Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 283 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #3676
Sakurai_Atsushi
Yaoi Guy, in a girly body

No one? any help with the arm area?
Aizenism :3?
Sakurai_Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #3677
SilentCAt
Twisted Hi-def Fly girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurai_Atsushi View Post
No one? any help with the arm area?
Work out?
Felicia Darkstalkers

----
Upcoming Con- TBA 2013
SilentCAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #3678
jdp898989

So I'm going to put this is both male and female threads since it relates to both:

I taped at AKon this year to create cleavage (for Erica Anderson), and it worked great..until it started to hurt. I used both gorilla tape and medical tape, and it was quite awful at the end of the night. About 10 hours later, I peeled it off and had horrible, rubbed in burn-like marks on my chest. It's pretty bad.

So, long story short: be really careful if even THINKING about using tape on your skin.
jdp898989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #3679
rUssia_waS_C1
kitty-ryuu

so has www.underworks.com gone out of business? i keep trying and failing to get on the website and i'm a bit worried, i was just about to buy my binder today.
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #3680
Vardonir
Random Lurker

Are compression shirts known by some other name? I tried looking for one locally, but no one seems to have heard about it. I can't buy online. Maybe I can get something else? :I

I'm looking for something that I can use on a daily basis, so definitely not tape. I also tried a girdle and a sports bra, but I have breathing problems, so I get light-headed after 10 minutes.

Halp. D:
Vardonir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #3681
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp898989 View Post
So I'm going to put this is both male and female threads since it relates to both:

I taped at AKon this year to create cleavage (for Erica Anderson), and it worked great..until it started to hurt. I used both gorilla tape and medical tape, and it was quite awful at the end of the night. About 10 hours later, I peeled it off and had horrible, rubbed in burn-like marks on my chest. It's pretty bad.

So, long story short: be really careful if even THINKING about using tape on your skin.
You used GORILLA TAPE???? That right there is why you have burn marks... Never use duct tape or gorilla tape (which is worse) and to help getting tape off you, use baby oil.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #3682
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardonir View Post
Are compression shirts known by some other name? I tried looking for one locally, but no one seems to have heard about it. I can't buy online. Maybe I can get something else? :I

I'm looking for something that I can use on a daily basis, so definitely not tape. I also tried a girdle and a sports bra, but I have breathing problems, so I get light-headed after 10 minutes.

Halp. D:
The only places I've seen them are online. But I do know that some sport bras are actually compression bras. If you get one that's one size smaller, it will compress pretty well without affecting your breathing. I've got one and it binds almost as well as my Underworks Tri-Top, and I'm a 36C.

GL!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #3683
Pyroclast8

Dilemma 1. I'm a 36D, and I usually don't bother with binding, but with my newest costume I sewed a teensy bit too tight across the chest. I took that as a sign from the goddess of cosplay that this should be my first binding. I made my own binder from a piece of polycotton and a few sewing pins, but I have athsma and I'm a little concerned that my breathing will be affected. I tried tape and..... I laughed. It was sad. Plus I don't have the money for slimming undergarments. What do ya suggest?

Dilemma 2. Next year I plan to cosplay Kannagi from Arata Kangatari-http://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/arata-kangatari/21/3/ Bare chest. With 36D. Don't particularly want the band across my chest.............. HALP.

1. John Watson- BBC Sherlock
2. Loki- Thor, Tales of Asgard
3. Frodo Baggins- The Lord of the Rings
4. Bilbo Baggins- The Hobbit
5. Thranduil (Randy Thrandy)- The Hobbit
Pyroclast8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #3684
Talossa
We try hardcore!

For a bare chest, pretty much the only way you won't have anything visible is to use tape. In a nutshell: lift, separate, and tape everything down. Make sure you use sports or medical tape, NOT duct tape or anything else that's not designed for use on skin. It doesn't breathe, and you're a lot more likely to get blisters.

For binding, have you tried getting a sports bra that's a little too small and then binding over that? Before I got a binder I used to do sports bra + tape, which has the added advantage of not getting sticky tape residue on your skin. If you don't want to go with tape, I've read of people making their own binders using a wide piece of elastic, though if you don't have the elastic already the cost of that is probably equivalent to buying an elastic girdle or back brace.
Talossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #3685
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

I have a little bit of a problem. I have a 34C bra size and I need to do some binding but am completely stumped on how to go about doing it, especially since I'll be wearing a tight Zenti suit.
I DO NOT want to use ace bandages, I've heard some horror stories and don't want to risk injury. I also don't have the budget to spend a lot on a chest binder and the sports bra method didn't work very well on me.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #3686
crazywuzhere
................poop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGenki View Post
I have a little bit of a problem. I have a 34C bra size and I need to do some binding but am completely stumped on how to go about doing it, especially since I'll be wearing a tight Zenti suit.
I DO NOT want to use ace bandages, I've heard some horror stories and don't want to risk injury. I also don't have the budget to spend a lot on a chest binder and the sports bra method didn't work very well on me.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
In that case, save your money. Buy tri-top from Underworks. Seriously.
crazywuzhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #3687
NeonGenki
Wait A Macaroni Minute...

@Crazywazhere: I plan on saving for the underwork binder in the future but sad thing is that I have a con coming up real soon and the Zentai suit cut deep into my budget. However I think I've found a good solution to my problem, maybe...not sure how much it'll show through the suit. But I found an old sports swim suit top that works pretty well on its own, then I used some tape to flatten it down. It does the job and I'm able to breath
NeonGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #3688
swedishguitaris
MissTimeLord

This was really helpful! I just have one question though, I'm crossplaying Skwisgaar Skwigelf, and his little muscle shirt thing isn't revealing at all but my chest does need to be absolutely flat so i was wondering which would be the most comfortable method but with the most success? Idonno, i'm just going to be walking around a con for 4 days, around 12+ hours each day *exhausting* so i was just kind of wondering which would be best for me c:
swedishguitaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #3689
itsuxmasa

I've heard that doing upper body workouts that are suppose to tighten the muscles on your chest, leads to having smaller breasts. Is this true??
itsuxmasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #3690
Lookathere
nope.avi

No, I'm afraid there is no way outside of surgery to shrink your breasts' size. There are no muscles in the breasts, ergo there is nothing in them to tighten.

However, working your pectorals does give your breasts better support and "perk".