Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 07-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
heatherW

Red face holika holika BBcreams/BBcream rundown

So I recently imported several korean BB creams from a brand called holika holika, and all their products can be purchased internationally here: http://www.prettyandcute.com/

I wanted to take this opportunity to talk a bit about BB creams and how they are the best solution for sensitive or acne prone skin.

So, here's a bit of info. After years of struggling and not finding a makeup that was both non-irritating, and wouldn't break me out, my two friends from korea suggested BB cream.

So I ordered several different ones, and hoped that one out of the many would work. And Holy Jeezuz, they all did.

I ordered all of them from Holika Holika, because most of their products are marketed for younger skin. Here's my experience will each of them.

-Petit BB line(all of these have high spf and are rather inexpensive)-

Clearing BB- This one was made for acne prone skin with teatree oil and other herbs to help take redness away. It actually did a decent job. It did not clear my acne, but it covered it perfectly and over the course of a week or so it has brightened up my scarring to the point were it was almost invisible, and it did not dry me out or irritate me. The product goes on rather watery, but dries to a semi-matte finish. The best way to use this is with your hands, and putting on a pea sized amount, then building more layers in red areas. I found that if you are having a lot of oil issues,it will need a bit of blotching, especially if you put on a heavy layer of powder. This works best when it can breathe.

Essential BB - This is an all around cream, for any skin type. It's what I use every day, when my skin is in good shape/normal. It's thicker than the rest, when right out of the tube, but dries more dewy. It's very gentle, with full coverage. One squirt and you're good. I'd suggest using a fluffy foundation brush for this, although fingers work pretty alright too. My mother uses this as well as my friend. We all have waay different skin types.

Moisturizing BB- This may be my favorite. Whenever I get flaky/dry skin this saves my butt. It brightens up skin without any glitter or shimmer,and by the end of the day the dry areas are completely gone. It blends into skin really well, and if it's really dry out I usually won't need a setting powder,as it really sticked to my skin, but if I'm a bit oilier that day or it's hot out, I would. I just used fingers to apply this one.

-other BBs-

Peach girl BB- Oh man, this is cute. But sadly, I cannot wear this one, it looks ridiculous on me. The cream itself is very similar to the essential BB, but it's a bit more peachy/warm, and the lid of the tube has a little pot of lip/cheek tint in it. I can't wear it because of it being warm toned, it just doesn't harmonize very well with me. But I gave it to a friend who's skin is far more golden and she had success with it. Overall very good. But avoid it you have neutral or cool skin.

Aqua jelly BB- I have mixed ideas about this. My main issue is that it does not cover very well, and they other is that this one was the highest price at the time. It's great in how it feels, it's like a light moisturizer. But it is very sheer coverage and needs to be set with powder and touched up on occasion. It's good if you have clear skin,if not, avoid it.

-

Whew! well, I hoped I helped anyone looking for good skincare based makeup! if you have any questions feel free to ask!
heatherW is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
wscale

Thank you for sharing your experiences with this brand, I hope it inspires more people to try out BB cream for themselves! I recently started using the Lioele Triple Solution and would definitely recommend it for cosplay use as well, it has amazing coverage. The Clearing BB you listed sounds good as well, since I also have oil control issues. ><
wscale is offline   Reply With Quote