Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #3076
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I just finished attaching a decal to my vita.

I think I deserve a bloody sainthood for not swearing at any point in the process. >_<

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #3077
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

My mum just had a back spasm and I had to carry her back up the stairs to bed.

She's had a really bad back for ages, I can never remember what the exact term is specifically but she has to take painkillers every day and the pain regularly brings her to tears.

It just kills me to see her in this much pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #3078
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

I feel like I'm wasting my time looking for a Cosplay..someone as big as me shouldn't even try Cosplay just to be made fun of for my size. I love how everyone looks as they Cosplay so I want to try but I can't find a costume and commissioning is costly for me. >_< I just want to cry!

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #3079
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
someone as big as me shouldn't even try Cosplay

No.
Someone as big as you should do whatever the sweet hell you want, are you cosplaying for your enjoyment or to impress other people? Why do you assume that if you're 'fat' that it means you wouldn't look good? Why do you even care?

Bro.
Bro.
I gained weight over the winter and sucked it up and went to A-Cen in a bikini top and shorts. I was like. 180lbs. I had people taking pictures with me the whole weekend.

I was fuckin' boss.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #3080
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Was doing so well forgetting about ex boyfriend and moving on. Then my mind was like, "HEY! Remember being together for two years and loving him? Good times, bro." Emotions why...
I'm with you, sis Luckily what happens with me is that I have a little burst of all those emotions at once (usually late at night for a few hours) and then I'm just...totally fine. But, I tell you, those few hours are horrible.
But...this last time was definitely the last time, at least for it to happen and to talk to him about it. At least I got a bit of an explanation from him about the why and how of everything rather than him just brushing it off..and while it still pisses me off and makes me almost pity him for the way he thinks and sees everything from how people have treated him in the past..it isn't any use for me to worry about it. I just hope he finds someone who can help him get out of this way of thinking that relationships are about lies and fighting and that every ex has to go into the shadows once you break up and can no longer be your friend, because apparently I sure as hell can't do it no matter how hard I try. :/
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #3081
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
I'm with you, sis Luckily what happens with me is that I have a little burst of all those emotions at once (usually late at night for a few hours) and then I'm just...totally fine. But, I tell you, those few hours are horrible.
But...this last time was definitely the last time, at least for it to happen and to talk to him about it. At least I got a bit of an explanation from him about the why and how of everything rather than him just brushing it off..and while it still pisses me off and makes me almost pity him for the way he thinks and sees everything from how people have treated him in the past..it isn't any use for me to worry about it. I just hope he finds someone who can help him get out of this way of thinking that relationships are about lies and fighting and that every ex has to go into the shadows once you break up and can no longer be your friend, because apparently I sure as hell can't do it no matter how hard I try. :/
Come here and let me love you <333
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #3082
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I gained weight over the winter and sucked it up and went to A-Cen in a bikini top and shorts. I was like. 180lbs. I had people taking pictures with me the whole weekend.
What Emmers isn't saying is that she was showing massive boobs too since she was wearing essentially what the girl on the left is wearing.

But yeah, if you want to do cosplay, do it. Discard the haters, if you're just dressing up for yourself, what they say doesn't matter.
Kildread is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #3083
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
What Emmers isn't saying is that she was showing massive boobs too since she was wearing essentially what the girl on the left is wearing.

But yeah, if you want to do cosplay, do it. Discard the haters, if you're just dressing up for yourself, what they say doesn't matter.
I did have quite an insane pair of titties that weekend didn't I?

TITS FOR EVERYONE.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #3084
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&amp;Only

Quote:
I feel like I'm wasting my time looking for a Cosplay..someone as big as me shouldn't even try Cosplay just to be made fun of for my size. I love how everyone looks as they Cosplay so I want to try but I can't find a costume and commissioning is costly for me. >_< I just want to cry!
Bad Arrancar! Bad! Don't you ever say something like this again!You do what you want and you be damn confident doing it! You strut around there like a boss who KNOWS that they look good. Don't ever let me hear that crazy talk from you again. -_-

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #3085
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
No.
Someone as big as you should do whatever the sweet hell you want, are you cosplaying for your enjoyment or to impress other people? Why do you assume that if you're 'fat' that it means you wouldn't look good? Why do you even care?

Bro.
Bro.

I was fuckin' boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post

You look amazing btw but i am much over 180 and i wouldnt dare wear anything that showed even just a tad my tummy. I know theres alot of cosplays out there i can do without having to show that but i feel like i should just try..I wanted to dress in a bunny suit but i am having major second thoughts due to mean jokes from my family and friends. They all think that cosplay is for ppl who are immature and want to play dress up forever..lowers my self confidence when they do say things like that.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #3086
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackroseHunter View Post
Bad Arrancar! Bad! Don't you ever say something like this again!You do what you want and you be damn confident doing it! You strut around there like a boss who KNOWS that they look good. Don't ever let me hear that crazy talk from you again. -_-
Sorry sometimes I just scream out things in my mind..I really try to fix my thoughts on stuff like this but it gets so stressful i just sit down and cry sometimes.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #3087
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&amp;Only

Quote:
Sorry sometimes I just scream out things in my mind..I really try to fix my thoughts on stuff like this but it gets so stressful i just sit down and cry sometimes.
Well, it's good that you can cry when you need to, hear it makes people feel better after a good cry. (I tend to repress any emotion besides anger. Not healthy I know, but it's how I get through life) Just be confident when the time comes. I'm sure you'll have tons of fun

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #3088
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
You look amazing btw but i am much over 180 and i wouldnt dare wear anything that showed even just a tad my tummy. I know theres alot of cosplays out there i can do without having to show that but i feel like i should just try..I wanted to dress in a bunny suit but i am having major second thoughts due to mean jokes from my family and friends. They all think that cosplay is for ppl who are immature and want to play dress up forever..lowers my self confidence when they do say things like that.
Hate to break the news but that isn't a picture of me. Kildread dropped the ball DIDN'T YOU KILDREAD.

If everyone on this site had a dollar (or currency of choice equal or greater than a dollar) for every person who said cosplay was immature or made fun of them we'd be rich bitches.

Who are you doing this for? Are you doing it for them? I didn't think so. When you wake up in the morning who do you dress yourself for, yourself? You wear what you like? Style your hair the way you like? Do makeup the way you like? (or not at all, if you like)

It's okay to be insecure, it really is. No one would fault you for being insecure from time to time, but when you're inhibiting yourself from enjoying life that is not okay.

I am not going to lie and say "Go ahead and flaunt it!" because if it's something you're not comfortable flaunting then you're not going to feel good doing it. You know what? That's okay too! You don't have to show the world your belly to be fabulous.

People come in all shapes and sizes (and colors), they are all equally as lovely as the next:

Girls (and guys) are beautiful skinny, girls are beautiful fat. You can be modest and cute, you can be sexy and provocative and everything in between.

(These are from a specific tumblr page where cosplayers submit their pictures)
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 07-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #3089
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Dat Fluttershy ;_; <33
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #3090
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Thanks Lithium Flower. Would love to see that tumblr page too.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)