Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Anime Festival

Unread 08-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Marvel 2012

Let's face it, there are going to be a LOT of Marvel cosplays at NYCC this year. Most of them probably Avengers based, but there will probably be a good mix of everything, it being a comic convention and all.

I've heard that Marvel does an official gathering/photoshoot at their booth, and I've heard it happens sometime Friday. If anyone can clarify this and give me more specific times for that, that would be great!! I'd like to post it here so everyone will know.

But aside from that...why don't we set up Marvel gatherings/photoshoots? One on each day of the convention.

Post here, telling me who you'll be cosplaying, and which day, and I'll make up a list.
We can also discuss the best times and locations for our gatherings each day.

Photoshoot/Gathering Times:

Friday:
Official Marvel gathering~ 3:30-4:00pm, at Marvel booth
Marvel gathering~ 4:30pm, in front of Jacob Javits statue(location can be changed if someone has a better spot)

Saturday:
Marvel gathering~ 2pm, in front of Javits statue
Marvel vs. DC gathering~ 3pm, in front of Javits statue upstairs

Sunday:
TBA

Costumes:
Friday:
Black Cat- xx___envious
Black Queen(Selene)- Kassandra_Leigh
Hawkeye- Starwind824
Black Widow- Starwind's wife
Captain Marvel(Carol)- Starwind's friend
Agent Venom- Starwind's friend
Thor(lolita version)- Aurora Maryte
Iron Man(lolita)- Stephhxstar
Loki(lolita)- Elendriel
Captain America(lolita)- Aurora's friend
Hawkeye (lolita)- Aurora's friend
Taskmaster(orange cape)- JibriiRansom
Enchantress- tsutaya
Hawkeye(movie version)- phantomthief
Tony Stark(casual)- EdxWinry
Steve Rogers(casual)- EdxWinry's friend
Bruce Banner(casual)- EdxWinry's friend
Thor(casual as Donald Blake)- EdxWinry's friend
Black Widow- EdxWinry's friend
Hawkeye- EdxWinry's friend
Carnage- BatmanBeyond-08
Iron Woman- booklover67
Hawkeye(fem movie version)- MajesticLunacy
Maria Hill(movie)- Kartos

Saturday:
Hawkeye- ScruffyHawkeye
Loki- Elendriel(I'm not sure yet which outfit she is doing)
Loki(from Thor)- DreamCosplay
Black Queen(Selene)- Kassandra_Leigh
Sebastian Shaw- Kassandra's friend
Spiderman(Andrew Garfield version)- DeliriousMike
Pepper Potts- Lostdreamz
Tony Stark- Lost's husband
UDON Taskmaster- JibriiRansom
Leah- dazeyl93
Kid Loki- dazeyl93's girlfriend
Hawkeye(movie version)- phantomthief
Thor- BanditArtist
Nick Fury(fem version)- ThatDemonButler
Loki(Stuttgart)- DreamCosplay

Sunday:
Magik- Aurora Maryte
Cyclops- Aurora's friend
Jubilee- Aurora's friend
Wolverine- Aurora's friend
Rogue- Aurora's friend
Tony Stark- LockedxxHeart
Bruce Banner- Locked's friend
Steve Rogers- Locked's friend
Scarlet Witch(steam punk)- RogueMimzy
Deadpool- JibriiRansom
Kate Bishop Hawkeye- phantomthief
Hawkeye(movie)- phantomthief's friend

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Shinkoucon- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Last edited by Aurora Maryte : 10-10-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Friday I'll be Black Cat c: and yes, would very much like to know when the marvel booth shoot is at as well >.<

Next Cons/Cosplays
Magfest - Travelers (Journey)
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!
xx___envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #3
LockedxxHeart

My friends and I are planning a movieverse!Avengers group for Sunday. I'm going to be Tony Stark in the Black Sabbath concert shirt, my friend will be Bruce Banner, and my other friend shall be Steve Rogers.
Hope to see some of you guys around over the weekend.

And ack, wish I could have gone to the Marvel vs. DC gathering as Robin on Saturday, but I've already got a Doctor Who group cosplay to do.
I'll definitely be there taking pictures though!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

@Locked Heart; Omg, I know, I want to go to the Marvel vs. D.C. gathering Saturday too... but my friends and sister and I are already doing Assassin's Creed that day. I don't know what to do...

But we definitely have to have a photoshoot on Sunday then. (And Friday too.)
I can't wait to see your Avengers costumes on Sunday!!

@Envious: Omg, I LOVE Black Cat!!! I can't wait to see you and your costume on Friday!!! So excited for that!!
What times are good for you Friday, so we can start planning a shoot time?

