Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1181 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #2476
HappehPills

Name of Commissioner: Lunaladyoflight, Emily Wallin
Website: http://lunaladyoflight.deviantart.com/, http://www.lunaladyoflight.net/, http://lunaladyoflight.tumblr.com/, http://www.cosplay.com/member/52289
Character commissioned: (1 WIG) Holy Roman Empire/Germany Wig.
Series: Hetalia
Links to pictures of your commissioned item: http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Commission/
Timeline: Less than a Month. Incredibly fast!

Describe your Experience: Luna contacted me after I had placed an ad. in Cosplay.com's Marketplace looking for a professional wig commissioner. She provided me with her e-mail and also her website so I could see her previous works. I quickly went to her website and also her review section in the Commissioner Review page, I was quite pleased from what I saw. I sent her an e-mail and asked for quotes. She explained each part of the cost of the commission down, she made sure that I understood what amount of money was being used for what process and what I was paying for: Ordering, Styling, Shipment, etc. She made sure to explain it clearly. She told me which type of wig she was purchasing. (Note: She doesn't purchase low quality wigs. Everything is High-Quality and Great Wigs! She buys from Arda and she was kind and honest enough to tell me which wigs were in Pre-Order and which ones were In-Stock. She was also honest and told me which wigs she felt confident in doing. I was looking for a PROFESSIONAL wig commissioner who could do the job and wouldn't scam me, an honest and crafted professional: Luna was the one! I went to decide which wigs I would like to commission her for. She knows what she's doing and she knows the high quality of the wigs from the lesser ones. She contacted me right after I sent her the upfront payment and notified me that she had purchased the wig that same day. She updated her D.A. a few days later and let the commissioners know that she now had a Tumblr. that will be updated frequently with the In Progress orders and the pictures. This is my first time commissioning her. Luna would reply to my messages the same day and even squeeze some time during work to reply back. Not only is she very helpful, she will also give you suggestions, send you pictures, and wig color swatches on request. Before shipping the wig, she sent me four pictures of ALL the angles of the wig. The wig is beautiful and is one of the most professional wig jobs I have seen!

Pros: Speedy replies, professional, serious about her work and her commissions, responsible, confident, met with the due date. An honest commissioner and a very informative person, she will describe the process and the way the money is being used. Luna also let's you know when she's purchased the wig. Has an In-Progress page in her tumblr that updates regularly. She provided me with information about the wigs she was using and sent me a picture so I could see the length of the wig, pick which one I wanted, and she also provided her suggestion on which one she thought would look best with the reference pictures that I gave her. She's honest and told me which wigs she felt confident doing. Pricing is reasonable, sends pictures, she provided me with a Tracking Number, and notified me when the item was shipped. Oh and she also includes toupee clips in the wigs.

Cons: 0, NONE

Final Grade: A+++
HappehPills is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #2477
Norakun91

Name of Commissioner: Annie Han/Cosplay Desu

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CosplayDesu

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) : Saya Takagi second outfit just her Jacket

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: The picture on her site: http://www.etsy.com/listing/10226969...-takagi-jacket

What I received: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month. The exact time she said it would take to make.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

I contacted her on May 3rd of 2012. I requested how much it would cost to have just the jacket commissioned. She replied the same day and told me the price and how much shipping was. I sent her the first half May 10th as well as me measurements and she replied back and let me know it was received and that she was starting it.

On June 3rd I sent her another message to check up on the order and to see if she was almost done. She messaged me the next day to say it should be done soon. I wasn't too worried my con wasn't until July 20th. I was just nervous since it was my first cosplay and commission.

On June 15th I asked if she was done again and she said she was. She posted the jacket on her etsy so I could see it and I loved it. I paid her the rest of the payment by the 17th

She mailed it June 18th and I received it July 2nd. I absolutely loved it. It was just as pictured and it fit me good. I wore it to my con and even though it was hot outside I was comfy in my jacket. I actually got cold in the con without it. I loved it and would work with her again. She was nice and always got back to me within a few hours to a day.

