Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #5101
TheAnarCHris
Overrated
 
TheAnarCHris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 13,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I'd kill for (and buy 10 copies of) an all-NieR Theatrhythm game, but since the game was so poorly-received in the US, the odds of that are slim. (Though in Japan, SE's still pushing out remix/ cover CDs for the game.) Hence why I'd settle for just 5 or so songs from it in a $40 game.

EDIT: Since the socially-adept people get to have their Fantasy Footballs...
Opening: Snow in Summer
Field music: Hills of Radiant Winds
Battle music: Gods Bound by Rules
Event music: Emil / Sacrifice
Ending: Ashes of Dreams / New

DLC:
Field music: The Ultimate Weapon
Battle music: Shadowlord
Event: Kaine / Escape


SPOILER: (highlight to read)
A guy can dream. ;_;
Probably because Nier looks a LOT different in Japan....
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/1002

Also eff you, I play Fantasy Football.
__________________
Stalk me on twitter! @theanarchris, THEN IMMEDIATELY REGRET YOUR DECISION!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #5102
Kildread
I can fix it!
 
Kildread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwind824 View Post
Probably because Nier looks a LOT different in Japan....
http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/1002
There's 2 versions of it actually... (Gesthalt & Replicant) I thought they were vastly different, but the one we never saw just had different main chars and most of the same plot.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #5103
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
I'd kill for (and buy 10 copies of) an all-NieR Theatrhythm game, but since the game was so poorly-received in the US, the odds of that are slim. (Though in Japan, SE's still pushing out remix/ cover CDs for the game.) Hence why I'd settle for just 5 or so songs from it in a $40 game.

EDIT: Since the socially-adept people get to have their Fantasy Footballs...
Opening: Snow in Summer
Field music: Hills of Radiant Winds
Battle music: Gods Bound by Rules
Event music: Emil / Sacrifice
Ending: Ashes of Dreams / New

DLC:
Field music: The Ultimate Weapon
Battle music: Shadowlord
Event: Kaine / Escape


SPOILER: (highlight to read)
A guy can dream. ;_;
TAKE ALL MY MONEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihander View Post
Queer-Penis
*snicker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
There's 2 versions of it actually... (Gesthalt & Replicant) I thought they were vastly different, but the one we never saw just had different main chars and most of the same plot.
My understanding is that the games are identical except for the Nier character model and a bit of dialog change as he is her brother instead of her father. They changed it in the English release specifically because they thought that the US audience would find the father/daughter relationship more engaging that a brother/sister one. I would have to agree.

Finished FFXIII. What an odd game. Most of it is nonsense on many many levels. But I loved the battle system (for the most part - Death can suck an egg) and I haven't had this much of a challenge since Dark Souls. Though, granted, most of it was self-imposed.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #5104
Zweihander
Resident jerkface
 
Zweihander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
My understanding is that the games are identical except for the Nier character model and a bit of dialog change as he is her brother instead of her father. They changed it in the English release specifically because they thought that the US audience would find the father/daughter relationship more engaging that a brother/sister one. I would have to agree.
Owner of both versions here. This. There's a few other differences, such as Kaine's dialogue actually including censor bleeps here and there, and the Shadowlord

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
apparently scales with his replicant's age. He looks like a kid when he wrecks your shit at the end of act 1 yet appears to have an adult body at the end of act 2, then young again during Ending B. How odd.
__________________
Kitty-ear hats for sale! Only $10! Available colors are black and pink.

Last edited by Zweihander : 08-14-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Zweihander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #5105
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool
 
Mesoian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,137
Played through Pikman again when I got home today because I just wanted to chill out. Beat it, 30 pieces, 24 days, got off the planet. Yay.

That game is short. I beat it in about 3 hours...
__________________
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #5106
Viveeh
necrocarnival
 
Viveeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Depends, is it actually out in English or still teasing me with a Japanese beta?
It's JP version, but as it was mentioned, US/EU release will be in the beginning of 2013. There is an English mod available, though, that translates everything except for the story. It's pretty easy to get used to.

But well, if anyone plays, I'm on ship 2 with a female Cast ranger/force called Rei. Say hi if you see me. (Got another character, too, a male human hunter called Alphie. )
__________________
Next costumes:
Rei the Guntecher (PSU)
Link from Majora's Mask

Last edited by Viveeh : 08-18-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #5107
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool
 
Mesoian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,137
Switched from Kanji to Elizabeth in Persona 4A, now that I've hit the high level play ceiling.

I really should just learn how to use Yu and get my S rank, but Kanji is so much fun.
__________________
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #5108
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon
 
seiryuux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Switched from Kanji to Elizabeth in Persona 4A, now that I've hit the high level play ceiling.

I really should just learn how to use Yu and get my S rank, but Kanji is so much fun.
Glad you're getting the hang of it. I can't quite seem to de-program my usual Street Fighter/King of Fighters play style to understand how to use the Persona properly.
__________________
You either END GAME or you don't play the game at all!!!
PSN: seiryuux
3DS Friend Code: 3497-0813-7759

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #5109
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...
 
DarkFujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,308
Picked up Rhythm Heaven Fever for $5 the other day at that Best Buy sale thingy. Amazing deal for a fun little game!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #5110
tipsd9video
Juudaime!
 
tipsd9video's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
Picked up Rhythm Heaven Fever for $5 the other day at that Best Buy sale thingy. Amazing deal for a fun little game!
I tried buying that, but it said it wasn't shipping online and there were no stores in my area that had it D:
tipsd9video is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #5111
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...
 
DarkFujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsd9video View Post
I tried buying that, but it said it wasn't shipping online and there were no stores in my area that had it D:
You know, for me, I checked Saturday night (the night before the sale) and it said a few stores in my area had it. On Sunday morning I checked again before Best Buy opened and it said no stores had it even though none of the stores had opened yet. I ended up calling one of the stores that showed up as having it the night before and they still had a copy and put it on hold for me. But it was weird, I don't know if it was a weird glitch in the system or if they did that because of the sale for some reason? I don't know.

But woah, I still can't believe it was selling for $5! I feel almost guilty for buying it that cheap.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #5112
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self
 
UNIT0918's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 881
Got to play a bit more Persona 4 Arena. I think I'm at my best using Narukami, and I think I also got the hang of using Aigis. I'm not doing so well using Chie as I would like though. I'm pretty bad at timing her counters.
__________________
http://backloggery.com/unit0918
PlayStation Network ID: UNIT0918
Xbox Live Gamertag: UNIT 0918
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #5113
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool
 
Mesoian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,137
Bloodrayne Retribution. It's like playing Ninja Gaiden under water.
__________________
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #5114
ULTIMATE KASUMI
I AM ULTIMATE!!
 
ULTIMATE KASUMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Bloodrayne Retribution.
What? There is no BloodRayne Retribution.
__________________
XBL GAMERTAG: R4712XX88
PSN ONLINE ID: R4712-VR88
[UNSNAP THE BRA] Purified Kasumi
http://www.youtube.com/user/PurifiedKasumi

Originally joined in February 9, 2005 8:57 PM
ULTIMATE KASUMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #5115
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool
 
Mesoian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE KASUMI View Post
What? There is no BloodRayne Retribution.
It's the XBLA/PSN game. It's not very good, though it is extremely well animated.

Bloodrayne Betrayal. Sorry.
__________________
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~
~Why, if every light is dark, do I continue dancing?~

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~

Last edited by Mesoian : 08-19-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.