Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 108 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #3496
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&Only

You know how some say falling for your best friend can end well?
They lied.
The ones telling the truth were the ones waving the red flags goin "DONT DO IT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!"
Cause I've fallen for my best friend and turns out he's a jerk, a lying jerk, whose dating a chick i have a few classes with and I'm expected to be okay cause we're friends...
This. Sucks.

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #3497
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackroseHunter View Post
They lied.
The ones telling the truth were the ones waving the red flags goin "DONT DO IT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!"
Cause I've fallen for my best friend and turns out he's a jerk, a lying jerk, whose dating a chick i have a few classes with and I'm expected to be okay cause we're friends...
This. Sucks.
Sometimes I think all humans are jerks, and the ones who are seen as nice, are just lucky to always be caught on good days.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #3498
AllYourBase7745
The Orignal Sword Dude

I hate those assholes at a con that make fun of/bash others because of their costumes not being up to their standards... so help me, the next time I see one...

Meryl: So, there's something you like?
Solid Snake: Yeah, you've got a great butt!
Meryl: Oh, I see! First it's my eyes, now it's my butt! What's next?
Solid Snake: On the battlefield, you never think about what's next...
AllYourBase7745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #3499
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllYourBase7745 View Post
so help me, the next time I see one...
Go on. It's only the internet, you can say anything here.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #3500
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
Go on. It's only the internet, you can say anything here.
What's that about our periods?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #3501
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackroseHunter View Post
They lied.
This. Sucks.

Been there....
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #3502
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I wouldn't say that falling for a friend is inherently bad, but it certainly can end up so.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #3503
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sigh. There went my hope of finally getting to take gymnastics this year/fall. There's three clubs in the city; only one has actual classes for adults (one has "open gym", but I seriously doubt that's a good idea for someone who knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING abou what to actually do on apparatuses, is ABSOLUTELY NOT FLEXIBLE and has NEVER done gymnastics before or anything similar. And the open gym doesn't have enough supervisors to just give you a private lesson). The one place that has adult classes, runs them from 8 pm until 9:30 at night which means if I had to bus back, I wouldn't get home until AFTER 11 AT NIGHT because of the stupid-ass bus schedule. HELL no. And then to top it off, it costs even more per month than dance, which I flat-out can't afford when I'm putting away nearly half my income every month. Fuck. I guess my only option now, until I have a proper job and a non-bus method of travelling anywhere, is to see if there's any other adult classes at my dance school I can take. I'd love to give acro a try but there's just one class listed and I dunno what level it's at.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #3504
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
So what your saying is she's a rip off artist.

ALSO PICS
I love props and stuff.
Finally got those blaster photos up! xO!
Here they are ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/ChergnomebylProps

Last edited by Chergnomebyl : 08-15-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Chergnomebyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #3505
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Dear cosplay plans: Please stop changing on me so I can just get what I want and not have anymore issues >_<

I swear every SINGLE time I get something planned something comes along and ruins it!!! Like I was supposed to order my Haine Otomiya Student Council Summer uniform but my stupid brother made me order him two My Little Pony Shirts for like 60$ which is ANNOYING!!! ..sigh and then my friend who has agreed to help me with some stuff wouldn't stop whining about how hard it was to not go out to eat once a week and ugh....not to mention My plans would get shot down as I would find out that a costume was off by an inch and the shirt see through as hell >_< so from brothers, friends and stupid people in china being afraid of my big boobs (I hate my DD's) I am frustrated at the fact that I have had to move both of Haine's costumes to November when I had plans to buy her costumes MUCH earlier then this but people kept messing up my plans.....T_T no one cares.....

Plus mom doesn't want me buying any costumes after this year as she said I should reuse for awhile and such (Which IS understandable) so I gave up going to any cons this year so I could buy costumes for two years of conventions with plans to retire from cosplaying after 2014 due to me wanting to concentrate on school (well more like just not go to cons for a while if ever again.)

And......I am just frustrated that I had to spend 60$ on two my little pony shirts for my brother's (Who is 25) and basically said "YOU WILL GET THESE SHIRTS FOR ME! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR COSPLAY SHIT" me: ".....do I have to?" Mom: "Yes because he's your brother" And then I find out that my brother is buying me a PONY shirt and I don't want it for my birthday i'd rather have a wig or a book sigh yeah sorry for the rant.....
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #3506
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugginsseller View Post
Here they are ^_^
Holy. Balls.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #3507
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Holy. Balls.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Hahaha ..thanks? xD
Now all I need to do is get them outta here!

Unread 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #3508
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Quote:
Here they are ^_^

-garbles something unintelligent, spasms-

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. *_*

Okay, but seriously... your work is amazing. It's no wonder why someone would commission you. But here's my question: Why the hell would she order from you if she's in Canada and shipping (even just inside the US for big props) is something akin to robbery? I mean, seriously, do your research (her, not you, obviously). And giving the time frame she gave you, she should be kissing your butt for doing such amazing work.

I really just want to tell her to shut up and suck the shipping, if she wants it so bad, or get a slower shipping, go to this particular con without it, and save it for another con. You don't spend that much on a prop just to use it once (at least I'd hope not :/).

Sorry if I’m just rehashing stuff, but I couldn’t believe the bull I was reading yesterday when I clicked on the marketplace.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt

Last edited by ShadowDrac : 08-15-2012 at 10:56 AM.
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #3509
Chergnomebyl
Landshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrac View Post
-garbles something unintelligent, spasms-

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. *_*

Okay, but seriously... your work is amazing. It's no wonder why someone would commission you. But here's my question: Why the hell would she order from you if she's in Canada and shipping (even just inside the US for big props) is something akin to robbery? I mean, seriously, do your research (her, not you, obviously). And giving the time frame she gave you, she should be kissing your butt for doing such amazing work.

I really just want to tell her to shut up and suck the shipping, if she wants it so bad, or get a slower shipping, go to this particular con without it, and save it for another con. You don't spend that much on a prop just to use it once (at least I'd hope not :/).

Sorry if I’m just rehashing stuff, but I couldn’t believe the bull I was reading yesterday when I clicked on the marketplace.
I don't know? I informed her from the very beginning that shipping to Canada would cost quite a bit. She was fine until she heard that the shipping was a lot more than she anticipated. After that, she started telling me how I should have got it done a week earlier or even a few days earlier, which these were a pain to get done so fast. At one point I had to fix the shield because I wasn't satisfied with it and I wanted it to look a little bit better for her first con.

This actually was my first time commissioning someone from Canada...Not sure I want to do it again haha xD.

Last edited by Chergnomebyl : 08-15-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #3510
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Quote:
I don't know? I informed her from the very beginning that shipping to Canada would cost quite a bit. She was fine until she heard that the shipping was a lot more than she anticipated. After that, she started telling me how I should have got it done a week earlier or even a few days earlier, which these were a pain to get done so fast. At one point I had to fix the shield because I wasn't satisfied with it and I wanted it to look a little more better for her first con.
While I can understand her frustration, she really did need to do some research. Shipping is always expensive. Especially rush shipping.

I honestly doubt she understands how much work went into this. You're not a factory that can punch these suckers out in a day. I've made very small props myself, and they were exhausting to finish at my slow pace. Heck- I can't even imagine how much time you put into these, which honestly makes me appreciate your work all the more.

Quote:
This actually was my first time commissioning someone from Canada...Not sure I want to do it again haha xD.
XDD I sure as hell wouldn't, at least not with a work frame of a week or two before the con. It takes that long just for regular (read: somewhat cheap) shipping. XD

But I hope you're not letting this whole thing get you down! Your work is amazing and that's why people commission you, including this ninny.
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote