Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #11521
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Furie - Have you thought about seeing if one of your friends can order "free samples" from the company (not letting them know you guys know eachother) of both their blue and their turquoise. And seeing if the company would send it. Then if they do you can totally call their bluff.

Wonderland- LOL that picture. Your Alice is adorable!!

Also would anyone have suggestions for a good Ariel wig? I'm thinking about making her Kiss the Girl dress since I have so much linen laying around.

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #11522
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kasinator- I always try and help charities when I can in some way or the other, and its my job to be a character entertainer ^_^

Sasha- I haven't attempted that no.. but i've started a case against them with ebay now to see where that gets me. As for Ariel wigs, see my progress shots of my latest Ariel for wigs for her on the previous page. I go with sellers wigfever or wigglamour on ebay, I really recommend them for wigs as their fantastic quality, and what you see on the images is the color you get in person. Their easy to maintain, dont tangle much and really last you at least a year before you have to buy a new one.
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #11523
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

KAS!! 8D I haven't seen you in forever! How've you been?

Alice- I love the pic! You are the perfect Alice.

Furie- Awesome! I hope it's a blast! I like Sasha's suggestion of having a friend order swatches.

Sasha- I definitely suggest Arda-Wigs! A Luthien or Claudia (after straightening or relaxing the curls) would be PERFECT for Ariel! I will be getting one or the other for mine when the time comes.

Grr. I have been so busy/anxious/lazy lately meaning no cosplay progress for me. There's just so much stuff going on right now that it has been hard for me to find the motivation and focus to sew. Everyone else's stuff is looking great, though!
Unread 06-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #11524
LKD
Is a princess!!

Furie, today at the FD I passed through these fabrics that looked exactly like the ones you posted.

They both look really blue to me.
The darker blue has a sky blue back though. They might not be the same fabric either xD
X3 anywho just wanted to show and see if it helps. We were rushing out as always so i couldnt get any better pics.
The darker blue sorta looks like the other one up on top where the sun is hitting it. Both don't look like the green in the first pic you posted so I dunno if there's. Three fabrics involved?
Also..leopard print speedos anyone?

Last edited by LKD : 06-15-2012 at 03:01 AM.
LKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #11525
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- thanks for that! That actually really helps prove my point that what I have is NOT the turquoise their advertising for selling. So their definitely mis advertising their products. So I'd love to know how they got the fabric to look that green if its supposedly the same fabric they sent me.

I've been inspired and given ideas on how to improve my new Ariel bangs after watching videos on youtube last night so I think for next week and this weekend's photoshoot I'm gonna work on my bangs more as the upper swoop is still bugging me lmao!
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #11526
Kasinator
Not quite human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie Blue View Post
KAS!! 8D I haven't seen you in forever! How've you been?

Grr. I have been so busy/anxious/lazy lately meaning no cosplay progress for me. There's just so much stuff going on right now that it has been hard for me to find the motivation and focus to sew. Everyone else's stuff is looking great, though!
I've been doing pretty good. I sent you a PM to let you know I was back. guess the new interface here is not too helpful letting folks know about messages. :P I had to get into my studies (still am), hopefully getting a job in the field of computer security. All the while focusing my budget on my battlestation.
( and that's the old pic of it ) So in the meantime while I study, I started exercising again, and working on my cosplays too. Perfecting L/B, Sebastian of Kuroshitsuji, Bass ( yes still working on it but there is amazing involved and I cant rush that! ), And a certain wibbly wobbly time-whimey Gallifreyan. Of course these are in no particular order.

And as for giving yourself some motivation to sew, if you are currently in classes, see if you can get away with knitting while listening, I suggest taking picture for note taking, and yes I am being serious. Studies show that keeping your hands busy while in class helps learning. That's why those friends of yours who did nothing but doodle still did well in school. And don't forget cosplay is supposed to be fun!

My workout
What to eat

I'm not a trained nutritionist/fitness instructor. But I hope to give you any help I can. PM me If you want someone to coach you.
Please comment on my pics. They give me teh warm fuzziez! xD
Kasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #11527
Seifer-sama

@ WonderlandAlice: Ha! I love that photo!! That looks like it was a lot of fun!!

@ Lady Sasha: Have you ever looked at Arda wigs? They have a really lovely red wig that would be a nicce color for Ariel.

@ Suzie Blue: I hear you! It's been super busy this month. I hope you are able to get back into the swing of things real soon.

