Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #5041
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Meanwhile in Penny Arcade:
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/10/10

DEEEPP CROOWWW!!!!

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #5042
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I think I'm at the end of Xenoblade, at least I hope so. The endgame of this thing is the biggest mess in an RPG that I've seen since...well, Xenogears.

Monolith has ABSOLUTELY ZERO IDEA how to balance the end of their games. Even if the rest of the game is brilliant, they've provided a hard stop in me wanting to complete it due to poorly designed areas, bad camera systems, poor handling of leveling and stupid stupid STUPID bosses rushes. I fought NINE BOSSES IN A ROW because of the poor pacing of the story. Fucking terrible.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #5043
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

I think I have a new favorite 3DS game, and it's name is Theatrhythm. Even my sister is enjoying this game! This game is fun, has a lot of content, and really frakkin cute. As others have said in this thread, they should make a Final Fantasy game where the combat plays like this. It might get tiring after a while, but I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more than turn-based button mashing.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #5044
StripperANBU
Cynical Nice Guy...

umvc3. figuring out how to kill phoenix with 5 bars without her activating. ive got morrigan down. felicia next. then hawkeye.

ANBU:Not just cosplay...Its our way of life
StripperANBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #5045
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I think I have a new favorite 3DS game, and it's name is Theatrhythm. Even my sister is enjoying this game! This game is fun, has a lot of content, and really frakkin cute. As others have said in this thread, they should make a Final Fantasy game where the combat plays like this. It might get tiring after a while, but I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more than turn-based button mashing.
I am still trying to unlock everything. Also some of the Battle Music on Ultimate is really tough!
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #5046
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I am still trying to unlock everything. Also some of the Battle Music on Ultimate is really tough!
I'm also still trying to unlock everything and I'm still kind of learning the game and trying to figure out why certain things do what they do. And I agree, I tried some of the battle music on Ultimate and almost immediately failed. Right now I'm going through the Dark Notes.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #5047
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I'm also still trying to unlock everything and I'm still kind of learning the game and trying to figure out why certain things do what they do. And I agree, I tried some of the battle music on Ultimate and almost immediately failed. Right now I'm going through the Dark Notes.
Yeah, I finally had to look online to see how the Chaos Shrine worked. But it seems that some crystal colors are a lot harder to get than others? They were dropping like crazy for me at first but now that I've unlocked a bunch of characters, I'm hardly getting any. Plus the game was really easy at first and so I was leveling everyone up evenly. For efficiency's sake I think I would have been better off maxing out 4 characters first. Oh well. :/
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #5048
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripperANBU View Post
umvc3. figuring out how to kill phoenix with 5 bars without her activating. ive got morrigan down. felicia next. then hawkeye.
You can't. It's an unrepeatable glitch when it happens.

Unread 07-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #5049
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I didn't beat Xenoblade, but I'm fucking done with it. Talk about a trainwreck, for every 1 interesting thing it does, it does 10 things poorly. Bad camera, bad ai, bad controls, systems that stop working for no reason, poor explanation of said systems, bad inventory system, bad quest system, and a the end of the game, it just throws everything that you've managed to figure out about the combat system out the window in lue of random buffs and debuffs which you have no control over.

Fuck this game.

Unread 07-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #5050
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Replaying Mario 3 for the GBA, because it's Mario 3, and I can play it on the DS Lite's GBA slot. No further reasons are needed.

Saint Row 2 and I are on a temporary break. As fun as the game can be, it's also buggy as hell. I've failed a ton of missions due to falling through streets, the game freezing, weapons not responding, slow-down. Hopefully I can power through it later this week and get cracking on SR The 3rd.

Put another 2 hours in PA episode 3, which is a fantastic take on the JRPG genre during the 16-bit era. Those w/XBL or Steam should grab it immediately (If your Penny Arcade faitful that is).

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to be that faux radical. Never listen to a college student's opinion about anything. Secretly, they're just as dumb as high school kids, perhaps even more so." -Drew Magary
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #5051
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Been addicted to beating sons'a bitches up. The only things my PS Triple has seen in the last week have been Anarchy Reigns, Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (very, very fun game for local bro-op, by the way), and Nier.
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:40 AM   #5052
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

My imported copy of Persona 4 the Golden finally arrived in the mail. I only just started and there's already so much additions to the game. You can bet that this is the only game I'll be playing until Persona 4 Arena and the English localization of Persona 4 Golden hits.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #5053
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I was going to play more Penny Arcade last night, BUT THEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT YOU CAN TRY TO RECRUIT EMMA FROST FOR AVENGERS ALLIANCE SO I'M WORKING ON THAT.

I also refuse to comment on how much time I've put into that Facebook game.

Unread 07-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #5054
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
I was going to play more Penny Arcade last night, BUT THEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED THAT YOU CAN TRY TO RECRUIT EMMA FROST FOR AVENGERS ALLIANCE SO I'M WORKING ON THAT.

I also refuse to comment on how much time I've put into that Facebook game.
Part of the problem.

Unread 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #5055
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Part of the problem.
Not sure if trolling or serious.