Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4006 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #51556
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
Trying to convince my parents to let me go to Sakura Con 2013. I MUST MEET VIC MIGNOGNA. ;A;
I hope you can come! : D It's my favorite con.

If they let you go, you should come to the Coscom Lunch Meetup~ ArmoredHeart and I ran it last con and it was a lot of fun! I'm planning on trying to organize it again for next year too. We went to Westlake Mall for cheap food (I got a strawberry and almond and custard crepe) and had bite-sized brownies and went to Daiso.

You'll be at Aki-Con, right? o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #51557
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
DECORATING. FWEEE!

My dream has always been to have at least one room in my home that was a library. As in JUST library, not a multipurpose room. Nope. All the walls covered in bookshelves. Big fluffy reading chairs. Good lighting. Big open windows. Awe man.

My second dream room is a studio, with a really nice drafting table, lamps that have sliding lights overhead the table so I can adjust my lighting, keep all my supplies in a nice storage space, a work desk aside from the drafting table, ohhhhhhhh shit gais.
My dream house has a HUGE library with a window seat and way to make tea without leaving the room. And miles of counters that are wide enough to sit on.

Until that happens ill just help gf undo all the poor choices her roommates have inflicted on her over the past 4 years. (one really liked color. Which is fine but she sucked at coordinating. Hence the brown drapes in the pastel blue/purple room) and when I move in next year it will be PERFECT! We're going to repaint the kitchen and paint the "media room". We haven't decided on a color yet, possibly some kind of cream/tan/brownish color, since we have to paint over it when we leave. Other wise I would paint one wall red. We're leaving the living room, soon to be library blue and purple (it looks better than it sounds) mostly because that room is a pain to paint since its sealed textured wallpaper.
Gf's room is a really pretty soft grey/blue. I approve of it so it can stay
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #51558
Lithium Flower
Handphones

GUYS. GUYS. I found pictures of the show rooms for the apartment. Almost all of them are out of date for the renovations that took place, and some of the windows are lacking the huge sills I saw in all the show rooms.

Like this one here the window looks flat but all the units (second floor at least, like ours would be) have huge ass windowsils with sliding blinds over them

And here all the doors are now a different color and the knobs are changed out, the floor in the kitchen looks like old tile as well.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #51559
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
My dream house has a HUGE library with a window seat and way to make tea without leaving the room. And miles of counters that are wide enough to sit on.

Until that happens ill just help gf undo all the poor choices her roommates have inflicted on her over the past 4 years. (one really liked color. Which is fine but she sucked at coordinating. Hence the brown drapes in the pastel blue/purple room) and when I move in next year it will be PERFECT! We're going to repaint the kitchen and paint the "media room". We haven't decided on a color yet, possibly some kind of cream/tan/brownish color, since we have to paint over it when we leave. Other wise I would paint one wall red. We're leaving the living room, soon to be library blue and purple (it looks better than it sounds) mostly because that room is a pain to paint since its sealed textured wallpaper.
Gf's room is a really pretty soft grey/blue. I approve of it so it can stay
Library's all around!

I like blue and purple rooms. As a kid I was so jealous of a friend who's mother let her pick the colors in her bedroom and she picked blue,green,purple, and pink walls/ceiling.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #51560
Kildread
I can fix it!

RE: Parents worrying.

I totally don't get what you all mean. When I started college, my dad did the whole transport thing one semester for the weekends and I remained in the dorms the following years over the weekend.

When I finished my studies, I was urged to move out for any job offer I got (Even without getting the job) and the first IT related job I got in my hometown involved moving into a room in a living place for deadbeats (Not kidding). My mom only calls when *she* wants me to do something for her (Which doesn't get her anywhere anymore).

So, no clue what y'all are talking about. I'm reading this and having problems coming to grasp with the concept XD
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #51561
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Spazzy pants, I have something to show youuuu!

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #51562
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
RE: Parents worrying.

I totally don't get what you all mean. When I started college, my dad did the whole transport thing one semester for the weekends and I remained in the dorms the following years over the weekend.

When I finished my studies, I was urged to move out for any job offer I got (Even without getting the job) and the first IT related job I got in my hometown involved moving into a room in a living place for deadbeats (Not kidding). My mom only calls when *she* wants me to do something for her (Which doesn't get her anywhere anymore).

So, no clue what y'all are talking about. I'm reading this and having problems coming to grasp with the concept XD
XD Hurrrrp.

Not all parents and families are the same!

I just want my house so I can decorate the shit out of it. His mom was asking me if we had a couch or any furniture and I was like "Yeah. Literally an entire house full".

