Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 08-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #46
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

I've heard excellent things about Blue Exorcist. Cant verify that, as I've just gotten into it, but the recommendations for it I've got, have been stellar.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #47
Lydialulu
lydialulu

You *have* to watch Samurai Champloo, Funimation's youtube video provides all the full length episodes. It's not a horribly long series but you get so hooked on it and the plot line is great.

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?

Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #48
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Cadmium View Post
I've heard excellent things about Blue Exorcist. Cant verify that, as I've just gotten into it, but the recommendations for it I've got, have been stellar.
Blue exorcist is pretty good, I would also recommend it ;p The only complaint I have about blue exorcist is the ending.
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #49
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydialulu View Post
You *have* to watch Samurai Champloo, Funimation's youtube video provides all the full length episodes. It's not a horribly long series but you get so hooked on it and the plot line is great.
Thank you Lydialulu! I'll make a point to check that out.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on this thread in a week, summer semester is coming to a close. Which means I've been frantically trying to get all my class projects completed in time, one more week...a few days left.

In other news, last weekend I came across the anime "The Sacred Blacksmith", I don't remember if it was recommended or if I just came across it. Either way, I recommend it. Though I should mention that while it is a great anime with wonderful characters (who at times are overly dramatic and a bit goofy), the series was canceled after the first season. Fortunately the majority of the conflicts between the main characters was taken care of enough to provide some amount of resolution. Or rather by the final episode you finally understand their goals and purposes for what they did all through out the season.

Lastly I found this site and particularly this link to the movie Tekken Blood Vengeance I thought many of you might enjoy.
http://www.animestatic.com/anime-mov...ed/?postTabs=1

https://www.facebook.com/mike.strasko
wisetaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #50
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I'm going to toss out Deadman Wonderland as an option. It's short and to the point, which i think works well with you... as when a series gets longer it tends to add in comedy and more drama between characters.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #51
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I'm going to toss out Deadman Wonderland as an option. It's short and to the point, which i think works well with you... as when a series gets longer it tends to add in comedy and more drama between characters.
Cool, thanks for the recommendation DireKitty! Although, just to point out that I actually enjoy longer series as well. It was just that I was attempting to put forth that even though the particular anime had been canceled too soon, it was still a very good one and worth watching.

On another note, I'm currently watching and loving WitchBlade. I'm on episode 6 and it has quickly become another one of my favorite anime's!

Please keep the recommendations coming!! I'm loving this!!

Unread 08-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #52
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

Samurai Champloo is very good. I only have a couple of more episodes left. I watched Elfen Lied and man is that a very dark anime. Very bloody and violent. Also some nudity, but nothing real bad. It's only 13 episodes, but it's almost depressing to watch.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #53
spiritualizes

Blue Exorcist/Ao no Exorcist was good, as was Deadman Wonderland and Samurai Champloo. I'm watching Sword Art Online right now and I'm pretty much in love with the series, as it stands at 7 aired episodes. It's about an MMORPG that these characters are pretty much stuck in and if they die in game, they die for real, to be blunt.

FMA: Brotherhood is probably one of my all-time favorites and had me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions pretty much throughout the whole series. It's action packed but not without plot and character development. Baccano! was also good, a bit confusing at first since it's told in a way a bit similar to the film Pulp Fiction. Here are a few other recommendations: Night Raid 1931, Eureka 7, Blood+, Ga-Rei: Zero, Death Note, and FLCL.

I'm not 100% sure if La Storia della Arcana Famiglia will be really great since I'm only a few episodes in, but it looks good as well. It's a bit like Katekyo Hitman Reborn! which is a great series, though I sadly wasn't able to keep up with the manga.

sakura haruno, shippuden (naruto) 70% | morgiana (magi) 75%

spiritualizes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #54
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

I've been having difficulty locating what's left in the list of recommendations everyone has offered. Though I have found a few sites with a variety of animes. I'm currently watching the second season of "Darker than Black", the first season was good but it kept loosing cohesion and seemed to diverge in too far too many diverging story plots. Some of which seemed to have very little bearing on the main story and sub-story.

The second season is in some ways is better, as there is more consistancy. Plus the main character seems more realistic, in fact she is fun to watch as she and her twin brother were both human's. Then he was turned into an overly rational contractor, a couple years later she turns into a contractor as well. Except unlike other contractors, she retains the majority of her emotions, irrationalities, and human traits.

It's fun watching her interact with both humans and contractors, as she seems to take them by surprise when you acts out of compassion rather then cold logic.

Anyway, it's a good series.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #55
otakutwins

I agree with Durarara, and Fullmetal Alchemist also blue exorcist is super good!
otakutwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #56
-Nayami-
Makai tenjou!

I just glanced quickly through the thread and don't think its been mentioned yet, so I'm going to throw out Speed Grapher. It's been a while since I've watched it, but I think it has a lot of the elements you're looking for.
Son Goku - Dragonball Z

@NayamiP
-Nayami- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #57
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nayami- View Post
I just glanced quickly through the thread and don't think its been mentioned yet, so I'm going to throw out Speed Grapher. It's been a while since I've watched it, but I think it has a lot of the elements you're looking for.
Thank you, Nayami! I've been going through Anime's rather quickly lately and am constantly looking for new ones.

On that note I just found Fractal, which is a unique and fun anime.

Unread 09-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #58
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

I just finished watching Fractal. It wasn't an epic anime, but it was action packed, light-heated, rather suspenseful, and ended in very warm and fuzzy way.

The previous anime I watched "Darker then Black", ended the first season pretty well. Though the final season ended on a very dark note. I'd say more but I don't want to give any spoilers.

Unread 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #59
wisetaner
Full of enthusiasm

I'm now watching and loving Bleach! It's such an exciting series that within the past 12 hours I've gone through 24 episodes.

Unread 09-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #60
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I didn't see this on the thread either..But Bust Angel is pretty damn good. It's got a lot of action along with some humor..My favorite scene ever is in this anime..

Also, There is Mai HiME (most call it My HiME)
This one has a lot of action as well, but mixed in with humor and drama.

The 3 I say more then anything else too....
Cardcaptor Sakura (all Japanese though..The dubbed version is terrible)
Sailor Moon (also the Japanese one's way better but the dub isn't bad too)
Anything Dragon Ball..This includes the first series (Dragon Ball) and The second (Dragon Ball Z) and the third (Dragon Ball GT)
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote