Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 714 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #2446
kkroxas2011
Banned

Review:

Name of Commissioner: brilikesmoose
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/280897

Character commissioned and series/video game: Azula boots from Avatar the Last Airbender

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8920499&type=3

Timeline: i needed them for september 2(deadline given)

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: At first she was really responsive and seemed enthusiastic about the project. I contacted her via e-mail everyday and she said she needed boots from me but failed to tell me that she did not want lace up boots she could have told me this sooner before sending out my boots. she was rude to my sister and me but whatever thats her deal. i wont write back to her again and i wont commission from her again, and i wont say rude things about her either, i won't say to not commission from her because i cant force no one to do that but i will say this brilikesmoose im sorry things didn't go your way but please return my boots and ill pay you to ship them back to me without those things glues to them.

Final Grade: D-

Last edited by kkroxas2011 : 08-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.
kkroxas2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #2447
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

As a rebuttle to Kkroxas, yes, she sent me the boots. What she failed to mention was that they were LACE-UP BOOTS. You can't attach wonderflex pieces to something that falls apart when you put on the boot. I told her that I could.not use these boots for this commission and I asked her what I should.do. She said just send them back, I'll pay I'm Friday. Come Friday (today), she gets her 'sister' to e-mail.me saying I'm scamming her and she's.not.going to pay the labor fees for the commission. I did in fact make the parts, paint and seal them. They are nit attachable. I told her to get better boots, possibly rain boots. I believe she is trying to rip.me off because when I told.her I would try.my best to attach them even though its probably.not going to stay or look good, she told me to just keep the boots because I am 'wasting bee time'. After I finished the boots todaybeven though I knew they wouldn't stay, she has ignored me since.

Commissioners BEWARE.

Edit: She posted this review without giving me any chance to try and solve it, and when I told her I got them on their (even though they won't stay) she said keep them and is ignoring My emails.

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE

Last edited by Ninbri : 07-13-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Ninbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #2448
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

^ I think you should both try working this whole ordeal out then attacking each other on the commissioner review thread. It would just be more professional in that sense, if not, then you'll both have this negative feedback sitting here on the review thread and I'm sure that won't help later on with your customers. BUT! That's just my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #2449
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay Magic

Website/C.com gallery: cosplaymagic.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Black Naruto Headband

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplaymagic.com/nanilevihebl1.html

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/t...702_002628.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process) 3 weeks

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. Needed this headband for a Naruto Party I was going to in like a month. It was a very good price and I was expecting something cheap and plastic. It arrived fast and It was just like the headbands that cost like $20 in stores! I really love it. Ive even worn it as a everyday thing and ppl come up to me and say nice headband. Its made very well.

Final Grade: A+

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #2450
English_Child

Name of commissioner: Brilikesmoose

Website/forum profile:http://www.cosplay.com/member/280897

Character commissioned and series: A Raichu gijinka/Pokemon

Picture of item: I didn't really have a set-in-stone idea so I talked it over with her and this was the turn out!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...25176899_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...57815955_n.jpg

Time it took: Maybe a month? Not long and was shipped very quickly!

Pros/cons:
VERY responsive with e-mails, she takes pride in being a quick responder and answers all questions in a professional manner. We had a little hiccup because I share a PayPal account with my mother who doesn't really know prices that well. But she kept her calm and was very understanding. She knows how to put herself in other's shoes and is very considerate.

The hiccup was the only con but that was my fault. The costume was a success and a lot of people love it. It was simple and cute!

She is very keen on making customers happy and always checks her e-mails and sends tons of progress pictures! It was my first time ever commissioning someone and I'm really happy it was someone as reliable as her! Will gladly ask her for commissions in the future! Maybe a supa' cute Cyndaquil gijinka!

Grade: A+ Professional, considerate and cute designs!

Last edited by English_Child : 07-13-2012 at 11:28 PM.
English_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #2451
kkroxas2011
Banned

Review:

Name of Commissioner: cowsrcute

Website/forum profile:http://www.cosplay.com/member/208228

Character commissioned and series: Lizzy red dress from Black Butler and Ash jacket from season 1

Picture of item: I really loved it and here is two pictures one is the lizzy and the other is ash
Lizzy
Ash

Time it took: it took less than 3 weeks to make, she shipped it really quick to but was cutting it close to my con that i was going.

Pros/cons:
SHE WAS SUPER, she was in contact with me alot even at night when it was like 12AM lols at midnight, she would ask me alot on my measurements and also she made not double sure but quadruple sure lols, very kind woman and she send me so many progress photos too I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GETTING COSPLAY COMMISSIONS FROM HER! the bad part? NONE she was so awesome and very flexible with me paying her in installments

I will purchase from again!

Grade: A+ AWESOME, PROFESSIONAL, ACCURATE AND WON'T LET YOU DOWN!

Last edited by kkroxas2011 : 07-13-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #2452
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Name of Commissioner: cosplaymagic

Website/forum profile: cosplaymagic.com

Character commissioned and series: naruto sand headband

Picture of item:
Time it took: 5 weeks

Pros/cons: Was smaller than i had thought..but ok

Grade: C-

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 07-16-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #2453
usuyukisou

^ This thread is actually only for commissioners/merchants you have actually completed transactions with.
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #2454
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Fixed..dang police LOL..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #2455
Sapph
Promised the east

Name of commissioner: Erisaka

Website/forum profile: http://www.cosplay.com/member/41869

Character commissioned and series: Aranea - MSP Homestuck

Picture of item:
None taken right now.

Time it took: Three weeks from my order date to delivery date.

Pros/cons:
Very responsive and in a timely manner. I had the chance to discuss fabric choices and construction preferences. She was quick to update me whenever I inquired about my commission, and provided pictures and shipping dates. The construction itself is very clean, and the dress fits wonderfully. This is my second commission with Erisaka, and she's always been a pleasure to deal with. The shipping itself was prompt, and arrived with delivery confirmation that I didn't need to ask for. Beautiful work.

Grade: A+
Sapph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #2456
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Name of Merchant: agree518
Item purchased (please include quantity): Stocking Wig (Panty and Stocking w/ Garterbelt)
Link to Item
Links to picture(s) of your received item: None, sorry.
Timeline (how long your order took to process: July 5th - July 17

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: I was planning on cosplaying Stocking form Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and their wig looked like just what I wanted. They seemed to have great reviews, so I ordered the item. I got it fairly quickly, as it took a little under two weeks to get here. This was all great, but when I opened the package, things went downhill from here.

The wig came in poor condition, being extremely tangled. Upon further inspection, there was a small tear in the cap of the wig. Even with the faults, I decided to get my friend to try and untangle it. She'd worked with long wigs before, and she got to work. As she tried to untangle it, much of the blue hair began to come out even on the slightest tug. It was a complete nightmare to work with. Some of the knots were impossible to get untanglede without just tearing them out (though we didn't). Eventually we gave up, and disappointed I contacted the seller for a refund.

They responded quickly, and I inquired about a full refund. This required a bit of back and forth due to the language barrier (the seller is Chinese), but after about three or four days, everything got sorted out and they agreed to a 100% refund (minus the fee of shipping the item back to them). I'll be shipping the item back in the next few business days.

Final Grade: C-. The product I received was terrible, but at least they were very friendly and responded quickly. They understood the issues I had with the product and agreed to a refund, so I'm pretty much content.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely

Last edited by Fish-and-Chips-Yum : 08-08-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #2457
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Commissioner: Magnavox

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/14692

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s.../Ohanaref6.jpg

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://s579.photobucket.com/albums/s...anacosplay.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About three months

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: Magnavox is extremely friendly and pleasant to talk to. Her rates are very fair (this entire costume cost me $170, which I think is an amazing price for a fully lined kimono-style thing) and her work is amazing. When I didn't like the color of the fabric, she dyed it the color I wanted for no extra charge, which I thought was pretty great. I didn't give her a deadline for when I needed this costume, and I still got it after only three months.

