Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 07-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
cj12sc82

Lenora Cosplay Help

Hello!!! I'm going to be cosplaying for the first time this year as Lenora! *ridiculously excited*
I've already figured out how to do the wig and I have a pretty good idea on how to do the apron but I'm confused by the shirt. Would it be effective if I just add on some fabric for the bow collar thing and the pockets to a regular button down shirt? And the same with some cream and red colored fabric for her headband? Ive only been sewing for a short while so I only have vauge impressions of what is physically possible with a needle and thread and would really appreciate the help!!!

refrence pic:

cj12sc82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj12sc82 View Post
Would it be effective if I just add on some fabric for the bow collar thing and the pockets to a regular button down shirt? And the same with some cream and red colored fabric for her headband?
I think you've got a good notion for the shirt ^_^. While I'm all for making things by hand, there are instances where it looks just as good (and is often more cost effective) to work off of an existing piece of clothing.

As for the headband, I say go with your comfort level. It should be a very easy piece to sew, but if you've already got a band that you want to embellish I'm sure that would work well too. Good luck!
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
cj12sc82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
I think you've got a good notion for the shirt ^_^. While I'm all for making things by hand, there are instances where it looks just as good (and is often more cost effective) to work off of an existing piece of clothing.

As for the headband, I say go with your comfort level. It should be a very easy piece to sew, but if you've already got a band that you want to embellish I'm sure that would work well too. Good luck!
Thank you!! Hopefully I dont make too many mistakes XD
cj12sc82 is offline   Reply With Quote