Final Grade: A+
Norakun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #2478
shoolpyme

Name of Commissioner: EarlyBird Costumes/Chloe Early
Website/C.com gallery:http://www.facebook.com/earlybirdcostumes
Character commissioned and series/video game: Amulet Spade (Shugo Chara) Giant Paintbrush Prop
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Timeline:I Messaged her on July 10th and sent her the first half of the payment on July 12th. I have just received it today on August 10th since I said that deadline was before Mid August.
Describe your Experience: She had excellent communication and since she lived around the socal area, she was nice enough to personally deliver the prop to me. I was really pleased with her work for this prop. She was also nice enough to send me progress pictures of the prop to me! She was also very polite and replied really quickly to my emails. An excellent commissioner that won't disappoint you!
Final Grade: I have to give her an A+ for her service,communication and her polite manners!
shoolpyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #2479
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Name of Commissioner: Havenaims
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/82482
Character commissioned and series/video game: Final Fantasy X-2 Yuna Braid/Hairtail and Tiny Bee Guns Prop
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:(Not my own photo, but the one I was sent as a final product....will upload my own ASAIC!) https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...29432633_n.jpg
Timeline: She contacted me via PM on June 11, and I received everything August 10. So exactly a month!
Describe your Experience: Havenaims is a pleasure to work with. I didn't mention it to her, but this is part of my first time commissioning anything, outside of Ebay's chinese/japanese sellers. She answered my ad on CosCom's Marketplace for Tiny Bee Guns, and told me exactly what she would be using to make them. I was cool with the pricing---and she is very reasonable!---and we made an agreement that she would do my commission. A few days later, I posted another ad on CosCom for the Hairtail; Havenaims promptly answered and said she would be glad to do that one as well, with combined shipping! I was grateful that she offered her services for both commissions, and I was very assured! I made my first payment, and she started the commission. I got progress pics the WHOLE WAY! I was very grateful to her for working promptly and ensuring me that it'll be done waaay before my requested deadline. A month later, I received my guns and hairtail in perfect condition! Tiny Bees are lightweight and amazing and durable! The hairtail is lovely, and it's the exact length I desired. It's hanging up now to straighten out from the box! ^_^ Everything was packaged very well. I'm honored to be one of her first commissions. You will not be disappointed with this lovely lady!
PROS: Great communication, Patient, Informative, Quick to Ship, Great Quality
CONS: Nada!
Final Grade: A++++++

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #2480
sweetteasus
cold glass of salvation

Name of Commissioner: Dear Dahlia Designs/misaloveslight6 on Cos.com

Website/C.com gallery: www.deardahlia.weebly.com/ http://www.cosplay.com/member/101957

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Stocking from "Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt" dress, hair bow, sash and butt bow

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Dress on me Dress and bows

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid on July 17, she completed it on August 1, mailed it August 8, got it on August 10

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Martha is an absolute joy to work with! I was looking to get a Stocking cosplay done for Katsucon so I gave a deadline of Jan 2013. She was one of the commissioners who answered my ad and she did a fabulous job on the costume. I paid her the first half on July 17th and she started it the next day. She kept me updated on its progress and asked my input on the trim and the length. She completed the costume on August 1st, way before my deadline. I paid her the remainder on August 5, she shipped out August 8 and I got it on the 10.

The dress is absolutely gorgeous! It fits perfectly and I love the material. The detailing is great! The hair bow, sash, and butt bow are very well made. Martha is an amazing commissioner and I cannot wait to commission her again!

