Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 08-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Haha it is! I just know him as Christian...it's weird calling him scurffy xD but we met at katsu while I was with Cosplayer Nation and interviewed him. The other friend is Christina Marie (Marie Grey) friends with GammoGahato Cosplay(Kelly) and I think it's kelly who will be hipster joker o.o but don't quote me on that last charge.

Gah, I'm such a BCC person that I rarely even try to make the time to go to NYCC but now the comic dad and I decided to hit it this year even though our main man won't be there. (we go to bcc for stan lee, billy tucci, and frank cho) But these actors O.O oh god...why haven't I gone sooner?

Next Cons/Cosplays
Magfest - Travelers (Journey)
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!
xx___envious is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx___envious View Post
Haha it is! I just know him as Christian...it's weird calling him scurffy xD but we met at katsu while I was with Cosplayer Nation and interviewed him. The other friend is Christina Marie (Marie Grey) friends with GammoGahato Cosplay(Kelly) and I think it's kelly who will be hipster joker o.o but don't quote me on that last charge.

Gah, I'm such a BCC person that I rarely even try to make the time to go to NYCC but now the comic dad and I decided to hit it this year even though our main man won't be there. (we go to bcc for stan lee, billy tucci, and frank cho) But these actors O.O oh god...why haven't I gone sooner?

I feel weird calling him by his cosplayer name too. So no worries.
I guess because I knew him(briefly but still) before he even made his cosplay FB and came up with that name. And besides, in real life, I don't really ever call people by cosplayer names it's just weird...
Lol, that's awesome though that it's Christian that we both know. He's so nice.

And, Stan Lee isn't coming to NYCC? Seriously? Wow. I thought he comes every year, that is really weird.

And yeah, I was so angry last year that I didn't check the guest list and I missed Hiddleston, and Chris Evans too I think my sister would've liked to see him.
You definitely should've come last year, but hopefully some of them will be around this year.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
I feel weird calling him by his cosplayer name too. So no worries.
I guess because I knew him(briefly but still) before he even made his cosplay FB and came up with that name. And besides, in real life, I don't really ever call people by cosplayer names it's just weird...
Lol, that's awesome though that it's Christian that we both know. He's so nice.

And, Stan Lee isn't coming to NYCC? Seriously? Wow. I thought he comes every year, that is really weird.

And yeah, I was so angry last year that I didn't check the guest list and I missed Hiddleston, and Chris Evans too I think my sister would've liked to see him.
You definitely should've come last year, but hopefully some of them will be around this year.
Haha good to know I'm not the only one who thinks its awkward to call him scruffy o.o and he is, I'm the friend who bans together with his old cons friends and tease him about his abs and girls xD it's our job.
He's also my Kamina and Haru for Katsucon

It doesn't look it and BCC has noted him for 2012 ever since last year o.o I guess they have a contract with him? But I've been told to wait and see for more comic artists and writers: they're the reason I will be coming.

Oh man...if only I knew too O: Lesson learned, know everyone who is coming lol

Next Cons/Cosplays
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!

Last edited by xx___envious : 08-18-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
tsukeru

Either way, I hope some Marvel celebs show up to NYCC this year.
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

It seems to be a lot of Batman and DC guys this year O.O or so how the list looks like right now. But there will be the current Marvel Editor in Chief and his people, so hopefully they bring some of our guys. I'll ask Frank and Billy if they're coming to NYCC this year when I see them at BCC.
The one thing I love about BCC (and I go to about 5-6 cons a year) is that even the guests know you like you're family and everyone knows everyone since it's so small. Easy way to get to know the comic people by becoming their friends haha. But that's what you get for a small con o.o I can't wait to meet everyone at NYCC ^.^

Next Cons/Cosplays
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #21
LockedxxHeart

@Aurora: Yes, definitely want some photos with you and your cosplay friends too. Sunday is usually a quieter day for cosplay anyway, so it'll be nice to meet other Marvel cosplayers then~
And for material, seems like some sort of spandex of stretch material would be your best bet =]

Oh my god, if any of the actors from the Marvel films came I think I might faint and die. I'm already ecstatic to possibly meet Adam West and Burt Ward (I absolutely LOVE Batman), and meeting one of the film Avengers would just...I don't know if I'd be able to handle it.
Either way, I am SO excited for this con and this thread is only making me even more excited =]!
LockedxxHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #22
Cblakesley
Scruffy Hawkeye

It's not nice to talk about people without them knowing Kris and Cass! :O I have to figure out my schedule for NYCC, I will know more to my schedule when the con gets closer :X Hopefully there won't be TOO many Hawkeye's there =(
Cblakesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
Kassandra_Leigh

