Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 05-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #46
TheVampireNeko
Nya!

That's reassuring. At least I won't be the only one. I always get scared when I read the rules. I plan on at least wearing stockings under my skirt. That should be good enough, I hope.
TheVampireNeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2011, 03:06 AM   #47
TheVampireNeko
Nya!

Another question from me! So, Comiket's rules say you can't have something designed to produce a loud sound, right? What about a prop bamboo flute? It can't really produce sound well, plus I wouldn't try to play it anyway(just pose with it). Do you think that'd be okay?

What about a quiver of arrows, but the arrows are stuck inside of it? It says no "loose" athletic equipment, so I figure it's okay if they aren't loose. Plus, they have no arrow heads (they are just doweling rods with 3 triangles at one end). Of course, they are under a foot long. I made them short to keep with the rules.

Thanks.

Tell me what you guys think...I don't want to break the rules.
Unread 08-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #48
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVampireNeko View Post
Another question from me! So, Comiket's rules say you can't have something designed to produce a loud sound, right? What about a prop bamboo flute? It can't really produce sound well, plus I wouldn't try to play it anyway(just pose with it). Do you think that'd be okay?

What about a quiver of arrows, but the arrows are stuck inside of it? It says no "loose" athletic equipment, so I figure it's okay if they aren't loose. Plus, they have no arrow heads (they are just doweling rods with 3 triangles at one end). Of course, they are under a foot long. I made them short to keep with the rules.

Thanks.

Tell me what you guys think...I don't want to break the rules.
I'd say maybe on the flute and the arrows (you might be farther ahead making a fake flute out of lionboard that's incapable of making a sound, it would be simple enough, and would guarantee you can keep it out). If you want to give something a try and it fits in your hand luggage, you'll be fine. If something catches staff's eye, they'll just ask you to present your book, accept your mark of shame and put it away. We've never seen anything get confiscated and quite a few times people here have gotten away with things they shouldn't have (I was allowed to wear an eyepatch if I took it off to move around the hall, some Vocaloids got away with megaphones if they could prove they didn't have batteries, etc). Cosplay staff's pretty awesome. They know the rules are tight and are usually cosplayers themselves who try to think of things from your side.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #49
TheVampireNeko
Nya!

Great. It's made from bamboo, and I have to work REALLY hard to make it make a sound (made it myself). I'm glad that they probably won't confiscate it. Thanks for the advice.
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #50
maeshughes21

Cool por que les dicen Gaijin

es forastero es que no se mucho de japon pero igual me interesa su cultura, su ropa ,sus comidas y sus eventos son geniales >.< kawaiii neee
maeshughes21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #51
maeshughes21

es forastero es que no se mucho de japon pero igual me interesa su cultura, su ropa ,sus comidas y sus eventos son geniales >.< kawaiii neee
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #52
maeshughes21

Unread 08-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #53
CorporatePuppet

^lol.

de todas formas la bienvenida al mundo del cosplay ^^

Anyway, on topic of the thread~

WOW! I didn’t knowthat you have to pay to cosplay and men aren't allowed to crossplay but women are.
Well that sucks the fun doesn't Cosplay reallyXP

But I know that it's different in Japan then it is in foreign countries. In Japan cosplay is serious whilst elsewhere in the world, cosplay is for fun ^^

Well when I hopefully get the chance to go to Japan, and to the a con. I don't offend anyone:L
CorporatePuppet is offline   Reply With Quote