Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
PrettyHellFire
Lover Of All Humans

Anyone Purchased From CosplayandWig.com?

Never actually heard any complaints about this site, but it's literally the only one that I've seen with the color wig that I need. Just curious to see if any one here has done business with them.
PrettyHellFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Cyx3withlove

Well, I ordered a Gumi wig from them on June 14 and they contacted me on the 19th saying they were processing my order and would ship it out by the 22nd. So considering that on their website it says it should arrive in a maximum of 10 business days to ship to the US, I'm waiting until July 6th (9th the latest because I know how Hong Kong Post can be sometimes.) I'll let you know what happens.
Cyx3withlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Cyx3withlove

Okay so I just got my wig today so there is the good news. The bad news is that the color is not as described. Here is a link to the wig I ordered:

http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9054045.htm

1) It's not cut the way it is pictured (But that's not a problem because I can cut it myself)

2) The color is NOT the same. The green that you see is only present in the top (until the back of it meets the eye level) and the rest of back of the wig is just blonde, not green as it shows.

I'm really debating on whether to just send it back and exchange it for this:

http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9102153.htm

This one is the right color but I'd have to cut and layer it.

Overall, this is just MY experience. Someone might have had a different one with them.

Hope it helped!
Unread 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Cyx3withlove

Well, I told them about the wig incident and sent them pictures. Since it was their mistake they said they are going to ship me the right wig next week.
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #5
PrettyHellFire
Lover Of All Humans

So did you receive the correct wig?
Mion Sonozaki---> 25%
Megumi Shimizu ---> In Planning
Asami Sato---> In Planning
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Cyx3withlove

Cheap, Fast...Not Good :(

Ok, so good news is that they ship the wig with tracking and it only took about a week. Bad news is that they told me they would ship it by a certain time and give me a tracking number so I didn't email them until a day or two after that time, because I never got a tracking number and thought they had just forgot to give it to me. As it turns out, they didn't even ship it until I emailed them. I was pissed, but considering how fast they ship, I let it go.

They emailed me with the tracking on July 20th and I got it on the 28th. HOWEVER, when I opened the package this is what I saw:

http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9102150.htm

Remind you, this is the wig I paid for:
http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9054045.htm

Two completely different wigs. This is twice now that they've made this mistake. You know the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Personally, I don't think I'll be ordering from them anymore. I'm currently looking to get a refund. I know it's past the 45day mark on Paypal, but I paid with money from my bank account so I think I can still open a dispute with my bank.
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Cyx3withlove

Suggestion

After all that they didn't send me the right wig. I can't get a refund because my bank doesn't handle paypal issues and it's passed the 45 day mark, so I'm stuck with two wig I didn't order and out of my money

My best suggestion would be if not to order from them, but if you decide to order from them, but you get the wrong wig (like I did) immediately tell them and get a refund instead of having them send you the "correct" wig. Learn from my mistakes.
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
PrettyHellFire
Lover Of All Humans

Wow. I'm so sorry you went through all of that. Try selling those Gumi wigs at the Marketplace. At least get some of your money back. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Mion Sonozaki---> 25%
Megumi Shimizu ---> In Planning
Asami Sato---> In Planning
Unread 08-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #9
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

That website uses a ton of stolen photos. I would not buy from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyx3withlove View Post
I'm really debating on whether to just send it back and exchange it for this:

http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9102153.htm
That wig came from this seller on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vocaloid-2-G...em3366f3 e425

Notice how all of the mannequins in their shop are exactly the same unlike the random ones in cosplayandwig.com's store. Avoid them.

deviantArt account

Last edited by Celcia : 08-07-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Cyx3withlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celcia View Post
That website uses a ton of stolen photos. I would not buy from them.

That wig came from this seller on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vocaloid-2-G...em3366f3 e425

Notice how all of the mannequins in their shop are exactly the same unlike the random ones in cosplayandwig.com's store. Avoid them.
Thank you. I was going to ask that question, about how you know when pictures are stolen off other sellers. Guess it looked to good to be true and it was. I searched through the commission reviews list you guys had on here and found another, reputable, site where I could get my wig. And it was even cheaper than cosplayandwig ^_^ So, some good came out of this.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Cyx3withlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHellFire View Post
Wow. I'm so sorry you went through all of that. Try selling those Gumi wigs at the Marketplace. At least get some of your money back. Thanks for sharing your experience!
It's alright. Glad to help anyone. I'll take your advice and try selling them in the Marketplace. I'm kind of new here so I'm still kind of working my way around the site.