Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #16
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I'd agree that if the photo is unclear, more photos SHOULD be asked for and more photos SHOULD have been provided originally. I always give as many photos as I can find...in as many angles as possible. When commissioning, it is best to do so. From this, you can't see the back...how is the commissioner supposed to know how it looks? They'd have to guess. I think it's half and half here...the commissionee should have provided more photos -- the commissioner should have asked for more photos.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
ShannonSoars
Is Dead With Divas

Not gonna lie the way it was handled was not well. Saying things like that are not very professional and and even though the differences in the top are just little things I would personally not be happy with it either. They are things that you can clearly see in any picture of Juliet and not something that needed extra pictures in different angles of the character to see. Just looking at the etsy picture you can see the white and pink on the top are not right. Something I would not be happy with if I was paying over $100 for barely any clothing. I would never pay $170 for that costume.
ShannonSoars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #18
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonSoars View Post
Not gonna lie the way it was handled was not well. Saying things like that are not very professional and and even though the differences in the top are just little things I would personally not be happy with it either. They are things that you can clearly see in any picture of Juliet and not something that needed extra pictures in different angles of the character to see. Just looking at the etsy picture you can see the white and pink on the top are not right. Something I would not be happy with if I was paying over $100 for barely any clothing. I would never pay $170 for that costume.
Well, to be fair...she only paid $95, so not even $100, and nowhere near over it. The seller then listed it to be commissioned in their store for $170. The original buyer paid $95 total for it.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #19
pinkkiller

I don't think the price is the right fight to fight. Even if it was cheaper than usually doesn't mean the buyer can't expect accuracy? If the seller had advertised it as a lesser product, sure.
What confuses me too is... was it the exact costume being offered in the shop? I'd imagine if I, as a commissioner, offered to make a specific costume in my shop I'd do a little research about it beforehand...

About the pictures: If the seller didn't think the picture she was sent was enough, why not ask for more? Don't people always harp on how COMMUNICATION between commissioner and buyer is the key to a satisfying transaction?
I agree it's not the commissioners job to search for pictures, but if they felt like they couldn't do their job right with the picture they were provided, why not talk about it?
There's absolutely NO excuse for the commissioner to feel like the buyer deliberately wronged her.

Though with the way she behaved herself in this thread and the other one (holy sh*t can you say condescending and arrogant?) I may be a teeny bit biased against her
pinkkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

I fail to see how the picture she posted prove that she won the pay pal dispute. Then again I was all for the commissioner when this started in the review thread a couple of days ago but now seeing the way she is acting and calling people names (I'm glad someone quoted her other wise I wouldn't have saw that) I wouldn't want to work with her. It's life there is always going to be a customer that is more difficult to deal with or didn't like your work that's part of the job.

If the pictures weren't clear you need to ask for more. One of my commissioners accidentally lost angles of the back of a costume of mine before. She never asked for it again and when I got it some details were missing. It was small so I let it pass despite being a detail oriented person. Not sure about something ask for more pictures

I'm sure they had trailers out and she could have gotten screen caps from that. (girl wanting the costume). Heck I'll even go into trailer or something to get pictures I need. Anyways they are both in the wrong in different ways.
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #21
ajisaiareku
~Sewing Maniaz

As someone who takes commissions to me it is very important to have a good relationship with the client from beginning to the very end and even beyond because people who are happy 100% with their items are people who continue to come back to you for items. One of the first things I always do is take very clear in good lighting photos of the fabric I am considering to use and send it to the client so that they can give me the go ahead on it so when they receive it you don't have a situation like this where colors are off.
Also the blatant verbal abuse on part of Annie is really bad. No matter how bad your situation may be with somoene it is not grounds to make stereotypical comments about people who live in poorer neighborhoods and calling them retarded. You can never address someone like that because ultimately you never know if they do have some sort of problem or know someone who does and takes offense to it.
One last really big issue was a breach of confidential information and security. Under no circumstances should you ever release the private information of an individual whether it be their full name and in this case including their address. There is a lot of cyber stalking these days you never know the type of danger you can place someone in.
Fuu: Final Armor - MKR
Lolita Captain America
Other Cons 2012:
Holiday Matsuri
ajisaiareku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
Norakun91

I recently commissioned a jacket (saya takagis from hotd) from annie. She was great with me and had the jacket to me in a month. She is my first commissioner and she was very nice to me. I hope nothing happens to your etsy shop annie.
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #23
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

The verbal abuse part of this is just sad. No one should ever say those things, let alone to a client, no matter how difficult you may find that client to be. Also, posting someone's name and address on the internet is unforgivable. You have no idea how much harm that person could be put through should the wrong person find that information.
With your absolute lack of professionalism and outright disregard for your client's safety, I think it's safe to say you won't be getting quite the business you would have had you handled this maturely.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #24
AnnieHan

Pardon me for the late reply. I do not come to cosplay.com often
I am repeating this countless time. If you were to "judge", I suggest you get your "facts" right. You are judging without even fully knowing what happened. Since you obviously skimed through every description.

Verbal abuse part - It the the celestialdamn (in cosplay.com she uses differenct ID, secretxagent) who initiated verbal abuse. I was kind at first, explained things but she did not stop harrassing me. Are you saying that it is okay for the customer to verbally abuse?
If that is your idea of business, I also have the right to refusal of service who have opinion like you, who thinks that a seller should endure every verbal abuse. It's been over a year since I started this business and have never worked with a customer who has this business mind like celestialdamn and you, and I ignore every business messages that comes out rude to me.

Posting name and address - celestialdamn (in cosplay.com she uses differenct ID, secretxagent) reported me to PayPal even though I sent her the extra iron-on. I had to submit the evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
The verbal abuse part of this is just sad. No one should ever say those things, let alone to a client, no matter how difficult you may find that client to be. Also, posting someone's name and address on the internet is unforgivable. You have no idea how much harm that person could be put through should the wrong person find that information.
With your absolute lack of professionalism and outright disregard for your client's safety, I think it's safe to say you won't be getting quite the business you would have had you handled this maturely.
AnnieHan is offline   Reply With Quote