Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 06-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
iDouji
Crazy Idiot

FtM binding not working :(

My bust at the biggest point is about 98cm and I use a binder like this :

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...198315_ n.jpg

The problem is that after binding, there will still be a very obvious bump. I've seen other people with the same size as me and they look really flat compared to mine. I do not know what I'm doing wrong D:

Any tips to make it flatter? T_T
iDouji is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Well, what works best for me is using Ace Bandages (the kind with velcro), and wrapping them around fairly tightly (but obviously not too tight). My friend crossplays as well, but her chest is larger, so she wears a sports bra under the ace bandages for some extra help, and that helps her to flatten out really well. ^^

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Are you rearranging your bumps underneath the shirt after you pull it on?

If there's still lots of room and your flesh sits comfortably in its natural place, and after rearranging they slide back into normal position, your binder isn't small enough.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
iDouji
Crazy Idiot

@capsuleCorp : I tried "pushing" them to the side, something like open-shirt binding but it only helps a lil ><

@J_otaku : Unfortunately, where I live, they don't have Ace bandages xD
iDouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Kerodohi
No longer active

I used to have the same problem, actually!
My binder does flatten me quite a bit (and there's no extra room in there, believe me xD), but my chest is really firm and doesn't like to be squashed out of position, plus I'm pretty small to begin with. ANYWAY. To avoid the 'uniboob' look, I usually push them to the side (like open-shirt binding, as you mentioned) and then use a strip of medical or sports tape to keep them in place before putting the shirt on. This makes it so that the shirt is helping push them off to the side as it's also pushing down, and the overall effect is much flatter. And the tape prevents them from migrating back to the middle. As a side bonus, you retain the smoothness of the binder and don't end up with lumps or edges like often happens when using ACE bandages or a sports bra.
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Boyish
Lurker

Try another binder? Some binders just doesn't work for bigger sizes, and some are too uncomfortable, when they fit the bigger sizes. You could try underworks, they work well with bigger people. Don't use ace bandages, it's not good for your ribcage and lungs, try another binder, or wear two at once! If you can't afford another binder, a sports bra underneath could help a bit too.
Boyish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

Don't use ace bandages they are not designed or made for binding. they do not allow for regular breathing or movement as the intended Binder does. People have gotten serious injuries from using ace bandages instead of binders for binding. Some injuries are as minor as bruised ribs, but some can be as bad as a broken rib punching a hole in your lung. It's not safe and not recommended. Invest your money wisely and buy a binder that is the correct size for your chest.

The point of binding is to make one's self appear more like a man and I am sorry, but unless you are a seriously underweight male with no muscle at all or you are a male under the age of 10 you have something on your chest call muscles. Males start to develop their muscles young and if they are active and healthy then they will have muscles on their chest regardless. They do create a sort of "bump" under the shirt trust me my fiancé has a lovely set of muscle that keep his chest from being flat. Real men aren't flat chested. If you use the correct sized binder and do it correctly then you will not be completely flat you will retain a small "bump" that should look somewhat like a male's chest with a light amount of muscles.

Who cares if other's look "flatter" maybe they don't have boobs to start with who cares. Chest muscles make the man look buffer and last a checked most chicks dig the buff guy.

Sorry I just hate it when girls complain "I can't get my chest completely flat. When I crossplay." No crap! Your got some girls on their don't beat them down to a pulp or kill yourself. It's a costume and just from your face and voice people will know you’re a girl so don't beat yourself up over a freaking bump called boobs!

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Sinon (SAO:GGO) 30% done (Prop Hecate II and Wig finished)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote