Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Animazement

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
belligerent
Viking Metal

I went to AZ in 10 and 11. Last year there were some issues with the AA. A friend of mine politely voiced some of those issues with staff while I was standing there. As a result, it would seem, neither of us received placement in the AA for this year. I got a spot at Fanime, so I went there instead even though AZ is a lot closer (~1.5 hours) and more convenient for me.

I pre-registered last year at the after con special $35 rate. This is my local con, and since I thought I would probably get into the AA, after making it in the two years previously, going was a no-brainer. When I realized I wasn't going after I didn't get a spot in the AA, I sent in a signed letter (like they requested) to ask for my refund, minus the $5 processing fee. I sent the letter before their full refund cut-off date, which was in March. I still haven't received my refund. I sent registration staff an email a week or two ago and still haven't received a response. It doesn't take more than a minute to say "We're working on it" or "sorry, we decided not to give out refunds this year after all!"

In light of these things, and the fact that I didn't go even go to AZ '12 and they're still jerking me around a bit with my refund, I would say this is a con I probably won't be going back to ever.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago

Last edited by belligerent : 07-08-2012 at 03:16 PM.
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote