Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 116 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #31
msgwyn

OMG, detachable hidden blade!!!!!!!!
msgwyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #32
Trujin

Or is it? It could be just turn-able .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srdDvrLhpdE
Trujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #33
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

He holds it in too many different angles for it to be still attached.
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #34
fev
swirls while I swirl.

100% detachable!.. waiting for magnet shipment!

[size="1"]
| Facebook | Prop blog | Prop site
fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #35
Sonikdude750
Sound-Resonance

Seriously Fev. you're starting the new blade already?! It's gonna be the tomahawk all over again. XD

So the site downtown prevented me from posting anything from what I got finished of my Connor and premiered at ACen two weeks ago. There're a few things still missing like the front sash, arm bands and detailing for the quiver and other areas, but for the most part it's done. I've uploaded a lot of pictures of it from the con here, you can check it out so I don't spam this thread with a ton of pics. But here's a few I feel are worth sharing:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/423762/

And while Fevs will always blow everyones out of the water, I made a tutorial on how I made my tomahawk if anyones interested. As always any critique and tips on anything here is greatly appreciated.
http://sound-resonance.deviantart.com/#/d4y8six
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #36
spin360

ok, seems like my first post appeared after 2 days... post below.

Last edited by spin360 : 05-17-2012 at 02:17 PM.
spin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
spin360

Everything I post disappears! (test)

edit:
yeah of course it works when its a test -.-

What I wrote (several times):

Ok, I've been working hard on my costume, and made some progress.
I got some leather and started with the gauntlet, as I thought, it might be the most difficult part due to material and production. Well, I couldn't finish it completely yet, but as I was working with leather I thought "Hey, I'm gonna make the belt too!". And I did it.
The End.

You can see it in my gallery, you can even look at it, till your eyes fall off, I, however, don't recommend that. Don't try it at home. Do it in public.

PS: deviantART-gallery

Last edited by spin360 : 05-14-2012 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Prevent the need of another post
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #38
asthompson
僕のク&

I'm trying to figure out the bow thing for cons that don't allow strung bows. Anyone got any ideas for making a fake bow that couldn't fire and would maintain a "bow" shape?

Sakura Con 2014:
Edward Kenway - Assassin's Creed 4
R - Warm Bodies
Castiel - Supernatural

www.lastoryx.com (No IE)
asthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #39
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Oh wow. I love Connor's design, and while I don't have any intentions of making this costume yet (though, I feel like a friend of mine may want my sewing help..he loves Connor and the concept as AC3 even more than me), I love this thread, and I love, love how the OP is keeping historical accuracy in mine (well, as much as one can). Haven't read through all these posts, so forgive me if I'm repeating any info!

1. Do absolutely make a shirt to wear underneath. Yes, a white tee is better than nothing, but most knits can't wick away sweat and heat like a good woven fabric. They wore many layers and lots of wool, back in the day, even in the summer, and they had no AC. Yet, they did not piss and moan, at least not more than we do! Basically, a plant fiber layer close to your skin pulls the moisture away from you--plant cells have evolved to do this. Linen is best, bust cheap ass muslin in fine if you're on a tight budget. The idea is something made with natural fibers that you can throw in the washing machine--it'll protect your outer layers from your BO so care will be easier. here's instructions for an easy to sew (though the math is tricky) and very period correct 18th c men's shirt

2. fabrics-store.com is probably the best place to go for linen. I've bought a lot of linen from a lot of places, and this is the best bang for your buck. Keep an eye on the sales, and, sometimes you might be luck enough to get a card with a coupon code tucked in with your order invoice...Nice!

3. Wool will always be cooler than synthetics. If you can't afford wool, try to make a cotton or linen work. A costume like this requires layers, You will MELT if any of these layers are polyester!

4. Still think wool's out of your budget? Don't give up yet! If ordering online is your only economical option, get the minimum order first. Admittedly yes, 20$/yd is a decent price for wool, and the absolute best you can hope for is usually 10$/yd, but personally, I feel the cost is worth it. Wool does things other fibers cannot, and I firmly believe there is no substitute. Of course, it's your call. Before giving up on wool, I recommend getting in touch with your local International Costuming Guild branch and asking if anyone has any leftover wool in their stash (at least at NoEL we had lots of people wanted to get rid of stash!), in which case they'll probably sell for cheap, or ask if there's a mill nearby where you can get "mill ends" for stupidly cheap.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #40
ztech123

I think Altair's dress can be modified, i.e. painted to make it look like connor's ?
ztech123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #41
msgwyn

Ok...

I think I have officially put Connor on hold in favor of Aveline de Grandpré....

I need pictures and stuff, like NOW
msgwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #42
Opacus02

Double hidden blades, double pistols, blowpipe, machete, she's bad-ass. Now imagine doing it in the red dress! (0:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPVh3...hannel&list=UL)

Weapons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6sRU...=ULF2i-dRkPtQA
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #43
spin360

oh yeah, she is extremely cool too. Would like to see her as cosplay ;-)
Unread 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #44
Opacus02

Here are my armbands for Connor. In order to get the offset rows I decided to go with a standard multi kandi pattern because all the traditional beading patterns seem to give straight rows. I used 7mm plastic pony beads and stretch magic elastic cord. They came out slightly wider than I was hoping (but I don't really want to redo them so I'll live with it) so learn from my experience and use 5mm or smaller beads. I'll be applying them to a cloth backing once I get sleeve circumference down for my coat.

Pattern I created at kandipatterns.com - I repeated this pattern once to reach my desired length

Youtube video on how to do multis and read the above kandi pattern
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQpoBbE4lCo
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #45
adorablyfreaky

This helped a TON! I started on my Connor cosplay the second I could get a decent picture of him. Iv got almost everything done minus the regimental coat. I hope to be done soon, so I can say I completed Altair, Ezio, and Connor cosplays! SO EXITED
adorablyfreaky is offline   Reply With Quote