Conventions 2014~
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Unread 08-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
tsukeru

How did I not see this thread yet? I will be attending as Bucky. It will all depending on the schedule of when I wear him.
tsukeru is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
LockedxxHeart

@Aurora - I know, it totally sucks! I mean, I am looking forward to the Doctor Who group I get to do on Saturday, but it would have been fun to be DC or Marvel cosplay for the shoot.
Thank you so much, I'm glad we're doing Marvel on the same day. I can't wait to see your X-Men group, that sounds so amazing and you have an absolutely awesome line-up for your group.

If time permits, I'll hopefully come by on Friday since there's going to be some cool costumes then that I'd like pictures of.
Hopefully you guys won't mind a DC cosplayer clashing the party? We can all get along, right?

Last edited by LockedxxHeart : 08-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
How did I not see this thread yet? I will be attending as Bucky. It will all depending on the schedule of when I wear him.
Okay well...I guess I'll wait to add you to the list until you're a little more certain of the day.

But that's awesome. And is probably going to be a really popular costume that everyone will love, after the announcement about the Captain America sequel and all.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedxxHeart View Post
@Aurora - I know, it totally sucks! I mean, I am looking forward to the Doctor Who group I get to do on Saturday, but it would have been fun to be DC or Marvel cosplay for the shoot.
Thank you so much, I'm glad we're doing Marvel on the same day. I can't wait to see your X-Men group, that sounds so amazing and you have an absolutely awesome line-up for your group.

If time permits, I'll hopefully come by on Friday since there's going to be some cool costumes then that I'd like pictures of.
Hopefully you guys won't mind a DC cosplayer clashing the party? We can all get along, right?
It does!! But, I can't just not do AC- unless I don't finish my costume or something and tell them I was too busy with school....
I'm glad we're doing Marvel the same day too!! I really want photos with you guys! I love Avengers, but aside from that lolita thing I'm doing Friday, there's nobody I can really cosplay as. I've always wanted to do Ms. Marvel but..the fact that her legs are completely exposed wouldn't work for me unless I lose a bunch of weight. I think my legs are way too fat, I'd blind people.
I'm actually even nervous about my X-men costume and freaking out over it. I have NO idea what kind of fabric I'm supposed to use, and I'm afraid if I pick the wrong thing, or I don't size it perfectly or whatever, that my legs will look horrible. Oh well.

And..idk, I can't guarantee your safety. I will restrain my self from beating the hell out of you, but I can't speak for other Marvel cosplayers at the shoot. Come at your own risk. XD

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
@Envious: Omg, I LOVE Black Cat!!! I can't wait to see you and your costume on Friday!!! So excited for that!!
What times are good for you Friday, so we can start planning a shoot time?
Haha I love her too! And anytime after lunch (after 12) would be good for me c: So if we can find a time on Friday after then, I'm all good!

Next Cons/Cosplays
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Well, I don't know what the schedule is like, or if they have any big events or guests on Friday. I also don't know when that supposed official gathering at the Marvel booth is...if that's even a real thing. I don't know for sure.
But, for now...is 4:30 okay?

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

With all of the unknown....I say that's a good time! 4:30 sounds good to me c: and well hopefully if people can't make it because of something on the schedule they'll be able to go to he booth (whenever that one is...)

Next Cons/Cosplays
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Also to note my friend knows for sure he'll be Hawkeye(movie version) on saturday. He's still debating the other days.

Next Cons/Cosplays
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #13
tsukeru

I have a gut feeling that Chris Hemsworth may be a guest at NYCC this year. It would be awesome if Robert Downing Jr was too...
tsukeru is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

@tsukeru - O.O Tom Felton and Chris Hemsworth? (if that does happen) I may just faint at this con...just saying >.>

Also my friend reminded me she's doing a Poison Ivy on Saturday and Hipster Zatanna Zatara on Sunday with a whole hipster comic group lol She doesn't remember who all is joining the hipster comic guys, but there are a Joker, Harley, and Robin with them.

Next Cons/Cosplays
Unread 08-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Okay, I'll add your friend to the list!! Is it Christian(ScruffyHawkeye) by any chance? Just wondering, since you just reminded me with the Hawkeye post that he's doing Hawkeye on Saturday. So just wondering if we have the same friend or if it's another person being Hawkeye too.

And Chris Hemsworth...oh, if only. Though, admittedly, I'm actually a Tom Hiddleston fangirl. I would die if he actually came to NYCC this year. Idk how, but I didn't know he was there last year. Probably because I usually don't give a damn about celebrities so never looked at their guest list. And then found out from a friend who met him, afterwards when it was too late, that he had been there.

But, I thought the 2 of them can't come since they'll be doing filming on the Thor sequel. And RDJ will probably still be working on Iron Man 3, though idk when that ends, maybe he'll be done by October?

Conventions 2014~