Anime USA 2012
Anarchy Stocking-Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Battle Bunny Riven-League of Legends

Nekocon 2013
French Maid Nidalee-League of Legends

Katsucon 2014
French Maid Nidalee-League of Legends
Megurine Luka, Project Diva version-Vocaloid
Amethyst-Steven Universe

sweetteasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #2481
Cyx3withlove

Wig Is Fashion Review

Name of Commissioner: Wig Is Fashion

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.wigisfashion.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Green layered wig (to be used as Gumi wig from Vocaloid)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.wigisfashion.com/products/oa05

Timeline (how long your order took to process): paid on August 4th, shipped on the 5th, arrived on the 13th

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: So after the little fiasco with a certain scammer, I did some more digging and found this seller. I went to their website and found a really good wig. From the reviews, they were recommended so all was in their favor and I ordered from them. The wig was cheaper than the one I was scammed out of, plus there was free shipping, and the customer service was there to answer my questions if I had any (AND I DID!) They answered within 24 hours and I was satisfied. Their shipping was incredibly fast, so that was a relief since I lost some time after the scamming and I was getting kind of fidgety. I just got the wig today and I thought that since it came in one of those envelopes with the string and the two circles, that it wasn't going to be safe, but after opening it, I must say I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS WIG!!! It is the perfect color, it’s really thick, and I am so happy now ^_^ I’ll definitely be ordering from them again. I’ve already recommended them to one of my friends for her first cosplay ^_^

Pros: Super fast shipping, free shipping, pleasant customer service, accurate wigs, thick, soft

Cons:ABSOLUTELY NONE!

MSU Chibi Con
AnimeNext 2013

Last edited by Cyx3withlove : 08-13-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: More for desciption
Cyx3withlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #2482
Cyx3withlove

Cosplay and Wig Review

(I wasn't sure how to move my original post, so please feel free to delete it since I'm re-posting it here)

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay and Wig

Website/C.com gallery: Cosplayandwig.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Gumi Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9054045.htm

Timeline (how long your order took to process): 3 days to ship and a week to arrive

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: *deep breath* I just started cosplaying so I was cautious about ordering a wig online, especially since most, if not all, come from China, so I searched and searched and found this website. The wig I wanted was perfect for my Gumi cosplay so I ordered it and it took three days to process, but they never gave me a tracking number, despite their website saying they provide tracking numbers with everything they ship. I emailed them about it and they provided me with a tracking number. They shipped it on June 20th and I got it on the 28th so I was grateful for the fast (and free!) shipping. I opened up the package and it wasnít the wig I paid for. It was a completely different wig. It was Gumiís wig from Camellia, and this wasnít even a wig that was on their website. I emailed them about the mistake (even sent pictures) and they said since it was their mistake that they would send the right wig within a week, with tracking. A week passes and I decided to give them a day or two, but I never got the tracking number, so I emailed them again and they told me they would give me a number within two days. Two days pass and still no number. Email again and FINALLY they gave me a number on July 23rd. Turns out that they JUST shipped it that day. I was pissed but I let it go because I thought I was getting the right wig. It came and (of course) for a second time, they sent me the wrong wig. They sent me this one:

http://www.cosplayandwig.com/catalog...78/9102150.htm

I emailed them again (included pictures AGAIN) and told them about it. I was getting nervous because Iím going to a convention at the end of September and I need the right wig. Until this day, they have yet to reply and I checked with Paypal two days ago and found out that I couldnít get a refund because it has been 47 days since the transaction. I think they were biding their time until the deadline passed and I admit, I should have been more careful. Not only did I lose my money, Iím stuck with two wigs I didnít even order.

The wigs themselves look decent. They started to shed a bit, but I heard that thatís normal. I also wished the packaging was more secure. It was just a taped-up envelope with the string around two circle things and a little another string around it.

Pros: Fast shipping, free shipping, low prices

Cons: Needed to be reminded (email) to ship item and provide tracking number, non-responsive after refund deadline passes, packaging

Comments: I honestly wouldn't order from them again. If you do and get the wrong wig (like I did) email them and demand a refund ASAP! Plus I found out, from some of our members that they use a bunch of stolen pics. Definitely stay away!

