Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 07-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #31
Aqueoua
Costume Addict

Trying very hard to put together a Lila Cheney cosplay, but not sure if I can even afford the ticket to NYCC since they cut down my hours. :[

Any suggestions for Lila are appreciated! I'm mixing up her 80s outfit with some 2000s appearances.
Aqueoua is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #32
EuphoricLolita

On Friday, I'm going as Rainbow Dash. ^^
EuphoricLolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #33
Mittelmorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeronSHB View Post
If I make it... Luigi and Solid Snake
I'll be there as big boss, sounds like we got ourselves a sneaking mission.
Unread 07-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #34
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
Funny how I was debating between your wife and Amora for a cosplay.
Then Amora won >:
I assure you, you'd be the first person to cosplay my wife. I'm sure that would both creep her out and flatter her.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH, YOU MEAN JEAN! Well technically I guess she's "my ex", what with being dead and what not...for now... <<;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqueoua View Post
Trying very hard to put together a Lila Cheney cosplay, but not sure if I can even afford the ticket to NYCC since they cut down my hours. :[

Any suggestions for Lila are appreciated! I'm mixing up her 80s outfit with some 2000s appearances.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our winner for most obscure Marvel cosplay at NYCC 2012.

I have little to no experience with Lila, outside of the dress she wore in the Jean/Scott wedding issue from like..'94 (god I am comparatively old for this site), but doesnt she have a all-black outfit from her more "recent" appearances?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
Hayroon
Vampire Hunter

There's a chance that I might be able to go on Friday now, if so, I'll go as Finn the Human since I already have everything but the pack, although I'd have the mastersword and a DragonQuest shirt, but close enough. I'll also be a spaghetti western Link on Saturday instead of ALttP Link.
Hayroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:29 AM   #36
Aqueoua
Costume Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our winner for most obscure Marvel cosplay at NYCC 2012.

I have little to no experience with Lila, outside of the dress she wore in the Jean/Scott wedding issue from like..'94 (god I am comparatively old for this site), but doesnt she have a all-black outfit from her more "recent" appearances?
WOO! Most obscure!

But seriously, Lila Cheney is the shit. Nightcrawler got nothing on her teleporting abilities. And she's inspired by Joan Jett, how much more pwned can Dazzler be? Doesn't even compare to the fantastic-ness of Lila.

I have seen that dress in that panel from Jean and Scott's wedding issue. Totally cannot do that. Finding pictures of this woman is impossible.

If it makes it any less obscure, my boyfriend was going to cosplay as Cannonball. >_>
Aqueoua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #37
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqueoua View Post
WOO! Most obscure!

But seriously, Lila Cheney is the shit. Nightcrawler got nothing on her teleporting abilities. And she's inspired by Joan Jett, how much more pwned can Dazzler be? Doesn't even compare to the fantastic-ness of Lila.

I have seen that dress in that panel from Jean and Scott's wedding issue. Totally cannot do that. Finding pictures of this woman is impossible.

If it makes it any less obscure, my boyfriend was going to cosplay as Cannonball. >_>
Cannonball did show up in an truley awful episode of the final season of the 90s "X-Men" cartoon and has made cameos in various animated shows since. I guess that counts as something.

I refuse to get involved in any Dazzler/Lila debates, as I have several friends who will END me if I bad mouth Dazzler. But in terms of teleporters, everyone is 2nd place after Pixie. TIDY!

And if you're looking to save $$$ you could always apply to be a part-time volunteer for NYCC. Free badge and t-shirt!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #38
DPWolf

I'm hoping to go Friday-Sunday, if it works out I'll be going as Tifa, Korra, and Oki. I've been trying to go for more than a day for the past two years but it's not worked out yet lol.

2012 Conventions/Events
Star Wars Celebration VI
Star Wars Reads Day
NYCC
Toys on the Hudson
DPWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

My sister and I are going Fri-Sun.
I think Fri we're doing our Avengers lolita group. Saturday I'm pretty sure is not up to us, I think we have to wear our new Assassin's Creed costumes with that group. And Sunday I guess will be Adventure Time.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV); Scarlet Witch(Uncanny Avengers)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
legendofsora
LegendofSora

Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3
legendofsora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #41
Pawprint29

Batman Returns Catwoman! Not sure which day though; got a three day pass.
Unread 08-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #42
PumpkinBat
Game Loser

White Raven from the Teen Titans season four finale and Fluttershy. I got most of the stuff I needed today, I just need to decide what else I'll wear (I'm going for three days).
PumpkinBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #43
LockedxxHeart

I'm planning on making Robin's costume from the first season of Young Justice.
I'm also planning a cosplay of the 11th Doctor for a Doctor Who group.
And my third cosplay is still up in the air, most like a non-anime one though.
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #44
MrParadox
Friend or Foe

Going officially as Ryu Terui AKA Kamen Rider Accel this year. HENSHIN!!!!
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
RogueMimzy
back after a hiatus~

Hoping to make it to NYCC, since I haven't been to many cons in the past few years. Not sure what days I'll be able to be there, but I'm working on a steampunky Scarlet Witch and maybe some form of Wonder Woman if time and finances permit.

Are there any plans for Avengers/X-dude/Marvel gatherings/etc yet?
See you at Miraicon | CPAC | Connecticon | Otakon | NYCC | Derpycon
facebook
RogueMimzy is offline   Reply With Quote