Im doing Black Queen ( Selene version ) for the con - though not sure if im doing it only sat or Friday AND Saturday? Sat Ill also have a Sebastian Shaw with me though sadly no Emma so i doubt anyone will know who the heck I am LoL
Kassandra_Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #24
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassandra_Leigh View Post
Im doing Black Queen ( Selene version ) for the con - though not sure if im doing it only sat or Friday AND Saturday? Sat Ill also have a Sebastian Shaw with me though sadly no Emma so i doubt anyone will know who the heck I am LoL

Um...I'll list you for both days then?
People probably will know who you guys are. I know that I would. But you can always find an Emma cosplayer at the con on Friday and kidnap her.

And @Christian: Ohhh but you know you love it having pretty girls talking about you. Don't lie. XD
No but in all seriousness, we didn't say anything bad and I was just curious and had to know if it was really you that she was talking about.
And there will probably be a ton of Hawkeye cosplayers actually..but you'll stand out from the crowd because I'm sure you'll be the best.

Conventions 2014~
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Unread 08-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
DeliriousMike
Time Lord from Gallifrey

I was going to be Spiderman, the Andrew Garfield version in the new Amazing Spiderman for Saturday
DeliriousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Friday I'm rolling in with a Secret/ modern Avengers group-myself as modern Hawkeye, the Mrs. as Black Widow, a Captain Marvel (formerly known as Ms. Marvel), Agent Venom, and our other friend joining us as Captain Britain or Eric O' Grady Antman. Updates will comes as the con gets closer.

Saturday is definitely BATurday, as I'm rolling in w/ a dozen or so Bat-cosplayers, and there's been X-men stuff being discussed, it's just a matter of when. Cyclops and Emma Frost are definite, not sure who, if at all, else. Possibly Dusk, Nightcrawler and Kitty, I think.

As for the guest list, it's pretty stack, in term of comic creators. Marvel has 9 dude confirmed on the spotlight list, and at least half of the featured/specials guests have or are currently working on Marvel books. Ironically, the guests I'm jacked for all work for Image books.

And enxious, if you like BCC, you NEED to hit up Heroescon, it's very much in the BCC vein where it's relaxed and you can talk to people. I ended up drinking and talking w/ a bunch of indie creators I like this past year, as well as some other big names. I literally lost count how many times I crossed paths w/ Stan Lee or George Perez outside of their booths that weekend. (And small world, Christina is staying in one of my rooms during BCC and we're cosplaying together for both that and NYCC).

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblakesley View Post
It's not nice to talk about people without them knowing Kris and Cass! :O I have to figure out my schedule for NYCC, I will know more to my schedule when the con gets closer :X Hopefully there won't be TOO many Hawkeye's there =(
Lol...I told you about this so no saying anything Christian >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliriousMike View Post
I was going to be Spiderman, the Andrew Garfield version in the new Amazing Spiderman for Saturday
I need to find a spiderman for friday haha But I probably will find one during the shoot then. Hope to see photos of yours c:

@Starwind824 - Ohhh, do tell me where Heroescon is O: This does sound like a con perfect for when I just want to relax away from something as big as Otakon. And that is a small world, Christina and I have to find each other at BCC at some point lol or at least before I hit the Frank Cho line

Next Cons/Cosplays
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #28
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Updated!! Like I said before, I'm leaving off anyone who isn't sure what day or what costume they're doing yet. I'd rather add them once they do know than go back and edit later. Just so you all know and don't think I'm leaving people off the list for some other reason.

Conventions 2014~

Unread 08-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx___envious View Post
@Starwind824 - Ohhh, do tell me where Heroescon is O: This does sound like a con perfect for when I just want to relax away from something as big as Otakon. And that is a small world, Christina and I have to find each other at BCC at some point lol or at least before I hit the Frank Cho line
Heroescon is down in Charlotte, North Carolina, usually in June. The con is more Artist Alley than it is dealer's room, which is nice, because the guest list is usually insane. He's a peek of last's years roster-
http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/guests/

C2E2 in Chicago is also cool, basically being NYCC w/ half the attendance rate and a better venue.

And obviously since we're staying in a hotel, hanging out time can be plotted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
Updated!! Like I said before, I'm leaving off anyone who isn't sure what day or what costume they're doing yet. I'd rather add them once they do know than go back and edit later. Just so you all know and don't think I'm leaving people off the list for some other reason.
Makes sense!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #30
mochihi

saturday - dr strange (female)
mochihi is offline   Reply With Quote