have to click on Photos, then a random photo, then click on that gallery, before I can access their full gallery list? I'd really like to see that full Gallery list on the side of the All Photos view. That way, it's easy to access and can be seen quickly.
PuyoDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #50
soren7550
Overly proud New Yorker

How come we can't upload bigger photos? Why couldn't that have been a change implemented in the site redesign? It's quite annoying when I have to first upload a picture I want to put up here on Photobucket in order to shrink it so that I can put it here.
"A philosopher will ask that if a tree were to fall in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, would it still make a sound. A smart person would ask why the presence of a person determines whether or not a tree makes a sound as it falls." - Soren Alenko

Cosplays for NYCC 2012!:
Commander Shepard (N7 Hoodie) - 95% Completed
Dovahkinn (Novice Robes) - 95% Completed
Ethan/Gold (HeartGold/SoulSilver) - 85% Completed
soren7550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #51
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydiaValentine View Post
Click any of your photos. See the description in the box at the right column of the website and choose "gallery" ...
Thanks very much! But like PuyoDa said, I do know the long way around to get to galleries, but it's just not the same. Seeing a text list of the galleries is far different than seeing thumbnails, in my opinion, as the latter always caught the user's interest and promoted browsing. Frankly I don't even like looking through my own galleries with this other way!

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #52
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Thanks very much! But like PuyoDa said, I do know the long way around to get to galleries, but it's just not the same. Seeing a text list of the galleries is far different than seeing thumbnails, in my opinion, as the latter always caught the user's interest and promoted browsing. Frankly I don't even like looking through my own galleries with this other way!
That's exactly how I feel about the new gallery layout! I used to just browse through mine to see if some of the pictures I really liked got any more views, but now I have to actually click the picture to see if that happened, which makes it just so tedious and not as appealing.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #53
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I don't know if it's been said before, but it bothers me that when I'm on someone's profile or looking at pictures, any lowercase I's (i) in the title of the gallery or costume on the sidebar on the right look like uppercase I's or lowercase L's because the dot is too close to the rest of the I.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #54
+.-.uzuki.-.+
my counter is messed up

when will the REPLACING PHOTOS function be up again? the update messed a lot of my replaced photos up (old photos showing up instead of the replaced) so i would like to fix it.
+.-.uzuki.-.+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #55
touchmon
Make All The Things!

When I uploaded a few of my pictures for my Ayane cosplay, they appear as blank on my profile and such. Is there a way to fix this? Never mind. When I checked again, the pics magically appeared.

Also, when I upload pics, I have to upload them one at a time otherwise they won't work. This will be updated at some point right?

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by touchmon : 06-11-2012 at 10:17 AM.
touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #56
Gwydion
Cardboard is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuyoDa View Post
We've already mentioned that we know how to get to the gallery list, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get to, and it may not be obvious to people who visit our profile page.

For example, I see that several users went to the same con I did. I want to see if they have a gallery for it. Does it really make sense that for every profile I visit, I have to click on Photos, then a random photo, then click on that gallery, before I can access their full gallery list? I'd really like to see that full Gallery list on the side of the All Photos view. That way, it's easy to access and can be seen quickly.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
That's exactly how I feel about the new gallery layout! I used to just browse through mine to see if some of the pictures I really liked got any more views, but now I have to actually click the picture to see if that happened, which makes it just so tedious and not as appealing.
Ditto all of this. I really liked being able to quickly and easily navigate the albums, as well as see the info at the bottom of the thumbnail. It seems odd to have albums when it's so difficult to even find them - at first I thought they had gotten rid of albums altogether! I hope this is something that can be addressed.
Prince Alexander, King's Quest VI - 75% done
Gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #57
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Is the 800 KB cap per image upload REALLY 800 KB or something a lot lower? Because I've downsized photos to half that and it produced a lot of loading errors.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #58
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

The thumbnails on the costume page do not match replacement photos. For example, the fifth image on this costume page (http://www.cosplay.com/costume/372556/) does not match the photo that appears once it's clicked (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2937629/).

Here is the thumbnail that is shown: http://thumb.cosplay.com/167961/2937629.jpg
Here is the photo that shows up: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2937629/

I'd really like the thumbnail to match the replacement image - that's why I replaced the photo in the first place... it's much better! Can this be looked into? Thanks!

EDIT: Ugh. I just deleted it and re-uploaded the correct photo. Frustrating, but it gets the job done, I guess. Please disregard this post.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE

Last edited by Karitsa : 07-10-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #59
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Quote:
Is the gallery view we had before gone? I know that I can get to a gallery by clicking on a photo, then the gallery link, then see the gallery list on the right side, but it's very inconvenient =/ It'd be nice if the gallery list was next to the All Photos view too.

(I do like the new look of the photo pages though )
Quote:
This this this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viveeh View Post
Amen. I hope they change this.

I wonder what's up though, the update is two weeks late?
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
Ditto all of this. I really liked being able to quickly and easily navigate the albums, as well as see the info at the bottom of the thumbnail. It seems odd to have albums when it's so difficult to even find them - at first I thought they had gotten rid of albums altogether! I hope this is something that can be addressed.
These. So much.

If it wouldn't be such a pain in the patoot to have to re-upload everything to another site, I would. And if I wasn't so "established" here, I'd just upload all my "new" (read: yet-to-be uploaded pics of varying ages) elsewhere, too.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #60
natsuo
Wonderflexing

I tried to change my icon for one of my costumes and it will not change, no matter how many times I tried.

Can an admin fix this for me please?
natsuo is offline   Reply With Quote