@ LKD: You shop at the FD for cosplays too? That's awesome. I don't live in the area but I go there whenever I get the chance to visit my friend who lives near there. It's like fabric heaven!!

@ FuriePhoenix: Any luck with that fabric yet? Are you able to request samples? That might be an option to make sure you get the exact fabric you want.

No costume updates for me. I have been pretty busy. I hope to get some more embroidery done very soon.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #11528
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Seifer- I've opened a case with eBay against them as their still being rude and refuse to give me a refund. You can get samples, but thats not trust worthy with these people apparently... should have done my research on whether they were reliable before I spent my money I guess. But I'm not giving up thats for sure!
Unread 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #11529
LKD
Is a princess!!

Furie- I'll keep an eye out for a greener fabric next time..I think i have seen one I should have monies to pick you, up some.
Speaking of, I still have Caits fabric to get. One day, just give me one day that I'm not rushing, please god xD

Seifer- yup! Luckly I have a carpool lane that's seperate from the freeway so its only a 25 min trip closer than any joanns ._.
Unread 06-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #11530
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

LKD- I love that "Leopard Print Speedo" popped up on the page Kasinator came back on. XDD

Kas- Whoa, that looks...epic! haha I knit in class all through high school, actually, I jut don't know how "actual professors" will feel about me knitting in class... lol I know cosplay is supposed to be fun, but it really stresses me out sometimes! >.< Even if the costume itself isn't bothering me, other parts of my life may stress me out and interfere with my sewing. But OMG, I didn't know you were a Whovian! There are a few of us on this thread. ^.^ I can't wait to see that!

Furie- Your fabric situation is similar to my prom dress situation. It was an ultra-shady Chinese company that gave me a cheap, poor imitation of the dress advertised on their site. They pretty much refused to work with me after I sent them an email about it. It was my fault for not looking up reviews on the site, but meh. I just know that I won't order from China again unless I know for a fact that they are reliable.
Unread 06-16-2012, 04:37 AM   #11531
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Furie- I'll keep an eye out for a greener fabric next time..I think i have seen one I should have monies to pick you, up some..
Aww that would be amazing! There's no rush for it as I wont have money for new fabric (unless i get a damn refund) until after the first weekend of July probably.
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #11532
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Furie- That really sucks about your Ariel fabric. I haven't forgotten to send you the samples either! I got called out of town on an emergency and don't have a car right now, but I'll see about getting them as soon as I get home.

Sasha- What con are you thinking of making Ariel for? I'm planning on remaking Melody in time for AFO. Tara Strong is going to be there and I want to see if I can get her to sign my VHS copy of The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea.

LKD- Cait's fabric? You're referring to the pinstripe stuff, right?

Suzie- If you know who your instructors are going to be, check out Rate my Professor. You might get an idea of which ones are chill enough to let you knit in class there . If you don't know, pick ones that are.

Kas- Welcome back to the thread! That's a lot of computers!

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #11533
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Beni- thanks hunni, dont worry take your time ^_^
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #11534
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Seifer- Thanks, darlin'. I'm sure I will, I just need some motivation. I'm feeling a bit more of it now, actually. In a little while I am going to go through my WIP cosplays and organize the materials I have and make lists of what I need to do and purchase to finish them, Hopefully that will give me a sense of direction! One of my problems is that I get bored really easily and want to move onto something else, so I end up with 5 or 6 in-progress costumes which can be overwhelming. o.O
Unread 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #11535
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: That's a bummer!! Yeah you really have to be careful on eBay sometimes. There are a lot of shady people on that site who are just out to make quick cash. I am sure that not only do they ruin it for the customers but the other businesses as well. Anyway, I hope that you are able to get a refund!

@ LKD: That is just not fair!! Ha ha! I wish I lived that close to the FD, or even a Joanns for that matter. Well I am sure you take advantage of it, I know I would. I would probably be there all the time.

@ Suzie Blue: Well I am glad you are getting your motivation back! I think the lists are a good way to keep track of everything. Actually, what you described sounds a lot like me. I just get so excited about other projects and so I start purchasing a bunch of stuff and work on multiple things at once. Not only is it overwhelming, but confusing too! I keep a lot of my materials stored in plastic bins and there has been more than one occasion where I would check in a bin and find fabric I had forgotten about. "What is this for???" :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote