Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 08-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
ML1888

Comments/Threads don't appear?

Hi,

I'll post a comment, and it won't appear....until much later or sometimes not at all.
A few days ago I made a thread and it didn't appear, so I made another one, which appeared fine. Today the first thread appeared and I've asked for it to be deleted.

Is there a reason for this? As it's quite annoying not being able to know why your posts are being posted and then finding out later you've triple posted the same message in different ways...

Thanks.
ML1888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
ClockworkPrince

Smile ..

This actually keeps happening to me as well i'm kinda posting here as a test xD

Rachel (Blazblue) 5%
Bijou (Hamtaro) 99.9%
Fionna (Adventure Time) 10%

Check out my cosplay group
http://www.facebook.com/3sACrowdCosplay
ClockworkPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

ML1888, That's because you are new. It goes into an approval area until they see enough that you are not a troll or spam.

As for you, ClockworkPrince, I don't see why that would be happening to you..Maybe because you still have a very low post count. I think admin has it where after a certain number of approve posts, you won't have to wait. This I am not sure about but it seems like a good reason..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
crazeyal

Well, I've been here a few years, and it's happening to me. I don't post much, but I can post to certain threads. Others will go into moderation and it's been days.
crazeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

The moderation queue is checked daily. Right now, it's all clear. I try to check a few times a day whenever possible to get what is caught. If you make a post and it doesn't show, give it about a day or so. It shouldn't take longer than that.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
axelfox

I've noticed it as well.
axelfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Hopeful Angel

But you know, new or not, they should at least give new people on here a chance to post up pictures and whatnot. If they think that some people are spammers/trolls, then they shouldn't allow them to do so and just do what they think is best for the site. Either that, or probably the site could be having technical difficulties? O_o
Hopeful Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
ReachtotheStars

I tried to make a new post and it didn't show. I am new, but I am not a troll. My question was genuine.
ReachtotheStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #9
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
ML1888, That's because you are new. It goes into an approval area until they see enough that you are not a troll or spam.

As for you, ClockworkPrince, I don't see why that would be happening to you..Maybe because you still have a very low post count. I think admin has it where after a certain number of approve posts, you won't have to wait. This I am not sure about but it seems like a good reason..

While that may be true, I've seen mis-posts with just random garbage being approved quickly while legitimate posts not being approved.
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Not all posts hit the moderation queue. Some get past it and appear without approval, and I can tell you I did not approve those threads, nor did fellow mods. Those are quickly addressed and the spammer banned. Lately the spam has been minimal thankfully due to extra measures that were taken to lessen the number of spam on the boards.

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

Unread 09-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
ML1888

Okay thanks for clearing that up
ML1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2012, 02:55 AM   #12
furaitaro

Hi there!
I hate to post on a somewhat "dead" thread, but I didn't want to make a new thread either. I've been experiencing similar problems even though this account is at least a few years old... but then again, I have a low post count because I'm a bit of a lurker.

I think it might help to have not-yet approved posts in our list of posts with a little "awaiting moderation" note next to it. I just submitted a topic for the second time because I thought that my first one was either rejected for an unknown reason or because of an internet error (I know some websites have been acting funky since Sandy hit). Now I feel paranoid that I'm going to have both topics up in a few days and I'll look dumb/like a spammer. :/
furaitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #13
djlemma

I've been trying to post helpful links in several threads, but it's been several days for some of those posts and they haven't shown up. Are new users banned from posting links? Is there a FAQ somewhere that explains all this- how long new users are under 'probation,' what types of posts aren't allowed for new users, anything like that? I'm sure mods are busy, but it's very difficult to contribute to a discussion if my posts are going to be delayed by a week or something.

And I apologize for being new and acting so demanding. I'd just really like to jump into the discussion where I can and it's been nearly impossible so far. The "waiting for moderation" suggestion from furaitaro would be awesome, because at least then I'd know what was going on.. but right now I don't even know if these posts I made will EVER be approved.
djlemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #14
cybernova

Having the same problem. I'm new, but I think 5 days for a clearly-not-spam post to be approved is kind of laughable. I've made one doublepost already, even though it isn't showing up either. I thought after 4 days that I just hadn't posted the first thread at all, but none of my newer posts are showing up either. Been 24+ hours since trying to post them so...

Is this a particularly busy time for mods or a forum bug?
cybernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

I'm not sure about other mods, but I was away on vacation and had no access to a computer since Wednesday of last week. I am going through now to clear up all the posts that got caught, which was...a lot. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. All posts should be good to go unless they are spam, or under the post count for the Marketplace.