Final Grade: C-/ D+
MSU Chibi Con
AnimeNext 2013
Cyx3withlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #2483
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Name of Commissioner: Yayahan
Website/C.com gallery: Online Store
Character commissioned and series/video game: Rarity the Unicorn (MLP:FiM) Horn and Ears ONLY.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Me wearing the horn/ears
Timeline: August 6th-August 13th
Describe your Experience:

Pros:
*Very Quick Delivery
*Product is Well-Made and Exactly What I Expected

Cons:
*None! ^^

Final Grade: A+ ; Would definitely reccommend!

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #2484
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoolpyme View Post
Name of Commissioner: EarlyBird Costumes/Chloe Early
Website/C.com gallery:http://www.facebook.com/earlybirdcostumes
Character commissioned and series/video game: Amulet Spade (Shugo Chara) Giant Paintbrush Prop
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Timeline:I Messaged her on July 10th and sent her the first half of the payment on July 12th. I have just received it today on August 10th since I said that deadline was before Mid August.
Describe your Experience: She had excellent communication and since she lived around the socal area, she was nice enough to personally deliver the prop to me. I was really pleased with her work for this prop. She was also nice enough to send me progress pictures of the prop to me! She was also very polite and replied really quickly to my emails. An excellent commissioner that won't disappoint you!
Final Grade: I have to give her an A+ for her service,communication and her polite manners!
Just pointing out that Chlobits and EarlyBird are the same person. After I posted my review last year, she closed her other Facebook account and started this one.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #2485
colet3

Name of Merchant: hellocosplay
Item Purchased: Haruhi Suzumiya Gothic Lolita Dress
Pictures: Dont have them..
Timeline: About a month
First of all, the cosplay was not at all like the picture they show on their site.
It was not good quality at all.
Secondly, the cosplay was way to big! (I gave them my sizes)
I was really dissapointed because I bought it for my Last school day, I couldn't wear it..
So I returned the package.
But, after 4=5 months I still don't have my money back!, they say that they don't have the package.
I'm so angry and pissed about it.
I gave like 130 euros to nothing, gone was it.

So, final grade is realy a big: F------
Never buy at their store!
colet3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #2486
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Name of Commissioner: petery2011

Website/C.com gallery: ebay profile

Character commissioned and series/video game: Maka Albarn from Soul Eater, Entire Outfit (shirt, sweatervest, tie, coat, gloves, skirt)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Timeline: August 6th - August 15th

Describe your Experience: I ordered the costume on August 6th with my measurements for custom sizing. I ordrered the product because prior reviews were great and the picture of the product looked good.

On August 13th, I received a message from them saying the package shipped and would arrive in the next few days. I was surprised that it shipped so quickly, and even more surprised to receive it today!

I opened it up immediately, and at first I was a bit concerned. The product looked a bit short on the torso, especially the sweatervest. I thought for a moment that it wouldn't fit right, but I was soon proven wrong. I tried it on and although it was a tad short on the torso, it wasn't obvious and to me, it fit fine! the material was comfy- especially the skirt. The skirt was a felt-y cotton-y material that was very soft. Also, the coat was the perfect length! It looked great on me, and I was very satisfied. The cuffs on the coat don't have the button like the character does, but this was expected as the costume in the picture was missing this feature.

It's not the nicest cosplay I've ever bought, but for the price it was excellent! I would definitely buy from this person again, especially if I needed something quickly.

Final Grade: A

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #2487
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Back from vacation and all caught up!

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #2488
usuyukisou

^ Just wanted to point out...

* TeL / Blackmarket Studios is/are also going by the name "Hello Nessy" "Impness" "Inez Mae Padilla" "Impworx", and they have many other named "individuals"/aliases.
* Chokichi and CosplayMandy are the same person; she has two entries in the index.
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #2489
Mintpuff
The Purifier

Name of Commissioner: cddslink/Jennifer Cosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/1987csddlink...84.m1497.l2754
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tomoe Mami, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, full costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: maybe I'll take a picture when it fits -3-
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Purchased 7/23/12, arrived today, 8/16/12

Pros: Beautiful costume, lovely material and obviously very well made. Accurate colors and easy to put on. Packaged nicely.

