Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
MoriRanmaru~

Acne scars

I'm not really sure if this is the place for this to go and if not I'm really sorry...

But, throughout my teenage life I suffered with fairly awful acne... Now i'm in my twenties it isn't clearing up. I was wondering, how do you tell the scars from the acne?

And if it is acne scars what treatments can you recommend?

Thank you in advance everyone ^^
MoriRanmaru~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Venciel Links

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by telling scars from acne because when I break out it's fairly obvious which one is which. So I don't know how to tell with your acne and scars, but I'd imagine if it's healed over and not red, puffy or painful it's probably a scar.

As far as getting rid of scars I have a few recommendations;

1. Bio Oil. It can be found at Walgreens or Walmart. The price I think ranges from $10-20 depending on if you get a small bottle or a big bottle, however it lasts for a very long time. This is for HEALED wounds, not open wounds.

2. Sovereign silver. Found at health stores. I can't remember the pricing. Now a lot of people will tell you ''omg don't use silver it will turn you blue!!'' I think that would only happen if you consume an ungodly amount for years. Just like if you drink too much carrot juice you will turn orange. Doesn't mean drinking some carrot juice will do that anytime you drink it. I had a nasty, nasty oil burn on my hand a few years ago and I used this with bio oil and you can't even see the scars. This is for open wounds.

I used the silver when my burns were still fleshy and gross under my wraps then after they fully healed I used the Bio oil. I'm assuming you can see a similar result with acne.

I have before and after photos as well, if you're interested in seeing the results I got.

And for a more natural or cheaper way...

3. Lemons/Lemon juice w/Sugar (sugar is optional). After I have a bad break out or even during, tho that one hurts more. I use lemon juice on my face or I put sugar on an open half lemon and use it as a scruber. The lemon helps kill bacteria and it's also a natural lightener which will help lighten the scars more over time. The sugar helps exfoliate to remove some of the dead dingy skin layers, so when together it's a nice combo for scars and acne.

4. Coconut/Vitamin E oil and pure Aloe vera. Those are all great for the skin and scars.

These are just some of the things that I use. I'm on a never ending battle with scars since almost every wound that ever touches my skin scars over.

Hope that helped you a little.
Venciel Links is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Naru-chu

I second Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera! I have tried pure Aloe Vera (fresh gel from inside the leaf), and it does help with scars. It's also important to learn what skin type you have so that you may find remedies most effective for your skin.
Naru-chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
MoriRanmaru~

Thank you ever so much! The both of you ^^

Umm... Well, the things I have left on my face are more like marks than spots... For example, they arn't swollen or infected, not even painful. But they are red, very red. Just like little red marks, for ages now I assumed they were spots but they never really fade with spot treatment.

However, I found they faded with treatment that is used for both scars and acne. Do you think this means it's probably scars rather than acne?

I've also heard bioil is fantastic, so i'll give that a try! If you don't mind could i see your before and after photos please? :3

As for my current skin type... I have really bad eczema on my forehead yet and just patches of dry skin on my face... then other patches are very oily and prone to spots. It seriously sucks haha.

Thank you both again ^^ and i'm sorry for my awful spelling and grammar ; ;
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Venciel Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriRanmaru~ View Post

I've also heard bioil is fantastic, so i'll give that a try! If you don't mind could i see your before and after photos please? :3
Sorry for the delay

Before:

After: (don't mind the cat scratches. )
Unread 06-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
Devika

This bio oil stuff... What does it do? Remove healed scars or hide them? Curious because I have a scar in the middle of my face.
Devika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
MoriRanmaru~

That is actually amazing... Also, sorry for the delayed response. Been without laptop for a week.
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
spookysage

Devika: It's meant to make scars go away after you've been regularly applying it for a while. My mom got me some for my acne scars too; after this thread I'm more willing to try it out.
spookysage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
Venciel Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriRanmaru~ View Post
That is actually amazing... Also, sorry for the delayed response. Been without laptop for a week.
I was pretty impressed myself! I'm glad I don't have horrible scar nasty arms. xD

No prob about the late reply, I've been there and done that. : )
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Charliotte

Its impossible to get rid of acne scars completely in natural way, but you can make them less noticeable, aloe vera gel helped me to lighten the scars, I used natural one right from the leave. Lemon juice is also quite effective but it is too drying on the skin.
Charliotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #11
Charliotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliotte View Post
Its impossible to get rid of acne scars completely in natural way, but you can make them less noticeable, aloe vera gel helped me to lighten the scars, I used natural one right from the leave. Lemon juice is also quite effective but it is too drying on the skin.
Here is also the article about aloe vera gel for scars
Charliotte is offline   Reply With Quote