Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2012, 02:38 AM   #16
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

I wonder if the Natsume fans expected to find more Natsume stuff in Artist Alley than exhibit hall? But exhibit hall is starting to sell Nyanko-sensei charms. ^_^

I hope your friends can join us too. It'd be awesome to get Taki, Tanuma, and Sasada.
My brother's had a kappa cosplay started for a while now, and I'm trying to get him to drop by our gathering.

Thanks for seeing if you can bring food! We'll iron-out the details later. Maybe I'll bring tealeaves and brew it in the hotel before the gathering. I'd make onigiri, but my mom says that rice spoils easily. I'll check with her how long rice balls might last in a cooler, or I'll bring some other food. Maybe cookies that look like fish or prop rice balls for photos?

Unread 07-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #17
kazumas

@Ki0: Aw, I hope your friends can join us! I would like to have all of Natsume's friends there. The more variety the better. ; u;
Drinking tea sounds like a good idea. I doubt we can bring sake in since it's alcoholic and I'm not sure if they allow that at cons? xD

@mysticdragon3: About NY merchandise, I did expect to see more of it in the dealer's hall than in the artist alley. I saw so many charms and Nyanko-sensei plushies! ; u; For the artist alley I only saw a few prints and buttons. Not a lot, but then again the alley was huge and I didn't get a good look at everything.

Luckily we have a lot of time to sort out food. My sis lives in town, so I usually take the metro from her house to get to the con. So I probably won't be able to bring any drinks.. but I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can borrow a car and drive down. That way I can carry a cooler or something too.
- Kaneki Ken (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Sugawara Koushi (Haikyuu!!)
kazumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazumas View Post
I usually take the metro from her house to get to the con. So I probably won't be able to bring any drinks.. but I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can borrow a car and drive down. That way I can carry a cooler or something too.
Don't go to too much trouble! ^^ You don't even have to bring anything if it's too cumbersome.
I always stay at the Luxe hotel, so it's probably best if I bring the bigger stuff like a cooler. I'll strap one to a dolly or something.

And of course, the sake was just rhetorical. Sensei might get mad about that though... ^.~

Last edited by mysticdragon3 : 07-17-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo
mysticdragon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #19
ztype01

OOhh.. a natsume gathering for 2013. I was Fuzukigami for day 2 and day 3. I'll see if i decide to do it again next year since i'm planning other cosplays but i'm hoping a big turn out for this series.
ztype01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #20
Ki0
Musouka

@mysticdragon3 - That'd be great if your brother could join! Aside from tea, what else do you think would be appropriate to bring? Please let me know if there's anything I can bring! I don't want you to feel like you have to prepare everything! I know it's still a long time from now but I will be sure to let you know what I can think of and bring come next summer before AX :]

@kazumas - I'm glad we don't have to bring any @_@ I don't drink anyways so I don't know what I would've done >< lol
Me too! I'd like it if we could get all sorts of characters! Were you able to spot any other cosplayers? I wasn't able to spot any aside from you, other Natsumes and Houzukis. I saw online that someone took pictures of a Natori, a Fuzuki (that must've been you ztype01!), and a Tsubame! I was sad to find that out because the episode she's in has always been my favorite ;___;
Ki0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
kazumas

@mysticdragon3: I won't get into trouble! My sis loves NY too so she's very supportive of this gathering. xD
But yeah, if I do take the metro next year again, then I probably don't want to carry so many things. ; w;

@ztype01: Fuzukigami! I didn't see you, but I did see pictures of you after the con was over. I wish I got to see and meet you! Hopefully you can make it to this gathering next year. c:

@Ki0: Nooope. u__u
The only cosplayers I saw were you and the Houzukis too. Apparently there were a lot of NY cosplayers around. Just all on different days and stuff. Makes me wish we could have done a gathering this year since it looked like there was enough for one. But at least we can do one for next year. xD
Unread 07-21-2012, 02:57 AM   #22
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztype01 View Post
I was Fuzukigami for day 2 and day 3. I'll see if i decide to do it again next year
Hope to see your Fuzukigami in AX2013! I totally missed out on seeing it this year. ;.;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki0 View Post
Aside from tea, what else do you think would be appropriate to bring? Please let me know if there's anything I can bring! I don't want you to feel like you have to prepare everything! I know it's still a long time from now but I will be sure to let you know what I can think of and bring come next summer before AX :]
Thanks so much for helping! Anything you can bring would be appreciated. I'm expecting this to be a light picnic, so nothing has to be so big. Maybe cookies and crackers? I'm actually more concerned about how the picnic scene will look in the photoshoot, so even prop food is good.