Cons: Stockings were really wrong, so now I need to buy different ones to match the costume right (Mami wears brown cord looking stockings, NOT black ones!!) The corset thing was way too small (my fault, I believe. i couldn't even get it on to my dismay), and the sleeves were cutting off my circulation (that shouldn't have happened). I have to get those parts fixed now. I'm not sure if they'll fix it for me, but I'll update if they do/don't.

Comments: It got here pretty quickly from Hong Kong and the fact that they custom made it for me. The skirt fits so well it's insane, and the shirt is perfect around my chest (yay! I was afraid it would be made too tight even though I gave a measurement of 100cm, which is too big by about 5-6cm.). The gloves are very nice. They forgot to send my arm-bands but they immediately sent them out afterwards. I have yet to get them but I'm sure they'll be OK!

Final Grade: A- for now because of how wrong the stockings were.

UPDATE: They agreed to remake the blouse and corset for me for no additional charge besides shipping cost. Awesome.
Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)

Last edited by Mintpuff : 08-21-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: edit
Mintpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #2490
RHatake
Wig and Prop Commissioner

Name of Merchant: Cosplay.com Shopping
Item purchased (please include quantity): 2 different times only a few days apart and a total of 6 wigs
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Only got one and it was the wrong color. no pic.
Timeline (how long your order took to process) 34 days
I never had a problem with them until now and I've ordered from them for many years. I ordered 2 different times but close together so technically I could leave 2 reviews. The first order had 4 wigs and the other 2. It was getting close to the 45 day limit on paypal and the Client since these were commissions wanted me to put in a claim. Which I ended up doing after leaving Cosplay.com shop an email and called many times with no answer. I even called when it was morning there time which was really early for me with the time difference. (I live in Hawaii) I ended up contacting an admin and they said they would look into it but after that I received no more pm. I wrote another pm to the admin saying I need an update otherwise I will be filing a claim, still nothing. The other box with the 2 wigs came but it ended up being only 1 wig and not even the color I ordered. With paypal I did the whole depute and got 1/2 of what I payed for that one and the full payment of the other. I still have one more order with them but I will most likely be canceling it soon if the new place I found for punky works out. I also think waiting a month to receive a wig I order is ridiculous and once they say they sent it they should have! Not 5-15 days later.
Final Grade: D-

Name of Merchant: Amphigory
Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 yellow punky
Links to picture(s) of your received item: can kinda tell I have bad lighting http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMG_1494.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process) 2 weeks
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.: Honestly I did not like it and I only ordered for them because it was a rush order and they had 2 day shipping. I had clicked that and they ended up changing it to ground. When the wig came it was a yellow punky but with a neon green tint to it. Not at all what I wanted. Also after I payed for it my debit card info got stolen. This is the 2nd time I have used Amphigory and both times my debit card info got stolen. After sorting that out with my bank which at least asn't too bad. I talked to one of them on facebook. She said how her husband is the one who does it so it's safe and it was most likely my bank. o.O I had not used my debit card besides for that purchase as I do not use wells fargo as much since I have a new bank. I also read on here how the same thing has happened to a few after using Amphigory. Never buying from them again.
Final Grade: F-

Name of Merchant: Arda-Wigs
Item purchased (please include quantity): Jareth and Jareth Long
Links to picture(s) of your received item: but white: http://arda-wigs.com/collections/jareth and http://arda-wigs.com/collections/jareth-long
Timeline (how long your order took to process) same week as ordered
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Loved it! Very fast shipping, nice wigs, exactly what I ordered. Gave a tracking number and responded to me fast when they are out of something. this is my 3rd? or 4th time buying from them and I have not had a single problem. The wig also didn't process for 2-3 weeks like c.com shop does. I will be a loyal customer to them from now on.
Final Grade: A+++
RHatake is offline   Reply With Quote