Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #91
neozero

I think what Mangochutney was trying to say is that your diet is impartial to your weight loss and you can't spot reduce. Being "BigBoned" isn't a cause of weight gain it is actually a result of it. However, people are genetically dispositioned to certain bodytypes.

Remember that you can't spot reduce. Your body is determined chiefly by genetics and second by lifestyle. You really have to burn fat all over if you want a toned stomach.
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #92
TsukasaAmou
Madkazer

A lot of these people have given good suggestions so far. But what helps me stay on track with any sort of fitness (especially tummy cause that's my problem too) is this website: www.sparkpeople.com
It's free and they give you and exercise plan (to fit around your schedule). It's actually kind of fun. It's there mostly to keep track of what you've eaten, but it's pretty helpful in all fitness ways
It got me from 150 lbs to 130 in 3 months (it was tough but totally worth it).
Good luck losing weight!
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #93
Arti

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAriel View Post
#1. How do you know they are 'just a waste of money'? Have you ever looked at the crap most Americans eat? If your guts are so ridiculously good at what they do, how come people get colon cancer? Because of all the terribly unnatural junk we eat.
#2. So you're telling her to just lose weight overall? She said she was big boned...that might be a normal weight for her. Why try to lose weight if you're a normal healthy weight? If she is truly healthy in every other way, it would be idiotic to try to lose weight, when the stomach could be something else.
The minimalist of detox treatments are nothing more than sweetened water. Their scientific claims make up for the marketing used for detox products. Also, we are not "forced" to eat the "crap" Americans produce, just reasons why we end up eating it.

Second, when the majority of the time when people suggest to lose weight in general, it's losing a majority of the weight in fat. There's a big difference if people lose "20 pounds of fat " than "20 pounds" as the 20 pounds can be both fat and muscle. Ideally the weight lost should be all fat so muscle mass can be retained. In order to do so, protein becomes a priority to preserve as much muscle mass as possible. This isn't much of a factor when you're a bit overweight, but it becomes more or a problem when bodyfat levels become lower. This is why it's easier to lose fat when you're overweight and gets harder as you begin losing it.

The best way is to simply have a more active lifestyle and simply incorporate more protein-rich foods in your diet (without getting much into detail). Overall, this will take time and persistence.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #94
threestories

You really can't spot-reduce any area of your body. You have to lose weight all over and then your belly will go away. All the crunches in the world won't make your belly go away if it's got a layer of fat over it. I'm sorry, this is probably not what you want to hear!
Mother Superior (Once Upon a Time)

DragonCon 2014:
Femme!Riddler (DC Comics, original design)
Xena (Xena: Warrior Princess)
Mystique (X-Men Comics)
New Caprica Three/D'Anna Biers (Battlestar Galactica)
threestories is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #95
Pinkprincess

Need to lose tummy fat and other areas

i really want to cosplay as shippuden but i dont have a flat tummy anymore i have not been able to get out as much because i babysit aand my little chihuahua takes up all my attention i 5'5" in a half and me weight just hit 170 but im told i dont look it i want to get back in shape what should i do ?
Pinkprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:07 AM   #96
chupachan

Intense cardio done regularly should definitely help. You should aim for about an hour a day, and some good options are running and stair climbing.
As for detoxing, if it is done properly and you commit to changing your diet, it is 100% worth it. Anyone who has ever completed a detox the RIGHT way (usually through the laborious process of juicing your own fruits and veggies multiple times every day for at least a week) will agree that a detox is very rewarding.
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #97
smoreface

Quote:
Originally Posted by threestories View Post
You really can't spot-reduce any area of your body. You have to lose weight all over and then your belly will go away. All the crunches in the world won't make your belly go away if it's got a layer of fat over it. I'm sorry, this is probably not what you want to hear!
This and what Mango had said. You cannot expect your body to reduce fat where you want it. Working out will reduce fat everywhere. Obliques, reverse crunches (check out some techniques with a yoga ball), weight training, and cardio will give you the results you'd like.
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #98
devilgirl32

i recommend using a video called ab ripper x it's like and INTENSE abs workout you only have to do it for 15 mins for 3 times a week but like i said already it's REALLY INTENSE but you can definitely feel it working

this is the one i use --> (http://www.myspace.com/video/mason/ab-ripper-x/50789881)
devilgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #99
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Three weeks ago I started biking at the gym to tone my legs and try and lose a couple of pounds. I can do 21.50 miles in a one hour session, which burns about 222 calories on the setting I use (which is a combination of hills and flat surfaces - it's called "random" on that particular bike). I didn't expect it to tone my waist, but it really did. It's nice and flat now, and two inches smaller (went from 28 to 26 inches). I ride while tucking my tummy muscles in and it's really done the trick.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #100
iamwhoiam

Im in the same boat. Im just trying to eat better and i run with my friend every night (that really worked for him). Maybe you could run with your dog(even though i dont think he'd want to run much. lol.).
And if you have an ipod or iphone you should try this nike for women app. I've been doing that to and it is a real work out when you do the right one.
iamwhoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #101
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

^ Running is really good too, if you'd like that better than biking. Sit-ups and such will also do wonders to tone your tummy.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #102
IamAriel

Ok, what about my position. I'm 5'8" - 5'9" and weigh less than 140 lbs. As far as everything tells me, that is a normal weight. My arms are not chubby at all and my legs...well I think they're ok, hard to tell because everybody has some fat in their legs. Anyway, I have the beginnings of a pot belly. Seriously, when I wear a tight shirt, I just look like I'm in the beginnings of pregnancy; my stomach is the only thing poochy. So, I need to lose weight EVERYWHERE to fix my stomach? What the heck? XD

http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccpl...nt/librari-con
IamAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #103
neozero

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilgirl32 View Post
i recommend using a video called ab ripper x it's like and INTENSE abs workout you only have to do it for 15 mins for 3 times a week but like i said already it's REALLY INTENSE but you can definitely feel it working

this is the one i use --> (http://www.myspace.com/video/mason/ab-ripper-x/50789881)
That's a good exercise, but 45 minutes a week is not really enough. You still have to compliment with other forms of exercise.

@IamAriel, Yes this is the case. Blame genetics. Your body stores fat where it wants to and uses it to distribute energy to your entire body. The way to really spot reduce is lipo, which has its own issues.
neozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #104
Suiseiseki0284
Michu

It seems to me that you can at least get -some- exercise in, even if you can't get out much due to babysitting and watching your chihuahua.

Babysitting? How old are the kids you babysit? I know a couple weeks back, I got quite the work out watching my two year old niece! XD Running, chasing her, making sure she keeps her clothes on, playing games, crawling on the floor with her.. etc @_@. Do activities with the kids you babysit! Play tag, run around, teach them anime dances if you think they might be interested!

As for your dog, as one person suggested, go running with your dog.. heck even take your dog for a walk. Even small dogs like chihuahua's need exercise, and you'll get some too!

Of course there are also dietary changes, even starting with small things like swapping soda for water.
Suiseiseki0284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #105
tia1106
On the path of the Beam

Eating things like more fiber and 100% whole grains will help your digestive system do its job more effectively, but yes in general "detox" type systems aren't going to help you in the long run.
Also: WATER! Super important for basically everything but especially digestion.
tia1106 is offline   Reply With Quote