Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Closed Thread
Unread 07-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #61
siyrean

Ok, after seeing a game of thrones panels at Apop and ConBravo, if there's one at conG, i need to be on it.

CostumeCon: Princess of the Crystal-Penguindrum, Cersei Lannister-ASoIaF, Steampunk
Ohio Ice and Fire con: Cersei Lannister, Modern Val-School of Thrones
Anime North: Shura, Agnes-Tiger&Bunny, Princess of the Crystal, Kanbaru - Monogatari Series
Anime Midwest: Finnian-BlackButler, Shura, Ouran, RWBY PJ ver.
Atomic LolliPop:
Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver.
Teslacon: Steampunk

Unread 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #62
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

I didn't end up picking up my ticket this weekend ;_; somehow I thought I'd done it, only to realize I had actually dreamed I did when all my money was gone from buying contacts for my halloween costume/upcoming cosplays...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #63
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm going as this girl for the Saturday of Con-G (possibly D-TAC or another holiday meetup).
http://www.zerochan.net/1155297
She doesn't have a name so it's Watashi(herself), Ms. Sweets (Fairies), Human-san (Fairies), UN/UNCC Representative (Humans).

I can't be the only one to think she looks like a MLP gijinka.....Fluttershy family? I need to buy candy for her as well to feed the fairies. lol

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 08-15-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #64
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

I have officially started my Con-G cosplays! OOOOO SO EXCITING!~~ 3 out of 4 of them... ._. the one is already near finished... The one I am mainly focusing on is Celes's Opera dress from Final Fantasy VI, which I am doing entirely by hand, no machine. http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...CelesMaria.jpg
So far it is coming along very well!! I hope I'll get better pictures of the progress up soon.
Btw, are there any other FF cosplayers coming to Con-G?

Ani_BEE, your character does remind me of a MPL character. It's cute, I like it a lot!
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #65
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
I have officially started my Con-G cosplays! OOOOO SO EXCITING!~~ 3 out of 4 of them... ._. the one is already near finished... The one I am mainly focusing on is Celes's Opera dress from Final Fantasy VI, which I am doing entirely by hand, no machine. http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files...CelesMaria.jpg
So far it is coming along very well!! I hope I'll get better pictures of the progress up soon.
Btw, are there any other FF cosplayers coming to Con-G?

Ani_BEE, your character does remind me of a MPL character. It's cute, I like it a lot!
You mad woman!!!!! That's crazy by hand!!!... As for FF cosplayers, I believe my brother may pull out the Auron again with the sword, because the sword wasn't done for Con-G last year AND his broken arm at AN. I have yet to determine what I will bring. I want to bring Hex for sure, and Duct tape Luigi for Masquerade... And possibly Megaman version 2 (duct tape) because I was disappointed that it fell apart... I am not sure it Yuna will be done at that point.

On another note:

We don't have a Con-G forum yet?!?! Slow admins me thinks.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #66
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
We don't have a Con-G forum yet?!?! Slow admins me thinks.
Sorry, that one's up to Admin. Just been waiting on him for that.

Pic related, it's me waiting for Admin.

(sorry Admin don't smite me)
Angathol is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Angathol evolved into Independent Badass!
Future Costumes: Deedlit : Record of Lodoss War | Saber : Fate/Stay Night | Aya Shameimaru : Touhou Project | Nozomu Itoshiki : Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #67
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Liliana: I was feeling optimistic to finish up my Clavat first, so I should have it done for Con-G? It's a bit of a spin-off game, but hope that's ok.