When my mom moved out of Michigan to Arizona then to Colorado all of the apartments or condos are pre-furnished and she doesn't want to spend the money to take the entire house of furniture back and essentially gave us everything besides her bedroom stuff. We have all the cookware, towels, my bedroom stuff, the sofa, dining room set, carpets, right down to the silverware and plates.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Last edited by Lithium Flower : 08-01-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #51563
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Juno is over again and Boyfriends mom was calling her while Juno was in the bathroom. I hear his mom calling her to come over and hurry up then this;

"Wash your hands Juno."

"Okkkaaaayy"

"Did you go poopoo?"

*exasperated sigh*"Yeaaaaaaah"

She sounded so snarky about it too. Like. "YEAH LADY I POOPED SO WHAT?".
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #51564
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
XD Hurrrrp.

Not all parents and families are the same!
I know --- just underlining that not all parents care the way everyone is saying.

Last edited by Kildread : 08-01-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #51565
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I know --- just underlining that not all parents care the way everyone is saying.
I was going with you, but you dropped the ball on me.

I THOUGHT WHAT WE HAD WAS SPECIAL.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #51566
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnathema View Post
You have never been to Ikea? I'm absolutely sure you will love Ikea.
I don't understaaaaaaand! I've never been there either, but what the heck could be so fun about walking around a furniture store?!
Quote:
I like blue and purple rooms. As a kid I was so jealous of a friend who's mother let her pick the colors in her bedroom and she picked blue,green,purple, and pink walls/ceiling.
Let me rant about the bedroom that was once mine.
Y'all probably know I'm a HUGE girly girl so when I was around 10, I finally convinced my parents to let me redo my room (plain white walls with Winnie the Pooh wallpaper border things at the top) and let me pick everything. So I had purple on the bottom third of the wall and pink on the top, with a border-thing with like leaves and flowers in between, and then white molding at the top of the wall and sky blue on the ceiling. I LOVED MY PRINCESS BEDROOM. I even had a white bed canopy thing like this except a whole lot prettier.

But then summer after fifth grade my parents split up and I moved out with my mom and brother and my pretty room was empty and I'd only come on the weekends. And my dad finally sold the house a few months ago, so now THAT COUPLE THAT JUST BOUGHT IT HAD BETTER HAVE A BABY GIRL.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #51567
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Sakura, that was the greatest love story I ever read.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #51568
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Let me rant about the bedroom that was once mine.
Y'all probably know I'm a HUGE girly girl so when I was around 10, I finally convinced my parents to let me redo my room (plain white walls with Winnie the Pooh wallpaper border things at the top) and let me pick everything. So I had purple on the bottom third of the wall and pink on the top, with a border-thing with like leaves and flowers in between, and then white molding at the top of the wall and sky blue on the ceiling. I LOVED MY PRINCESS BEDROOM. I even had a white bed canopy thing like this except a whole lot prettier.

But then summer after fifth grade my parents split up and I moved out with my mom and brother and my pretty room was empty and I'd only come on the weekends. And my dad finally sold the house a few months ago, so now THAT COUPLE THAT JUST BOUGHT IT HAD BETTER HAVE A BABY GIRL.
When I lived with my parents, I got to paint my walls a really dark blue and and also had dark blue curtains. I also had one of those net canopy things but mine was black. I also hung lavender paper lanterns from my ceiling. I liked my room. Of course my room was the largest of the 3 (not including the master bedroom) so when I moved out after I got married, my youngest brother moved from his old room into mine.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #51569
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I don't understaaaaaaand! I've never been there either, but what the heck could be so fun about walking around a furniture store?!
It's not just a furniture store, they sell everything! Bookshelves and couches and beds and lighting fixtures and candles and potted plants and stuffed animals and plates and cutlery and tupperware and ovens and everything ever. All of their items have a sign next to them, identifying them by their Scandinavian product names. For instance, my end tables are called Lack, the bookshelf is a Besta, and the cube series is an Expedit. Half of the fun is seeing what everything is called.

Ikea is also set up so that the walkway through the displays takes you back and forth and back and forth. The store is so huge their walkway is actually has arrows so you remember which way you came from. They have big sections of rooms set up so you can see how all the products look together. For instance, they might do a bedroom, and all the things you see in it are available in the store. So if you really like how a bedside table looks with a bed, you could get them both.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14

Last edited by Xanarcah : 08-01-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #51570
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Ooh, lanterns! I have a few of those as well.

My room is a light blue colour, and all the furniture is white. There are books everywhere, and a walk-in closet full of stuff that isn't even all mine.

Honestly, I don't spend much time there though-- I'm either in our living room (our couch > my bed, to be completely honest) or working on artsy stuff in the basement. XD
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote