Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 44 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #766
Hemanena

HEY! If anyone in this thread is interested in attending DragonCon in Atlanta GA, I am organizing a group to enter the parade. It is free if you have a badge, and more information can be found here. Thanks for reading!!!
Hemanena is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #767
Nessie Toreador
Mage of Light

I was wondering if anyone here has cosplayed Kanaya? I'm want to make her normal outfit.

I'm trying to think of how I am going to make this skirt from Hell.
I'm thinking of making it like a wrap around type thing? Wow, I'm bad at explaining things.
But there's buttons and stripes and confusing things about this skirt and I'm frightened to attempt at sewing something like that.
Nessie Toreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #768
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

I'm almost sure all these questions have been asked but...
Okay, I've decided my Terezi cosplay will be done by the end of the week. I've got my shirt, I'm ready to straighten my hair, I've got shoes, and I'm mending some of the pesky cracks that the Model Magic company needs to figure out. I do have a couple of questions, as this will be my first Homestuck cosplay, and I don't want to look like a complete noob (even though I am).
-So...tips on making red rimless glasses? I thought that maybe I could use a red plastic transparent folder, shape them correctly, and glue them to a pair of smaller glasses with the lens popped out? Does anyone have any fast(er) alternatives?
-On le subject of horns and their fabulous cracks, will the paint cover that up, or should I use super glue to mend it? I don't think using more Model Magic to fill the crack will work...
-I am aware there are laws and stuff against using a blind person cane if you are not, in fact, blind. Can anyone think of anything to add to a blind cane to make it look less...official? (Hard to look official when your skin is grey and wearing orange horns...)

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #769
ametheneko
Fickle Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessie Toreador View Post
I was wondering if anyone here has cosplayed Kanaya? I'm want to make her normal outfit.

I'm trying to think of how I am going to make this skirt from Hell.
I'm thinking of making it like a wrap around type thing? Wow, I'm bad at explaining things.
But there's buttons and stripes and confusing things about this skirt and I'm frightened to attempt at sewing something like that.
Hey! I've never cosplayed Kanaya, but one of my best friends did, and it wound up looking great! What she did was get a piece of red cloth that we hemmed at the bottom. She wrapped it around herself, and then once she figured out where it would overlap, she sewed off the excess and hemmed that. Then she sewed buttons on to the top layer and painted stripes on that.

If that didn't make sense, here's a very poorly drawn visual aid!
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Newcanvas.jpg

I hope that helps some!! Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwack View Post
I'm almost sure all these questions have been asked but...
Okay, I've decided my Terezi cosplay will be done by the end of the week. I've got my shirt, I'm ready to straighten my hair, I've got shoes, and I'm mending some of the pesky cracks that the Model Magic company needs to figure out. I do have a couple of questions, as this will be my first Homestuck cosplay, and I don't want to look like a complete noob (even though I am).
-So...tips on making red rimless glasses? I thought that maybe I could use a red plastic transparent folder, shape them correctly, and glue them to a pair of smaller glasses with the lens popped out? Does anyone have any fast(er) alternatives?
-On le subject of horns and their fabulous cracks, will the paint cover that up, or should I use super glue to mend it? I don't think using more Model Magic to fill the crack will work...
-I am aware there are laws and stuff against using a blind person cane if you are not, in fact, blind. Can anyone think of anything to add to a blind cane to make it look less...official? (Hard to look official when your skin is grey and wearing orange horns...)
I've heard that coloring in the lenses with a red sharpie works! Other than that, I've used spray window-tint (available at most craft stores. The brand's Krylon), and it looks good, but the wearer can't really see. Ironic, really, for a Terezi. XD But aside from that, you can buy sheets of acrylic at hardware stores (they use them for window alternatives) and cut that out in the shape that you like. That's how I make Kamina/Bro glasses, anyway!

Paint will NOT cover those cracks. I suggest taking either wood glue, caulk, or Modge Podge (not as effective; it'll take several coats) and using that to fill up the holes. Then paint that white or yellow. If you can still see the divet, do it again. You may have to sand some excess off.

As for the blind cane situation, I've seen a lot of Terezis make Terezi's cane. Since there's a dragon on the top, it's not very easily mistaken as a real cane. For that, you could use model magic (it might be too soft, though, for you to hold on to all day), sculpey (probably pretty heavy) or paperclay (probably the best bet here?) to make the dragon head on the top. If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a shot of her cane.
http://i55.tinypic.com/11t24yd.gif

I hope this helps you!

In-Progress Cosplay
Sephiroth - FFVII: Advent Children - 5%
Agent Maine- Red vs Blue - 5%
Hiccup - HTTYD2 - 80%

The Bet Is Off
tumblr
ametheneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #770
Nessie Toreador
Mage of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ametheneko View Post
Hey! I've never cosplayed Kanaya, but one of my best friends did, and it wound up looking great! What she did was get a piece of red cloth that we hemmed at the bottom. She wrapped it around herself, and then once she figured out where it would overlap, she sewed off the excess and hemmed that. Then she sewed buttons on to the top layer and painted stripes on that.

If that didn't make sense, here's a very poorly drawn visual aid!
http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Newcanvas.jpg

I hope that helps some!! Best of luck!
I think I understand! Thanks so much for the help!
Nessie Toreador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #771
Schweigie
--

@ametheneko

Oh thats really great tutorial thanks! I think it will help and I might use that for my Vriska arm too.

--

I was talking with my friend about doing an orginal Homestuck cosplay and she suggested something along the lines of steampunk. I sketched up some designs for my Vriska(mainly god tier with aspects of her FLARP outfit) and her Aradia(mainly robo with aspects of her god tier) and they are looking really awsome right now. If we are ever serious about cosplay this then I think I will try and drag my other friend(Eridan) into our little group aswell.