Quote:
I won't get into trouble! My sis loves NY too so she's very supportive of this gathering. xD
But yeah, if I do take the metro next year again, then I probably don't want to carry so many things. ; w;
Of course, I don't want you to carry too much. (I did that this year, and it was not fun. x_x; ) But we have a whole year to figure out what we can and can't do, not to mention ideas for what to bring.

If anyone has more ideas, for both food/drinks to bring, photo poses, or party ideas, please feel free to post! ^o^
Also, I bought a sake set today, so we can pose with those, while actually drinking tea or soda. ^_~
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #23
animekrazy123
Kazuki

love this series and have a plush of nyanko-sensei i got this year. I told myself I'd have to cosplay Natsume if I bought it and now that I've seen this gathering, I MUST JOIN!
[u]
went to PMX 2013
going to ALA 2014
AX 2014
Want to go to Fanime and Comic con
animekrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #24
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekrazy123 View Post
love this series and have a plush of nyanko-sensei i got this year. I told myself I'd have to cosplay Natsume if I bought it and now that I've seen this gathering, I MUST JOIN!
*hypnotic voice* Yesss, you must join our gathering~! *.* /end silly voice ^_~

Can't wait to see you and your Nyanko-sensei plushie next year! I think we're all bringing a Sensei plushie. ^_^ The pile of them will make a great shot!...with a very happy Taki cosplayer (if we get one)! ^o^

When you decide which cosplay you're going to do (or are considering), I'll add you to the list. Or are you planning a Takashi Natsume cosplay?
Bringing snack food or drinks is also optional.
Thanks for joining! ^u^
Unread 07-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
kazumas

Ahh we're going to have so many Natsumes and Nyanko-senseis! It's going to be great. xD ♥

If a certain friend of mine goes with me next year, I might be able to convince her to help me make some Nyanko-sensei shaped cookies or something. She's a great baker. ; v;
But yeah, I'll see what I can bring depending on what transportation I'm using next year~

A sake set! How fun! This gathering is going to be so much fun and I can't wait.
Unread 08-03-2012, 05:20 AM   #26
AriannaSterling
Writerly Nerd

I might attempt to convince my boyfriend that we should have Natsume and Tanuma for AX, perhaps.
AriannaSterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 05:30 AM   #27
animekrazy123
Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticdragon3 View Post
*hypnotic voice* Yesss, you must join our gathering~! *.* /end silly voice ^_~

Can't wait to see you and your Nyanko-sensei plushie next year! I think we're all bringing a Sensei plushie. ^_^ The pile of them will make a great shot!...with a very happy Taki cosplayer (if we get one)! ^o^

When you decide which cosplay you're going to do (or are considering), I'll add you to the list. Or are you planning a Takashi Natsume cosplay?
Bringing snack food or drinks is also optional.
Thanks for joining! ^u^
hmm having a hard time to decide who to cosplay also thinking of other ones for other days XD i will report when i have chosen ! salutes
[u]
went to PMX 2013
going to ALA 2014
AX 2014
Want to go to Fanime and Comic con
animekrazy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #28
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriannaSterling View Post
I might attempt to convince my boyfriend that we should have Natsume and Tanuma for AX, perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by animekrazy123 View Post
hmm having a hard time to decide who to cosplay also thinking of other ones for other days XD i will report when i have chosen ! salutes
Can't wait to hear back from you guys! ^o^ Thanks for considering our gathering!
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #29
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

Quote:
[size=1]If a certain friend of mine goes with me next year, I might be able to convince her to help me make some Nyanko-sensei shaped cookies or something. She's a great baker. ; v;
Nyanko-sensei shaped cookies?! *o* That would be so awesome!
Maybe I'll try to make those cookies that Natsume uses to bribe the mid-level yokai...

AriannaSterling & animekrazy123, I'm updating the list now, so I'll list you guys as maybes, until your plans are definite. Remember, food/drinks are all optional.

Thanks again to everyone for joining in! ^o^

Last edited by mysticdragon3 : 09-21-2012 at 08:08 PM.
mysticdragon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 04:31 AM   #30
mysticdragon3
gathering videographer

bump.
Bought 2 more sake bottles for our photoshoot! ^-^