Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #5056
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Trolling. I don't care about facebook stuff to really join either side of that argument.

Thinking about starting "a boy and his blob" today. Dunno. We'll see how I feel after playing Gym for a while.

Edit: Alright, back from the gym, pretty good workout, now time to watch some Buffy the Vampire Sla-hey-hey-hey! Little Big Planet KART public demo automatically downloaded into my PS3?

Well let's give this a whirl.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 07-25-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #5057
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Trolling. I don't care about facebook stuff to really join either side of that argument.

Thinking about starting "a boy and his blob" today. Dunno. We'll see how I feel after playing Gym for a while.
Fair enough. While not aimed at you, I don't understad what the problem w/ FB games are in a world where ppl pay $20 for day 1 on-disc DLC or map packs.

And are we talking "A Boy on His Bob" for the Wii? By Way Forward? You should, it's a pretty cool guy, not as cruel as the NES one, doesn't afraid of anything.

Meanwhile, I got the "Fake" ending for PA Episode 3 last night, which is also a "bad" ending. Will attempt to do it right tonight.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #5058
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Fair enough. While not aimed at you, I don't understad what the problem w/ FB games are in a world where ppl pay $20 for day 1 on-disc DLC or map packs.

And are we talking "A Boy on His Bob" for the Wii? By Way Forward? You should, it's a pretty cool guy, not as cruel as the NES one, doesn't afraid of anything.

Meanwhile, I got the "Fake" ending for PA Episode 3 last night, which is also a "bad" ending. Will attempt to do it right tonight.
Is that WayForward? Damn, I'm definitely playing it. Nothing pisses me off more than the fact that I can't play Mighty Switch Force in HD because NINTENDO...

Unread 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #5059
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Is that WayForward? Damn, I'm definitely playing it. Nothing pisses me off more than the fact that I can't play Mighty Switch Force in HD because NINTENDO...
YUP!

http://www.wayforward.com/games/#blob

MSF isn't a 3rd party Nintendo exclusive right? That series needs a PSN/XBLA port.

Also I had NO CLUE they were working on a Silent Hill game. Too bad it's on the VITA.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #5060
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Finished Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC. There's still 4 achievements left but I felt like finishing the story was a good time to take a break.

So I started up Assassin's Creed: Revelations. What did they do to Desmond's face?! I haven't had a lot of time to sit down with it yet but it's all right so far. Same issues as before, more of the same stuff, etc. I'm looking forward to playing as Altair again, whenever that finally happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes (very, very fun game for local bro-op, by the way)
YES. My boyfriend and I play this a lot, and when I was in Japan in April I picked up the newest release of it for more characters to mess around with. We also like playing Samurai & Dynasty Warriors, but Sengoku Basara has a great extra wacky feel to it.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #5061
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
YUP!

http://www.wayforward.com/games/#blob

MSF isn't a 3rd party Nintendo exclusive right? That series needs a PSN/XBLA port.

Also I had NO CLUE they were working on a Silent Hill game. Too bad it's on the VITA.
As far as I know MSF is DS/Wii-ware exclusive under the same deal that Cave Story was. So the best we can hope for is a steam port (which I would take...), which is pretty bogus.

Yeah...that silent hill game...I dunno man. I guess they've built up enough street cred to dive in without questioning it too much, but an isometric Seiken Detsetsu style RPG as a silent hill game? I dunno man...

Unread 07-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #5062
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
As far as I know MSF is DS/Wii-ware exclusive under the same deal that Cave Story was. So the best we can hope for is a steam port (which I would take...), which is pretty bogus.

Yeah...that silent hill game...I dunno man. I guess they've built up enough street cred to dive in without questioning it too much, but an isometric Seiken Detsetsu style RPG as a silent hill game? I dunno man...
It will still be better than Downpour....lmao.

Also, Wayforward is making that Adventure Time game. WHY AREN'T WE GETTING A BUNDLE WITH A 3DS THAT LOOKS LIKE BMO. I WOULD KILL A MAN FOR ONE. SEVERAL MEN EVEN.

Unread 07-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #5063
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Boyfriend & I finally beat Diablo III last night, so today we played Borderlands instead. I forgot how much I liked that game!

I had an Assassin's Creed: Revelations break followed by Bejeweled 3 and then some Puzzle Quest time. I remember Puzzle Quest being more fun, or maybe it's just the boring tutorial that did me in. D:

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #5064
Kenmichi
Death by photograph.

My girlfriend got me a PSVita for my birthday. I've been taking it everywhere I go, thankfully the vehicle I work out of has outlets built into it. Score!

She got Uncharted: Golden Abyss with it, and then I bought P3P a few days later. I've been loving P3P so much.