Cons: Only thing wrong is that the bow on the costume is dyed a bit (maybe a shade) darker than the rest of the fabric, but I don't really care.

Comments: The bottom ended up being a bit big on me, but that's a combination of me being nervous and asking for an extra inch and half added onto the waist and losing a couple pounds. It's not at all a big deal as I know someone who can take it in for me.

Extremely friendly, fair rates, wonderful work, true to measurements.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Emily (The Corpse Bride), Sayaka Miki [mermaid] (Madoka Magica), Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Sai (Fragile Dreams)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo

Last edited by Oniigiri_Basket : 08-31-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #2458
atemluver
07 Ghost? 07 ghost.

Name of Commissioner: Cocosilverhk

Website/C.com gallery: http://stores.ebay.com/COCOSILVERHK-...id=p4340.l2563

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Meltdown Rin from vocaloid (costume incleded gloves, dress, head band, boot covers, and a lot more)
http://images.wikia.com/vocaloidsong...ltdown_002.png

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: (Will upload soon) but it basically looks EXACTLY like their picture so here's their picture, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vocaloid-2-H...#ht_3808wt_952

Timeline (how long your order took to process): From July 3rd to July 28th

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros: The costume looks AMAZING I love it so much! the gloves and the boot covers/long socks and the head band are better then I ever could have dreamed!!! They were very quick even though I wanted a custom size because I heard they ran small. The dress fits, well not beautifully but it's not too small so I can make it however tight I want. The sewing on everything was great! every line is strait and professionally done, the gloves and leg thingies are made of the BEST fabric ever! also on the yellow lines (i'll upload a pic in a few days so you can see) is not painted on like i thought it's made of this weird but amazing material that's hard yet it bends so well O_o it's cool. Also we had great communication and I wanted them to change the gloves a bit and they did just that and i'm so happy!

Cons: Okay so the neck strap is WAY to big so we have to put another thing of Velcro on it to make it fit. Also the boot covers/sock like thingies are too long but I think that's my fault because when I measured my leg I measured from my thigh =/ also the dress is a tad large on me but that's completely my fault because I wanted to make sure I fit because I was just paranoid. >< but it's not that big of a deal better have it large then small right? Also the holes by the arm pit are very large so I can't wear a normal bra under it or it, I either need one that cuts down lower or idk. also it got a small rip in the stitches in the back

Comments: All in all it is a great costume they used wonderful materials and i LOVE the gloves~~~! *hugs* if not for some of the issues (although most are completely my fault) I would give it an A+ so instead it gets an 98% A *update* I told Cocosilverk what I liked about their costume and what I didn't like and they said they were very sorry and on my next purchase of theirs they'd give me 10% off O_o Amazing. So my advice to you is if there's something you don't like, something you want changed ASK they WILL fix it =D so with that said I'll give them an A+ because I think they deserve it.

Last edited by atemluver : 07-30-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: new information
atemluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #2459
kkroxas2011
Banned

Review:

Name of Commissioner: cosplay.com/wigs

Website/forum profile: http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs.html

Character commissioned and series: a platinum wig

Picture of item: heres one

Time it took: it took less than 2 weeks to be shipped to me. was fast shipping.

Pros/cons:
the pros were that it was the right color that i needed and also it got delivered to me fast, cons where that they didn't contact me when they shipped it and didn't give me a tracking number when i requested it. but all in all it was awesome

Grade:B+
Unread 07-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #2460
kkroxas2011
Banned

Review:

Name of Commissioner: errido

Website/forum profile: http://www.cosplay.com/member/242473/

Character commissioned and series: sora and vanitas wig

Picture of item: i have one picture of each wig
sora
vanitas

Time it took: it took more than 4 weeks to be shipped to me.

Pros/cons:
pros were that it fit me and she did communicate with me, she did let me do payment plans with her too. was really a nice person. i did like the wigs. cons were that she communicated with me very little i did have to write to her by emails and comments on her ads i left her so many pms but she did later on let me know that she was on vacation. the wigs did take longer to get to me but it was fine.

all in all it was nice, and she did try to resolve things i will commission from her again

Grade:B+