Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
vizardvalor

-I had a nightmare where for some reason I went to the wrong convention that wasn't even started and missed the con I was suppose to go to.

-I had another one where I went to Otakon but all my costumes were home and I couldn't go home til Otakon was over.

-Then another one where I was in the wrong costume despite not even making it.
vizardvalor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
a600hz
theoretical physicist

I posted in a Cosplay Nightmares thread and never got a response back.. To this day it still haunts me.
a600hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

I had a nightmare that I was at a con, cosplaying as Riku, but the thing is that it was incomplete (but I hadn't realized this fact) So I went to this Kingdom Hearts photo shoot where all these other Rikus are... they kicked me out. .-. I woke up feeling quite pissed off.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:37 AM   #19
Devkyu

I have way, way too many of these, especially closer to conventions... One I remember was packing all my stuff, double-checking, and then getting to the con with half of my costume pieces missing.

In another, I was dressed as Edward Elric and being chased by lions, and running up walls and performing alchemy, and I was annoyed because I was supposed to be cosplaying Envy... who also happened to be there, laughing as I fought off lions and commenting on my costume and telling me how I made a good Ed because I was SHORT.

It was weird, okay?
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #20
Devika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devkyu View Post
I have way, way too many of these, especially closer to conventions... One I remember was packing all my stuff, double-checking, and then getting to the con with half of my costume pieces missing.

In another, I was dressed as Edward Elric and being chased by lions, and running up walls and performing alchemy, and I was annoyed because I was supposed to be cosplaying Envy... who also happened to be there, laughing as I fought off lions and commenting on my costume and telling me how I made a good Ed because I was SHORT.

It was weird, okay?
That is amazing xD
Devika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #21
Lady Platinum
Fear my gyaru nails

I had one where my dad decided to 'suprise' me by taking me to a convention I never knew about. So I had no costume. It was horrible.
Other than that, just the usual 'Didn't get finished on time' or 'Forgot the costume after flying all the way to Melbourne'
Lady Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
Kanno
Lost In Translation

I had a god-awful one where I started the morning at a convention with my costume intact, and somehow as the day went on, I was dropping bits and pieces of it all over the place and couldn't find them again. Wig, headpiece, assorted armour parts and even the shoes! I woke up just after realizing I was walking around barefoot, and the first thing I did was go and check all the joins and fastenings on my armour.
Kanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #23
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

I had a really WTF nightmare. I was walking into a theator for a game at a convention same with a lot of cosplayers. When the place was packed the announcer announced that dinosaurs will be attacking anyone with a scarf, and anyone who didn't want to attend could head back to the dome; just keep your eyes on the dome. However the winner would get a grand prize. I gave my scarf I had to another cosplayer and said she could use it just email me when she's done then I started back. Only thing was there was no quitting this game. And one chi started freaking out cause she had a scarf in her hair. Needless to say there was a whole lot of cosplayers taken out jurassic park style. And not in the convention center for some odd reason as soon as anyone walked out of the theator they ended up in a jungle.
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #24
vizardvalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMayDrako View Post
I had a really WTF nightmare. I was walking into a theator for a game at a convention same with a lot of cosplayers. When the place was packed the announcer announced that dinosaurs will be attacking anyone with a scarf, and anyone who didn't want to attend could head back to the dome; just keep your eyes on the dome. However the winner would get a grand prize. I gave my scarf I had to another cosplayer and said she could use it just email me when she's done then I started back. Only thing was there was no quitting this game. And one chi started freaking out cause she had a scarf in her hair. Needless to say there was a whole lot of cosplayers taken out jurassic park style. And not in the convention center for some odd reason as soon as anyone walked out of the theator they ended up in a jungle.
I think this takes the cake of best nightmare because of how awesomely WTF it is.
vizardvalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #25
EmoxJerk
Love Way Connection

Had a few dreams when I was at con and my wigs turned pink when the character I was cosplaying didn't have pink hair LOL

And one or two dreams where my costume just sort of fell apart or my wig just flew off my head. Yeah. Not cool bros >:I
-Hanji / Rivaille (AoT)
-Snow Miku

Facebook | WorldCosplay
EmoxJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #26
RoMayDrako
Happy Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizardvalor View Post
I think this takes the cake of best nightmare because of how awesomely WTF it is.
I did forget to mention there was a mudkip cosplayer taken out by spinosaurus... Think I have been watching to much dino documenteries and visiting cosplay.com to much. I left out other things for the sake of space but you basically get the jist of it.
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I had a freaky dream the other night actually. My friends and I had been talking about Yugioh that day and I agreed to cosplay Pegasus and I think that's what led to my dream.

In said dream, I was at a convention dressed as Pegasus, when all of a sudden, this person came up behind me and glomped me so hard that they knocked me down and I hurt my ankle...because they thought I was dressed as Ayame from Fruits basket. Then when they found out I wasn't Ayame they just left me on the floor while my friend who was dressed as Bakura laughed her head off and nobody helped me up. It kinda sucked.

I also dreamt once that I ordered my wig 2 months before a con and suddenly the con was the next day and my wig didn't arrive.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 01:56 AM   #28
belligerent
Viking Metal

I constantly have dreams where I've gone to cons and forgotten all my wigs...
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #29
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

I once had a dream where I was in cosplay at my university (I don't recall what costume), and for some reason Starkid Productions was there and they were impressed with my costume and saying they could use a new costume designer, and I remember I was so happy in the dream, because I could meet Joe Walker and possibly go out with him and maybe get married and have babies and then I was talking to my dad about all this... and then paused, asked him, "Is this a dream?" to which my dad responded "What do you think?" And I realized it was.

Not so much a nightmare so much as it was a horrible dream to suddenly become lucid in. For real, I look back at that dream and still get angry at my subconscious for it. -w-
Kenshin 2.0 (Rurouni Kenshin) - 0%

For the Future:
True Form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen

Last edited by Reily96 : 07-04-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #30
erwneoten

Every year, without fail, come about May I start getting recurring nightmares every few weeks or so that it's Comic Con and I've forgotten to make a costume, and I have to fashion a shitty one in a few hours before I go.

This has gone on for four years. I made a Rikku costume out of napkins once.
erwneoten is offline   Reply With Quote