Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #91
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Congratulations.

What sort of thing are you getting published?

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #92
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I found out they had powdered Yoohoo drink mix at the store the other day. It's only five calories a packet, and paired with skim milk, it makes for a very healthy, tasty drink.

Doing 18 miles on a bike at the gym three times a week has tightened up my belly real nice and has started toning my legs. I'm thin, but have been dissatisfied with my untoned belly for years, so I was extremely happy to see this.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #93
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
I found out they had powdered Yoohoo drink mix at the store the other day. It's only five calories a packet, and paired with skim milk, it makes for a very healthy, tasty drink.
Where can I find myself some powdered Yoohoo!? You must tell me!!

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #94
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Mostly happy but slightly sad event..
Good news- Got my first girlfriend~
Bad news- She lives across the country from me.

...I'm still happy though
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #95
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Where can I find myself some powdered Yoohoo!? You must tell me!!
I found it at Wal-Mart. It comes in chocolate and strawberry.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #96
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I've just realised that the feelies in the special edition of Borderlands 2 just aren't worth it (a digital copy of a comic I'll never read, an artbook I'll look at once and discard and a bobble head which'll share the fate of my Vault Boy bobble head).

Instead, I've prepurchased the preorder edition from steam (which'll include all the stuff worth having) for a 10% discount on top of being about £20 cheaper. I've used the difference to by myself a copy of Fallout: NV to tide me over. And some coffee (which was also at a 10% discount because I had a code).

10% discounts all around! ^w^

Unread 07-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #97
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I've just realised that the feelies in the special edition of Borderlands 2 just aren't worth it (a digital copy of a comic I'll never read, an artbook I'll look at once and discard and a bobble head which'll share the fate of my Vault Boy bobble head).
Aren't most collector's edition just packaged with stuff that doesn't see much use past one look over or as an art piece?

Thinking back, the only collector's editions that came with stuff I've used have been the Splinter Cell: Conviction limited edition (USB card key, but some slots can't use it). Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (USB card key again, until it busted from using it with my 360) and the record of agarest war special edition (Mousepad and pillow case).

Otherwise it's all soundtracks that I ripped once to put on an HD, artbooks I gave a brief look or collectible figures that accumulate dust on my shelves :/
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #98
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
Aren't most collector's edition just packaged with stuff that doesn't see much use past one look over or as an art piece?

Thinking back, the only collector's editions that came with stuff I've used have been the Splinter Cell: Conviction limited edition (USB card key, but some slots can't use it). Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2 (USB card key again, until it busted from using it with my 360) and the record of agarest war special edition (Mousepad and pillow case).

Otherwise it's all soundtracks that I ripped once to put on an HD, artbooks I gave a brief look or collectible figures that accumulate dust on my shelves :/
Yes, although I got a lot of mileage out of Bioshock 2's special edition (I still have the posters on my wall) and the Fallout 3 SE had a lunchbox I used a few times at uni.

The standard edition comes with the free DLC and bonus equipment, which is really all that matters in the end.

Unread 07-31-2012, 04:49 AM   #99
Tsukasa Hiiragi
Resident Airhead

Some good cheerful news for me :3 Less than a month until Guild Wars 2 comes out!! yayyay! I'm still playing Diablo III at the moment and making occasionally money which will all be spent on acquiring some cosplay outfits.

Other news, even though I've been pigging out on cookies lately, I've actually lost some weight around my waist around, I've gone down from a 42" waist to a 40" and now to a 38", I even managed to fit into my Lucky Star Winter Uniform skirt which is a 36" Needless to say, that gave me a massive confidence boost for my dieting and exercise, I need to keep this up without giving in to massive fast food temptations.

~Future Cosplays~
Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Misaki Ayuzawa (Maid Sama)

Facebook - Slice of Life Anime Club
My Gaming/Anime Livestream
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #100
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat; I've been on a diet and some extra exercise for the last three weeks to lose some excess weight I put on at a visit to my boyfriend's (he lives a few minutes walk from a sweetshop, an ice cream parlour, a corner store AND a bakery! D: ). I was up to 155-in the last six months or so, my usual amount of exercise and eating habits has me at 152-, and now I'm down to 150 (possible a pound or two less, it's hard to tell on a bathroom scale). I have lost actual fat around all the spots I'm measuring each week, but being only five pounds it's not exactly noticeable. And then keeping this up til Friday evening when boyfriend comes to visit Friday-Tuesday where I'll be taking a break for delicious dining with him. Though we're also going to the waterpark and doing quite a bit of walking (and other things, winkwinknudgenudge), so hopefully that all keeps me from putting anything else on again.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 07-31-2012 at 10:33 AM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #101
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Man, it seems today was my lucky day! I went downtown, and while there bought a scratch card; won nine bucks. Got another card with some of the winnings (they're $3) and won AGAIN. On the walk home, encountered an adorable little nuthatch making his way around a big old tree and had a nice entertaining watch in the shade for a good ten minutes. Then got home, and went to Value Village to look for Quorra boots later in the evening, and found PERFECT boots! Squee!
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #102
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
Mostly happy but slightly sad event..
Good news- Got my first girlfriend~
Bad news- She lives across the country from me.

...I'm still happy though
Congratulations! ^^ I'm in a long distance relationship as well and while it is hard, it is all worthwhile in the end...

On that note, after a slight fight with my boyfriend last night, we made up and everything is okay now so I'm rather happy about that.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #103
defectedmodel
Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Congratulations.

What sort of thing are you getting published?
Sorry for the late reply!

Thank you!

An illustration in a children's magazine that I made at my internship
Biker Sailor Saturn - Saturday night

Facebook Page :3
defectedmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #104
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

@defected: Oooooh congrats! :'D

So my driving lessons have been going really well, and I can't wait to show my mom the progress I've made so far. >w< Hopefully she'll see how we'll I've come along and she won't nag about it. :V
[Hatsune Miku-Common World Domination]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #105
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

In 8 hours I'll be on a plane and heading to San Francisco again~