I might post the designs later once I clean them up and color them.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #772
Tsukino Sora

My friends and I are thinking of cosplaying some OCs. Does this seem like a good idea, or a really, really bad one? They aren't trolls, by the way; they are kids.
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #773
wafflefrolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwack View Post
There's a difference between "using" a white cane and having one. For example, the white cane law for washington state says:
Quote:
Unauthorized use of white cane, dog guide, or service animal.
It shall be unlawful for any pedestrian who is not totally or partially blind to use a white cane or any pedestrian who is not totally or partially blind or is not hearing impaired to use a dog guide or any pedestrian who is not otherwise physically disabled to use a service animal in any of the places, accommodations, or conveyances listed in RCW 70.84.010 for the purpose of securing the rights and privileges accorded by the chapter to totally or partially blind, hearing impaired, or otherwise physically disabled people.
You should check the white cane law in your state/in the state your convention will be held in (google "white cane law" and the name of your state) BUT as long as you don't use the cane like someone who was legitimately handicapped would (holding it out in front of you etc), you aren't breaking the law. Just hold your cane like a stick or a staff or something unless you're having your photo taken and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweigie View Post
@ametheneko

I was talking with my friend about doing an orginal Homestuck cosplay and she suggested something along the lines of steampunk. I sketched up some designs for my Vriska(mainly god tier with aspects of her FLARP outfit) and her Aradia(mainly robo with aspects of her god tier) and they are looking really awsome right now. If we are ever serious about cosplay this then I think I will try and drag my other friend(Eridan) into our little group aswell.

I might post the designs later once I clean them up and color them.
this sounds really really cool
wafflefrolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #774
HerrLudwig
Yotsubato!

I want to say....this fandom is so kind (sometimes). I went to a con as a Homestuck character for the first time (50stuck Karkat) and the complements were more than I would even think of. Thank you.
HerrLudwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #775
Emi
want some pins with that?

Hey guys, so I have a question about fabric choices! I'm thinking about doing Fancy Dreamer Roxy (a la rumminov) and am just not quite sure what kind of fabric to use for her dress. It's very form fitting so I almost want something with a bit of stretch but I am just clueless with what to look for or even if a stretchy fabric would be okay for the bodice of her dress.
Any suggestions?

Link to image: http://i.imgur.com/smRre.jpg

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr

Last edited by Emi : 08-01-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #776
Convulsive
My name is Kan

i finished my Feferi skirt yesterday 38D
I love it so much. The only problem I have is getting it on my body, since i didn't make it an actual wrap-around (oops)

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 02:42 AM   #777
Lupe Garu

I'm going to be attending my first con this fall (Nebraskon) and I plan on going as Gamzee/Sober Gamzee. The only thing I'm stuck on is the pants T.T I don't know if I should go with black jeans or sweat pants. And what would be the easiest way to get the poka dots? And for sober Gamzee the blood of the other trolls... What is the best way to make troll blood?
Otherwise my list is this: Ben Nye white and grey aqua paint, black tooth color, sealer spray, shirt, pants, wig cap liner, and wig. I have purple chucks and the horns (that my lovely little sister is making for me) and as far as the eyes go I will probably wear regular contacts (unless I get the money and can find a pair of perscription colored contacts I can afford) Is there anything I'm missing?
Lupe Garu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #778
CelestialApathy
Reika

Hey everyone I've got a question here (or two) that I could use some help on if anyone's willing to read this.

I'm planning on cospaying god tier tavros at the end of the month, and I'm stuck on color choices for a piece I'm trying to buy.

I mean I know it's pretty much basic hero of breath color palette in general. But tavros has all these weird pieces that can be interpreted differently.

My problem is this. Should i get the "Turquoise" or the "Medium Blue" for The shorts and sleeves on tavros' god tier outfit. Or maybe a different blue altogether? I'd like to stick as close to canon as possible if i can. Here's the link to the item,
http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/Lon...ckLeotard.htm#

also for the shorts(or speedo thing) should i just make this a separate piece along with the under sleeves or just get the leotard?
CelestialApathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #779
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupe Garu View Post
I'm going to be attending my first con this fall (Nebraskon) and I plan on going as Gamzee/Sober Gamzee. The only thing I'm stuck on is the pants T.T I don't know if I should go with black jeans or sweat pants. And what would be the easiest way to get the poka dots? And for sober Gamzee the blood of the other trolls... What is the best way to make troll blood?
Otherwise my list is this: Ben Nye white and grey aqua paint, black tooth color, sealer spray, shirt, pants, wig cap liner, and wig. I have purple chucks and the horns (that my lovely little sister is making for me) and as far as the eyes go I will probably wear regular contacts (unless I get the money and can find a pair of perscription colored contacts I can afford) Is there anything I'm missing?
well, he wears clown pants. so your best bet is getting the baggiest pair of black sweatpants you can find, and just painting the dots on. I've seen people cut out a circle from cardstock and use it as a stencil so all the dots are even.

For blood, I feel like the cheapest & easiest way is buying small bottles of acrylic paint in the colors and squirting it on your clothes/hands/etc, but that stuff is impossible to get off.

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #780
Lupe Garu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
well, he wears clown pants. so your best bet is getting the baggiest pair of black sweatpants you can find, and just painting the dots on. I've seen people cut out a circle from cardstock and use it as a stencil so all the dots are even.

For blood, I feel like the cheapest & easiest way is buying small bottles of acrylic paint in the colors and squirting it on your clothes/hands/etc, but that stuff is impossible to get off.
Thanks for the blood my sister suggested school glue and food color, possibly some flour to make it a little thicker. And I will be looking for a pair of sweats, I'll just use fabric paint to do the circles.
Lupe Garu is offline   Reply With Quote