Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 07-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
ShannonSoars
Is Dead With Divas

How do I sell things on the Marketplace?

I know I need the 10 post minimum thing and I will get to that but what Im wondering how do I sell them? Like when someone wants to buy the item what should I do? I want to use paypal but do they like send me money and then I send them the item? I dont want to send something to someone and then they rip me off and I dont get money for it. How does this work or what do you think I should do? Ive only ever sold things on Ebay before :/
(sorry if this is not the right place to put this but Im not sure where I should ask this)
ShannonSoars is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

thats exactly it. just post an ad in the appropriate thread and when someone says they want to commit to buying it, give them your paypal email address, then they will send you the money, then you mail it out to them. but be sure to read the rules on what your allowed to sell
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
ShannonSoars
Is Dead With Divas

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
thats exactly it. just post an ad in the appropriate thread and when someone says they want to commit to buying it, give them your paypal email address, then they will send you the money, then you mail it out to them. but be sure to read the rules on what your allowed to sell
Alright thank you so much! I thought that was the way but I just wanted to make sure so I didnt do something wrong X)
ShannonSoars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #4
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Make sure you get your money first, then ship. Especially if they're paying via echeck, this takes a while to clear and put the funds into your account.

Make sure to ship with Delivery Confirmation (aka tracking), this way if they try to say the item never arrived, you can give paypal proof that the item was shipped/delivered.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
Make sure you get your money first, then ship. Especially if they're paying via echeck, this takes a while to clear and put the funds into your account.

Make sure to ship with Delivery Confirmation (aka tracking), this way if they try to say the item never arrived, you can give paypal proof that the item was shipped/delivered.
Oh I totally forgot TRACKING..Yes always send with a tracking number. Be sure to add the cost of this into the price of shipping when you tell them the total cost. And tracking usually costs 80cents for normal packages and 70cents for flat rate boxes (the boxes you see on the commercials that they sell in the post office. They are white and have a usps image on them).
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote