Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
CelestialShadow

Small Cosplay Studio Gathering In Shinjuku Area!

Hello all my foreign friends! My Japanese cosplayer friend Ayako, also knows as Oribee on Cure has graciously allowed me to plan a small cosplay gathering at her amazing Studio and Garden.

Her official studio webpage is here but its in Japanese.
http://wisteria.world.coocan.jp/Laco...~isuteria.html

The studio is victorian themed so its good for Kuroshitsuji, Rose of Versailles, anything elegant costumes and the garden is also great for just about anything.

You can see photos of it here in my Rose of Versailles photoshoot: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/405995/

So here are the details:
3-4 people are welcome, we dont want to studio to be overstuffed. If many people want to do this then I will make two events with two different dates to accomodate everyone.

The cost is 3000 yen per hour for a group so how ever long we take, we need to add it up then split the cost between the participants (example: we stay for 4 hours, thats 12000 yen divided by 3-4 people)

The Date for the first gathering will be June 30th Saturday IF the weather is good. I know we are getting close to rainy season so we need to play it by ear a bit. If it rains it will be cancelled. I check the weather daily so I will give you a 3 day advance warning if this happens.

The area name is Setagaya, the station name is Soshigaya Okura. To get there you need to take the Odakyu line west from Yoyogi Uehara, Take the local NOT the express! write to me for more details if you are bad with the trains and I will help you find the best route.

We will met at 11am at the station and walk as a group to the studio. Its about a 7 minute walk.

We will stop along the way at a small convenience store and pick and food or refreshments if you think you need them, we can have a picnic in the garden if the weather allows!

Realistically, this gathering should take us 3-4 hours, i hope we can come as a group and leave as a group to prevent anyone getting lost on the way to and from and also give us maximum time in the studio.

Bring any amount of costumes you like, cameras, sun reflectors, props, ect! There is good studio lighting available inside but you might want to bring a reflector for outside.

Let me know if you are interested! First come first serve basis! If this list gets full then I will plan a second event for the remainder the following month.

If you are coming from out of town and need a place to stay overnight then my home is open to crash at!

Happy Cosplaying!

www.phantomlegacycostumes.com
www.elegantrebecca.etsy.com
CelestialShadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Layla Evenstar

Yay! Count me in!
Layla Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Iwiwal
Still cosplaying in Japan

Wanted to put it out there that I'm very much interested, but not sure yet whether or not I'll be able to make it to Tokyo that weekend. This shoot would be the perfect excuse to bust out my Spanish tango dress and get more pictures of Esmeralda! I'll try to give you a definite answer within the next couple weeks.

(Btw, in case you were wondering, this is Rachel, trying to get back into the habit of checking and uploading to Coscom. Yoroshiku.)
Iwiwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
mixaka
Granter of wishes

I'm almost finished with Irisviel from Fate Stay Zero and I'll need some pics! Gonna try to finish up this weekend and then I'll confirm.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
CelestialShadow

We have one more confirmed going. My friend and photographer Venessa will be joining us to help us with photos.

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
mixaka
Granter of wishes

Sadly, not going to make it. I won't be able to finish up the costume by this weekend.
mixaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
CelestialShadow

Sadness Mixaka, maybe next time.

Unread 06-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
Iwiwal
Still cosplaying in Japan

Ah, unfortunately, I too am going to have to sit this one out. An old professor of mine (one who's been giving me a lot of help on my Japanese work resume) asked a favor of me for that Saturday, and I'd hate to turn him down after he's done so much to help me.

Maybe next time. Should be easier for me once I'm living in Tokyo anyways.
Iwiwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #9
pinapplegum
Laughter is contagious :)

Hey! Count me in, I'm totally going!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0312933&type=3
pinapplegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #10
CelestialShadow

Glad to have you Aboard Sarah!