Angathol: No worries! You've been keeping up to date well, so we figured you were stuck waiting for someone else to set it up, or permission, or something along those lines. *I also love that picture.. haha*

Upcoming...
Leonardo (TMNT)
Feudal Link (Legend of Zelda)
Abel Nightroad (Trinity Blood)
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #68
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Liliana I get excite for every twisted episode of this series ... the Fairies are sinister as hell! Remind me of Madoka in tone, bright colours, the promises of a higher power.... the slow reveal of how warped they are. Also Watashi is sarcastic as hell as well in her head. Her running commentary/narration is wicked.
This will be my first non human shade range of wig I've worn. (Well Rin for one day but his was black blue. lol)

I've only stared the fairy test and order fabric swatches as my local store don't have orange and pastel lime fabric (I will not dye that my orange fabric again O_o but would consider the green)

Waiting for the Arda sell to get my wig(s) for it. lol

Actually a dress is a lot more fabric then they are seams but yes that will take you 10 times as long to sew and then and finish the seams if you don't have a lining fabric. My Satella dress took a rue full week of time to hand sew and the seam of course didn't look as good as a machine stitch.

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Unread 08-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #69
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Next week, hopefully I can finish the mockup of Quorra's undershirt (anyone know how to attach sleeves allllmost detached from the torso and only held on along the bottom? I'm seriously stumped), and start patterning her armour out.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #70
browncoatnaruto
Found My Fight

I'll probably be going as Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw in the pink catsuit outfit. Now I need to find a toy chainsaw I can modify to look like her's.

http://browncoatnaruto.deviantart.com/ -My Deviant Art
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brown...64647923641311 -My Facebook Page
http://twitter.com/BrownCoatNaruto -My Twitter
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #71
MDA
Destiny Productions

I've been working on my cosplays on and off...

Kefka I've got fabrics, the wig, beads, and feathers... and I want to do embroidery on him @_@ I'm losing it I tell ya...

Rydia's been in the works for a month, but I put her on hold to finish up cosplays for Otakuthon, and is on hold again till after Fan Expo so I can finish 3 cosplays by Wednesday. Then, back to finishing the corset. Capes, skirt, and top will be easier and take less time I hope.

Greed-ler... All the fabric and materials, just gotta put it together. I even now have the pants!
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #72
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@SuperBee: That would be cool if he brought Auron back! I love that character lol. And oh! duct tape Luigi, is that one one riding Yoshi that you made?? I yet have to see that cosplay in person!~

@Ani_BEE: Ahahaha! Awesome! It sounds interesting. And cool for the fairy test! Though I have to admit, the doll on the right kinda freaked me out a little bit, teeheehee, like I think you took your cosplay role as The Red Queen a little bit too seriously there, "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!" lol. XD jks.

And yup! Celes's dress is being totally lined. I have always been very comfortable with hand stitching things, and seeing that I am going to be handstitching on ALL of that cording like pattern on her dress by hand, I just figured why not sew the rest of the dress by hand too? It'd be nothing compared to all that... x'D I think maybe? lol I'll see I guess.

@Angathol: *giggles at your picture*
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #73
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I've been working on breaking in my Quorra boots.... I am so glad I dance ballet to have the balance and ankle strength for wearing them- these heels are TALL. Fortunately no balance issues, but they kill the balls of my feet and are hard on the knees on pavement (I NEVER wear heels, normally, because I regularly walk to places that are half an hour or more on foot. These ones are four inches tall...). Looks like soon I'd better go buy some of those high-heel insoles.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #74
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I tried to look up that skin you mention....Even our games are staring to cosplay. lol
http://lollipopchainsaw.wikia.com/wi...rnate_Costumes

If you get to the costume store early enough that pop up for Halloween you can find chain saw (they actual sell out quickly)! Juliet however has heat cutout which would be hard to do on plastic.

Liliana I tired to put the head back on but it was a no go haha... also... never mind spoilers.

I've cosplayed a beheaded girl and beheading Queen. lol

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 08-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #75
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@SuperBee: That would be cool if he brought Auron back! I love that character lol. And oh! duct tape Luigi, is that one one riding Yoshi that you made?? I yet have to see that cosplay in person!~
That would be the one! I have a few touch ups on it but overall it 'held together' (har har har).

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
Closed Thread