Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photo Critique

Unread 07-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
ChaosFoxCostuming

Critique my photo's and help me improve

I'm just a cosplayer but I've always been interested in photography since I got into cosplay as a fun hobby. I saved up for a nice starter DSLR camera. I'm using a Nikon D3100 it's been used and I got a great deal for it price wise it's in great condition. The lens I'm using is a 18-55 so a basic lens. Aside from using multiple friends camera's at cons I haven't really gotten that much practice in but I know my way around the camera even if I don't actually know what I'm doing if that makes sense lol?

I haven't had much to practice on but all of my pets so I've been using them as practice subjects the last few days in my free time. They are very hard to take photo's of lots of patience waiting for the right time only to miss it over and over since they are so unpredictable.

I just wanted a bit of a critique on my photo's and how to improve cause I see that I need improvement but have no clue where to start. One of my biggest issue's is I tend to shake slightly since my hands just happen to be unsteady due to health problems. Any tips on how to hold the camera better or equipment I could use? The shakes are not a constant btw.

here are all the photo's any help is appreciated.

http://thecosplayfox.deviantart.com/gallery/

Oh yeah forgot to say that there has been no photo editing done to these picture's. I know a bit about photoshop because of my art background but didn't feel I should really be trying to learn how to photo edit as of right now since I'm not really sure where to start on that aspect either.

Last edited by ChaosFoxCostuming : 07-21-2012 at 01:46 AM.
ChaosFoxCostuming is offline   Reply With Quote