Now about 2 months ago I bought ME2 and 3 for my PS3 and couldn't bring my PS3 and all accessories with me to Germany on my initial trip. Long story short everything is on a boat somewhere and I am JONESING to get back into ME2. I was loving every second of that game, even if I didn't know what I was doing. In fact I'm pretty sure I'm playing my character build incorrectly. I was using a gun way too much for a force user.

I also have Skyrim for the PS3 now to get into and I have to catch up on me Assassin's Creed series to get ready for 3 (which is going to be /amazing/).
Unread 07-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #5065
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Kingdom Hearts 3DS. Nintendo World broke street date for a Squeenix event.

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #5066
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I beat the Water Temple in OoT 3D.

>=|

What the hell, thanks ya bunch of pussies, you got your wish, water temple is pathetic now, even on master quest.

Zelda 1 second quest and Zelda 2 called, it wants you to man the fuck up.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #5067
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Finally got a 3DS, and Kid Icarus: Uprising. (I was thinking of waiting for the XL, but since it doesn't have a 2nd analog built in, there goes my interest.) Great game, I'm close to the end already, but... if anyone else has the game, have they noticed their left trigger creaking/squeaking due to the game's heavy demand for its usage? (It doesn't seem to affect the gameplay, it's just... noisy.)
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #5068
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Finally got a 3DS, and Kid Icarus: Uprising. (I was thinking of waiting for the XL, but since it doesn't have a 2nd analog built in, there goes my interest.) Great game, I'm close to the end already, but... if anyone else has the game, have they noticed their left trigger creaking/squeaking due to the game's heavy demand for its usage? (It doesn't seem to affect the gameplay, it's just... noisy.)
I gotta say - even though I don't even use the 3D, I'm kind of impressed with the 3DS. It just feels better than my regular DS. I haven't played it enough to be more articulate about it than that. Don't know if I will get my own at this point or just continue to mooch off of my son. Definitely getting a Vita for AC:Liberation though.

Meanwhile, I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII - Chapter 11: The Game for weeks because:

1. I want to do the side missions but suspect that once I finish the game I won't go back.
2. I refuse to just flat out grind.
3. I refuse to upgrade Lightning's Weapon because I am too cheap to buy the one I want when I know that I can pick it up for free in Chapter 12 and I am too cheap to upgrade two weapons for her.
4. I have a strong, you're-not-the-boss-of-me reflex. "You think this is too hard for me? You think I'm afraid of a challenge? Just watch me."

So I'm usually fighting way above my pay grade and it takes me forever. Totally my own fault.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #5069
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I gotta say - even though I don't even use the 3D, I'm kind of impressed with the 3DS. It just feels better than my regular DS. I haven't played it enough to be more articulate about it than that. Don't know if I will get my own at this point or just continue to mooch off of my son. Definitely getting a Vita for AC:Liberation though.

Meanwhile, I've been playing Final Fantasy XIII - Chapter 11: The Game for weeks because:

1. I want to do the side missions but suspect that once I finish the game I won't go back.
2. I refuse to just flat out grind.
3. I refuse to upgrade Lightning's Weapon because I am too cheap to buy the one I want when I know that I can pick it up for free in Chapter 12 and I am too cheap to upgrade two weapons for her.
4. I have a strong, you're-not-the-boss-of-me reflex. "You think this is too hard for me? You think I'm afraid of a challenge? Just watch me."

So I'm usually fighting way above my pay grade and it takes me forever. Totally my own fault.
-FYI on FF13-some of those sidequests you CAN'T be until you finish the game. So keep that in mind.
-I'm holding off until the 3DS gigante drops because Mrs. SW824's current one gets mad uncomfortable in my hands after playing it for more than 20 minutes. This is a severe first worst problem, if I'm going to drop $200+ on a handheld, I rather not be in pain while playing it.
-My friends and I played hell of fighting games this past weekend, as it was NOTAKON weekend, and that is what we do instead of dying of heat in Baltimore. This year's roulette of games consisted of Skullgirls (Which I <3), Virtual Fighter 5:FS, Time Killers, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, World Heroes, some other Neo Geo game I can't remember which was terrible, and Soul Calibur. I actually won the tourney this year, which was dope, because I stopped being sober 2 games in.
-Beat Penny Arcade episode 3, which ended on a cliff hanger, and got DARK. Real dark. The narrative for this game is fairly impressive for a $5 retro J-rpg. I started The Darkness 2: The Darkening, which seems kind of shallow, but I'm liking it so far.

Unread 07-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #5070
Uni-Light001
Enternal Cupcake Stalker

I really do enjoy playing on a whole range of games throughout my day. At the moment, I'm playing on Animal Crossing Wild World, Kingdom Hearts 358/ 2 days, Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5 and a couple of the Professor Layton games.
Uni-Light001 is offline   Reply With Quote