Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > D.Gray Man

Unread 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Chibi Mathilda

Lenalee's Innocence (red anklettes)

Hello everyone ^^

I just started to work on Lenalee's third exorcists uniform and while the skirt and jacket are going fine; I seem to have encountered a problem while trying to make the red anklettes (sp?) she wears that are supposed to be her Innocence. In other (easier) words the circles around her heels.

I've tried about 4 different techniques - like knotting wool - but the results are either so thin you barely see them or the ankletts look too bulky.

So my question is: how would you go about making them? Or what materials do you think would be the best to use?

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: if somebody doesn't know what I'm talking about you can try googling 'lenalee third uniform' and you'll see immediatly what I mean ^^

Keep smiling... It makes people wonder what you are up to.

- - - - - - - - - -

Cosplays I'm sure I will be doing:
- Gumi (a whole load of different dresses from her ^^)
Chibi Mathilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

I was wondering what to make for that as well, although I ended up omitting the anklets all together -.-
Manjoume Jun - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Chibi Mathilda

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujyoshi View Post
I was wondering what to make for that as well, although I ended up omitting the anklets all together -.-
My first thought was: "That's not really helpfull" but then I realised that if I don't find a way and run out of time I may be omitting them as well since I'm the kind that likes to put everything off until the last minute ^^"

Anyway you had a nice Lenalee cosplay

- - - - - - - - - -

Unread 12-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

For my best friend's Lenalee cosplay, she bought some red shoes that had an ankle strap one them and then used those huge, oversized binder rings and painted them red. She then easily could snap them over her ankles. They aren't thick, but they get the job done.

Lenalee Third Uniform Finished Product
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Chibi Mathilda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
For my best friend's Lenalee cosplay, she bought some red shoes that had an ankle strap one them and then used those huge, oversized binder rings and painted them red. She then easily could snap them over her ankles. They aren't thick, but they get the job done.

Lenalee Third Uniform Finished Product
That quite helpful ^^ I'm thinking that instead of painting them red I might be able to pull some red fabric over them. That way they will match the color of my skirt perfectly (I hope... )

THANK YOU ^^

- - - - - - - - - -

Unread 12-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

No problem. She went with paint because of the gloss to match her shoes. And we did her skirt in a maroon because that's what the original artwork looked like. Her skirt always seemed to be a darker color than the rest of the red on the uniform. So matching the anklets to the skirt wouldn't have worked for hers.
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

What we did for my ex was found this shiny maroon organza-type fabric, and then folded it over braided together pipecleaners. They're kind of hard to see... Basically, braided pipecleaners into a ring shape, then handsewed a strip of fabric so the pipecleaners were covered. They weren't held in place by anything, so they were kinda like bangles.

Awkward photo is awkward. We were about ready to murder each other, and both trying hard to hide it... The fabric for the anklets was the same as my vest and tie.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Chibi Mathilda

Thanks! that's also a very good idea and it's kind of simular to what I first did. Namely use waterhose material, cut it into a round shape and pull some red fabric over it. It did look like a bangle but turned out much too bulky (sorry I don't have any pics of it...) so maybe your idea may lessen the bulkiness some bit ^^

- - - - - - - - - -

Unread 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

If you want to do the covered idea, I would suggest doing the outside in vinyl. It would really make it stand out and would be a strong material that can stand up to the wear.
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:25 AM   #10
Lady Platinum
Fear my gyaru nails

We ran into this problem aswell (normal bangles wouldn't fit over her foot), in the end we went with metal rings that we got from spotlight (10cm ones) and got my dad to cut them so we could slide some of this tube stuff over it ( I think it has something to do with embroidery of knitting or something....) the cut allowed us to streach it a little bit to get it over her foot. They are a bit on the thin side, but oh well.....
BTW, Mendia, love the binder ring idea!
Lady Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Craft foam or vinyl in a red bands with a snap or velcros in the back to close them.

And depending on your ankle size you might be able the find a hinge bracelet to use as a base.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82997117...f=&ga_includes[0]=tags&ga_search_query=hinged+bracelet&ga_search_ty pe=all&ga_facet=

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 03-07-2012 at 04:16 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
NekoKandaYu

I was searching only when I found this. Maybe u can buy something like this
http://www.milanoo.com/Vocaloid-Hats...s-p107100.html
NekoKandaYu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
UndeadHoneyCake

the ankles are the reason i am making the boots over the ankles, some how they seemed easier. The plan i had for the ankles was to get these thin foam circles (found them at walmart) i was going to glue a bunch together so that they where the think-ness i wanted and then cut a circle out in the middle and a small cut in the back so i could get them on my ankle. I was then going to cover them in red fabric that gave them the look i wanted and lastly use a jewelry clasp to hold them closed.

Cons and Cosplays

Anime North [x]

Rin (Vocaloid) Kimono Verison [x]
Sakura, (Tsubasa) Ball gown [x]
Shiro (Deadman Wonderland) [x]

ConBravo [x]
Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2) [ ]
Fuu Hououji (Magical Knights Rayearth) [ ]
Laila (Queens Blade) [ ]

UndeadHoneyCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
Rylka

I made her Innocence out of red pipe cleaners braided together. Because of the wire, they were easy to put on/take off, and the idea of covering them with vinyl sounds like it would give a perfect finish.
Rylka is offline   Reply With Quote